Worse boss evar.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by jdre_124, Aug 20, 2008.

1. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
  2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
  3. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Stuff like this is why I quit playing WOW.

4. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

You cannot beat this boss without Leeroy Jenkins.

5. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    I lol'd

Well, this is the first time I see a company that concerns about gamers' welfares.

6. Hound_Dawg

Hound_Dawg Shinki,Braves,TF's Oh my!

I am not sure I understand, this boss is in FF11 not WoW. Or was it just a generalization that MMORPGs tend to eat up peoples time and energies?

7. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    They were probably doing it wrong.

Also: If after one or two hours you aren't putting a dent in it, you really should walk away. Let alone five, ten, or god forbid 18 hours.

8. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Ah yes. There is no trick to beating that boss. FF11 is a nightmare and loves to punish people. Why people continue to play it is beyond me. I quit when someone said they haven't slept in 2 days because it's so hard to get a leveling group.

9. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    18 hours and no dent? They weren't fighting it right. They said the reason they couldn't beat it was because it kept healing. There's probably something you're supposed to do to stop that. More than likely a special item or skill.

10. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

Hardcore.

I was at one time interested in FF11 until I found out it is more demanding than my paying job.

11. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    ya i played ff11 till i ran into the rabbit in the newbie zone that can kill maxed out characters. its mobname the bunny with teeth like this

12. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i thought this thread was going to be about ninja gaiden 2.

13. Nexus Prime

Nexus Prime Creation is proof.

18 hours???? Now that's dedication. or just sad.
    I've spent close to that on one game, but one boss is just insane. I'm guessing they were hoping the boss had more of a life then they did and would just give up and go home.

14. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    It supposedly has 11 forms...now assuming they are doing it right...this is just a bad idea. FORCING people to fight a boss for 18 hours is not exactly healthy. I would give up after maybe 2 hours if it wasn't dead at that point. Nothing should take that long to kill...

15. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Go go horrible media spin!

If someone hasn't slept in 2 days from not getting a party, they're doing it wrong. It's easy for people who are actually good at the game to level up on their own without parties. But that requires brain power.

The trick with that mob is that it keeps respawning in different forms. It's initial form is a monster called a Dverger, who spawns with 8 smaller monsters that aid it. After using one move it instantly changes into a brand new monster with full HP and 8 brand new "pets". It changes at least 20 times, each form having full hp and 8 new pets until you kill them all, get into it's last form which at that point it releases a super move on everyone.

This fight, which isn't even the longest fight in the game, was designed to be beaten by players taking "shifts" as many monsters in that game are taken down by people coming and going. The people who this story is about did not do that, infact they were fighting this monster with a fairly small amount of members and as such didn't have enough man-power for substituting in or out. And even then, the problems people were having didn't come from the length of time the fight went on itself, but the sheer adrenaline rush of beating one form, only to have that crashed when a new form appeared. And it's only because of that did this story make headlines because a monster fight this long is not something new. There has been a monster in FFXI for 3 years now that has never been beaten without an exploit and battles against him have gone on 20+ hours.

And if you couldn't tell, I currently play FFXI, it's a great game and only gets better. This monster was aimed at the 1% of the playerbase who more or less has done everything in game. The average player will never even see this mob, let alone fight it for 18 hours. But the media always loves it spin...

16. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

most girls would tell you to stop by then.......

oh wait......

final fantasy....... yeah..........um....... :D 

17. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

My bad. Lack of clarity. All MMORPGs in general.

18. Hound_Dawg

Hound_Dawg Shinki,Braves,TF's Oh my!

Cool, I hope you don't mind my engaging discussion on that point, and may be needed for another thread, but would it not be our responsability as game players to know when to put down a game? And it not necessarily be the games fault?

If I remember correctly, you were quitting for school, which I commend, school does come first before any game, but you are an example of putting life before a game,

19. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Ditto. I got WOW back in December, and quit after three months. I plan on selling the whole Battle Chest on eBay for a couple of bucks. Who knows?

20. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. I played it for a while until I realized it was a chore just to get a group, and you couldn't really level on your own. I just played enough to realize the dream of being a Summoner and watching new players stare at me while I was summoning Shiva and Co.