World's Tiniest Prime (that's not a custom) - Pic Heavy, Beware!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Triformis, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

This may be old news, but every fan I've asked about this has never seen it before. I do believe that I am now in possession of the world's tiniest (note that I didn't say "smallest" since it's not in that toyline), officially licensed Optimus Prime. I have tried searching for it on-line, but since all the text is in Japanese and I don't speak or read Japanese, nor do I know anyone who does, I figured it was high-time to go to the masses. I mostly would like to know the name of this toyline (if it can be called that), I think it came out in 2004 if the box can be believed.

I picked this up recently at Wondercon in San Francisco, CA from the same dealer that Razerwire got his BT-17 Black Convoy from. The guy goes to Japan a bunch, so he's always getting weird stuff, he says. From what I can discern from the packaging and interior accessories, this line of blindboxed figures (mine was opened, thankfully, so I didn't have to blow a TON to find this Prime) is focused on toys that were hits in Japan, like Henshin Cybprg, etc. The package even includes what I take to be part of a newspaper from the hear Transformers arrived in Japan in the form we know and love (1985) as evident by the picture of Ronald Reagan.

The toys themselves are plastic and, yes, the cab and trailer can come out of the box and are attached together. I just didnt feel like taking it out again for my quick photo session. Regrettably, both versions of Prime do not transform (or open) and they are made out of plastic, not metal., but, IMO, they still rock 'cause it's 2 more Primes for my Prime collection! Hooray! It also came with a "sticker" sheet; so-called because I'm not sure they are actually stickers. If they are, I'm gonna have to cut them out myself very carefully. And if there's no adhesive backing, that'd be even worse. I'll probably just leave them off as I am fairly certain they are just for show.

The one major thing that baffles me is the inclusion of the "Happy Bathtime" soap stuff (at least, I assume it's soap stuff). Is this a common practice in Japan? Opening your toys and taking a bath simultaneously? I've gotten many other blindpacked stuff in the past, but I've never had the "joy" of getting a soap freebie.

In retrospect, I should have taken a pic of these items alongside the WST Prime, so you could see the relative scale. If there is demand for that, I'll do it. It is a bit smaller than the WST version, but not by a whole bunch or anything. The box it all came in is actually quite large, about as big as my (average adult, male) hand.

Enjoy the (crappy and quick) pics:

[​IMG]
    Front of Box

[​IMG]
    Right-side of Box

[​IMG]
    Back of Box

[​IMG]
    Left-Side of Box

[​IMG]
    Inside Packaging Tray

[​IMG]
    Happy Bathtime!!!

[​IMG]
    Mini Newspaper - Front

[​IMG]
    Mini Newspaper - Back

[​IMG]
    "Sticker" Sheet - Far

[​IMG]
    "Sticker" Sheet - Near

[​IMG]
    Toy Catalog

[​IMG]
    Prime!

[​IMG]
    MIB Cab and Trailer - Front

[​IMG]
    MIB Cab and Trailer - Back

2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Congrats! It's a cool piece that only shows up on ebay once in a while.

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    dude, its right there in my collection pic. there was even a mass order sorta by a bunch of us with a reputable japanese member here along with pen convoy.

its popularly called toyshop convoy. randomferret even accidently binned 2 numbers. mwahaha.

4. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Any comparison pics? In relation to G1 Prime or WST Prime? Cuz I can't tell how big that is.

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    you can see mine here, bottom middle. its abt 2/3rd the ht.

[​IMG]

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Congrats, I want one.

7. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

yeah, it's nifty. I got mine here from sydneyy as well. I hear it fetches a bit of a premium on ebay. I hope this is a good enough size comparo for ya, that's him in the middle ;) 

[​IMG]

8. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Congrats! I got mine off ebay last week.

[​IMG]

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    happy bathtime!

10. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
  11. Triformis

See? I KNEW somebody here had already seen it, but it appears as though others had not, so I don't feel as nooby again (that's twice in a week I've posted older news unknowningly, but I honestly had no idea what to search for).

Nice pic, ckhtiger! I need some of those Primes still. Are the two on the right near the front MyClone versions? If so, the only one I don't imemdaitely recognize is the trailer and cab Prime in the back on the right.

Optimus Scourge, if you don't mind my asking, what did you pay for this on the 'bay? I'm curious to know if I got ripped off or not. I doubt it 'cause I don't feel like I did and that's what counts, but I'm still curious.

So, is this the new board greeting?: Happy Bathtime!

12. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    How much did you pay? I wonder if the ones I was selling are a decent price :p 

13. Triformis

Well, I paid $22. He was asking $25, but I talked him down a bit. So, too high? Or did I get a decent deal? I hate overpaying, but I had never seen this before and, like I said, I feel like I got a good deal.

14. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    wow ok I am selling for way to less then thx :D 

15. Triformis

Great....

16. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

the one in the back right of my pic is one of the pvc primes from the japanese series that became our heroes (or legends) of cybertron.

17. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

That thing is awesome...

to be clear... is that the same thing as the "History Collection" item I see on eBay occasionally? It usually says WST in the title, just curious.

18. Triformis

So it is, so it is. I had a hunch it was that, but I hadn't seen one in a while and only on-line. Man, I need that thing....And the other two I mentioned are MyClones then?

19. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I have two of this guy. I paid $30 shipped for the first one ( $15 plus $15 for shipping ), but only $14 total for the second one.

Last one I saw on ebay went for over $50.

20. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got him for $10 on Yahoo Japan, think it ended up being close to $20 after fees and shipping. He's cool.