Worried About Possibly Only 2 Abilities

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Forceman4077, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Forceman4077

Forceman4077 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So in the past other people and I have come out in the past and said "Hey guys I don't think that X will be in the game". The most notable example of this being killstreaks. What normally soon follows is what I call the High Moon Defense Force, or H.M.D.F. for short, saying "It will be in the final game, it's just a demo".

Now my current worry is that in the final game, like the demo, there will only be 2 abilities per class. I myself after seeing the, imo BS, reason that KS were taken out can see them limiting it to 2 abilities for "balance reasons". It would be another step down, what I think, is the path of dumbing down FoC.

Don't get me wrong I really do hope I'm wrong about this one, but I have been right a bit more then I have been wrong.

So if, hypothetical, this turn out to be true, what are your thoughts? Would you be ok with the Scout only having Cloak and EMP Gren, Leader w/ only Hover and Barrier, Titan w/ only Whirlwind and Flak Shield, and Scientist w/ olny Heal Beam and Battle Turret?

Also H.M.D.F activate!

2. BlackLight

BlackLight Banned

Well to the Fall of Cybertron hater force omega five (Aka F.O.C.H.F.O.F)I am concerned as well. Apparently shock wave is in the multiplayer, but not the demo, so we'll see what happens.
    Also ATHF assemble!

3. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I'm also worried about this. I really want more abilities, and there sure are a lot of abilities in the campaign they need in the MP (Grapple, Shockwave), but for some reason it won't bother me that much. If I think about it, yes it will, but during gameplay...
    But I don't think they'd only have TWO abilities. That's just dumb and limits your options.

I think it will be there, based on the fact that there's other stuff we don't see in the demo but that is in the full game, like Blast Off's parts, Zeta's parts, whatever the Throwback set is, stuff like that. There's tons of images of the CHEST, and I know for a fact it was the chest section, having a scroll bar. And that I also saw "Throwback".
    They're definitely going to have more characters parts in the full game, more colors, so why not abilities?

God, there's SO MUCH CRAP that needs to be asked on their Twitter.

4. Forceman4077

News Credits:
    The reason I give pause that, since it came from a hack, it's the same ability from the SP.

5. BlackLight

BlackLight Banned

True, thats why i'm a little cautious. high moon wouldn't be stupid enough to have only 2 abilities and a few upgrades in, you get shit like that in downloadable arcade games.

6. Forceman4077

News Credits:
    However parts are different from abilities, an example is we can see all the guns but in the demo we will never be able to use them all.

People have asked these questions on twitter, I have asked these questions on twitter. It just seems HM is more interested in retweeting people saying the demo is amazing and flawless then answering gameplay questions.

7. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    Where did you hear shockwave was confirmed as an ability? I have a feeling that this may be it. Which abilities are missing?

Molecular bomb
    Warcry
    Drain (replaced with healing)
    Mark target (orbital pistol)
    Decoy trap
    Disguise
    Energon sling (kinda useless since there is only 1 ability)
    Disruption
    Ammo beacon
    Guided missile

Considering this is a new game and not WFC2 you would think we would see some new abilities, have not seen anything that is new besides the grenade

8. Forceman4077

News Credits:
    They where dumb enough to remove KS and vehicle abilities. As the MP stands now I will bet people money it will get marked down in reviews for having less gameplay options then WFC did.

9. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    It would be amazing if sound waves ability is in multiplayer, summon either rumble or laser beak and they can act like a sentry.

10. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Heal Beam is new, Flak Shield is new, Hover Slam is new...

11. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    Well, Heal beam is another form of Drain, We had Hover in the last game, but now you can slam, Flak shield is the only real new one

12. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im not worried

13. BlackLight

BlackLight Banned

I couldn't care less for killstreaks. They only took out the ones that gave you free be kills(come on, if you are good you don't even need those), and spread the others about the map. As for the vehicle abilities, it is a mixed bag. I'll miss the flipping and what not, but I find the vehicles A lot more useful in a firefight now with the quicker transformation transition time. . Makes the gunplay more of what you would expect from a transformer.still miss them though

Probably wouldn't get marked down for something like kill streaks and vehicle abilities, especially not something like kill streaks.

14. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

you really dislike things about this game that should be liked, and you like features that should be disliked.

You're quite the unique flower indeed

15. Forceman4077

News Credits:
    To be fair Energon Recharger is a "I win this one on one or two on one" ability. With the reviews you may not believe me, but we'll just have to wait and see.

16. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'm not too worried 'cause didn't we hear of some hacker using the shockwave ability?

17. BlackLight

BlackLight Banned

I could say the same thing about you my friend. It is what we call a 'matter of perspective' :) 

18. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    It's in the campaign, they could have hacked it into MP.

19. Forceman4077

News Credits:
    That's my thought.

20. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    When I transform as destroyer I see shockwave appear in the bottom right corner for a second