Worlds Smallest Transformers? Worth it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Are the Worlds Smallest Transformers worth collecting? Seem like they have most of the G1 series and look to be like a great companion to the bigger guy's.

2. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    If you like them, yes. If not, no.

3. Tigertrack

That's an obvious answer, but not what I meant. Are they worth it like the G1 reissues and Encores are worth it. I know they are.
    I've never seen a WST up close and personal so I don't know what their like.

4. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    "Worth it"? I will reiterate, if you like em, get em. I got Thrust for Xmas and he's pretty cool. Don't know if I would get more, since some of them get pretty spendy.

5. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    They're worth it for the going price of the regular releases; definitely not in the case of the chase figures.

6. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    Go big or go home!

7. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Of course they are! :D  Sure you don't get a whole lotta plastic for your money but they're just so cute! :lol  Even the JustiToys ones fit in perfectly with the WST Family. Why don't you own any yet? What's wrong with you? :lol 

8. Atamalobotsu

Atamalobotsu Banned

Yes WST are awesome. Soundwave is prolly the coolest of them all. But now he is sort of hard to get at a retail price. Just get the Justitoys Blaster and Shockwave. Prime is pretty easy to get but a trailer is somewhat hard. However there are plenty of good quality KO.

Then if you can get them, there are the custom japanese ones like Ultramagnus armor, sixshot, wheelie, springer, and arcee.

9. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I got two Primes for free and Thrust for about £2. Those were worth it. I couldn't justify the sort of money they go for now. To pick an example at random, I could buy a WST Jazz for £25 shipped. For the same money, I could get an Encore (unless I'm looking at a KO by mistake).

10. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  11. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

i only have prime and megs. totally worth it, imo.

12. Tigertrack

Thank's guy's. Back in my car day's I liked having models of models and having the Masterpiece Skywarp with his Encore version is pretty cool. Would be nice to complete the trio with a little Mini-Me.
    I just think it would be neat to display micro-versions of the "real deal".
    How's the quality on them?

13. blackwave

blackwave master of logic

they are overall good quality but they like to fall apart real easy. the parts on them are really small and a bit difficult to get back on.

14. Tigertrack

Thank you for your answer. I was wondering about that do to their tiny size.

15. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    The Autobot cars work really well and the third-party figures like the Dinobots are nearly perfect. (Swoop is the exception and is difficult to stand.) For the Decepticons, most of them aren't as good. Starscream, et cetera, are based upon a poor G1 design to begin and can have parts fall off easily. They look good, though, if you don't mind not touching them once their pieces are in place. Megatron is basically the same as the G1 version, but with the small scale, it makes it much more temperamental. Soundwave, in my opinion, is the best of the Decepticons even though he is sort of pricey now.

Among the official WSTs, Jazz and Soundwave are my favorites. Any of the other Autobot cars translate really well to the smaller size. I particularly like Silverstreak, but am not certain as to its availability on the secondary market.

16. galvascream

galvascream Apple Junkie

News Credits:
    A pic i found for scale:
    [​IMG]

17. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I disagree with the idea that an optimus with a trailer is hard to come by.
    I got one rather cheap from a dealer on eBay. IIRC, i got him for $10 shipped.
    I had bought another Prime without a trailer for $8, so i think i did ok.

I have 2 jets and they are fantastic. I keep them in jet mode near my G1 Metroplex.

Some are pricey, but if you budget out to get 1 pricey one and say 1 inexpensive WST each month, you will build a decent collection.

Like next month, I gotta break down and get the Justitoys Dinobot set.

These are a worthy addition to any collection.

18. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    :D 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the sad thing is, I could probably do this all day LOL. I never really got into the WSTs until I got the KingToys Mini Seekers and decided I kinda wanted to do the same thing you were talking about.

I only have the Seekers, but the quality is actually pretty good. The only official ones I have are Starscream and Thrust, but I've got a full set with the KOs. The KOs actually have more articulation and a more accurate transformation than the Takara ones do IMO

19. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

i say no, i bought thrust on a whim...that was a pain in the ass...loose floppy mess...straight of of the box brand new....collect all the G1 and other TF's you want and need to get....then when it is raining and you have nothing else to do that night...start with these guys...not until you have collected every transformer that you have wanted before though....that is how low i place these things.

20. Tigertrack

That's exactly what I had in mind! Except your missing the Masterpiece Skywarp! LOL! The two smallest ones on the left, which one is the official WST model? And what is the one farthest left?