World's Smallest Transformers: Worth anything?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by PlanckEpoch, Jul 24, 2011.

1. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    A comic/hobby store here in Portland closed, and I picked up a bunch of Transformers before they went out. Among the stuff is a box of WST Series 1 and 2, all complete, I believe. I got it because I only really wanted Soundwave, but I figure that perhaps they're worth something, either in money or trade.

But are they really worth anything? I checked Ebay and there's only Thrust with a reasonable 10.89 BIN. I don't really regret my purchase, but I just want to make sure if there is actually any demand for these guys on the secondary market before I start offering them in trades or what not.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Do you have the chase figures too? Soundwave alone goes for quite a bit, last I knew.

3. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm just one guy, so don't base it on that, but I like the official Worlds Smallest TFs a lot. I'd say all the KO's have spoilt the market a fair bit, but I'd take an official WST over a KO any day. Do some research into the case distribution of these WST's; you'll find that WST Thrust is VERY common and that $10.89 is actually on the high side. However, rare WST's like Skywarp, Thundercracker, White Convoy and Cliffjumper are way more valuable just due to being shortpacked (chase figures), and can go for up to $50-$60, if not more.

4. AdyCarter

AdyCarter Mentalist Conspiracies

Thrust is worth almost nothing.

As Alldarker points out the KOs have ruined the value of quite a few of them (especially as the KOs are actually superior nowadays).

A rough guess based on the current market at what these figures actually sell for (rather than been constantly relisted).

Soundwave, Streak, Cliffjumper - $50-$60 each
    Skywarp, Thundercracker, White Prime/Magnus Cab - $30 each (KO market has really killed these.
    Rest - $10-20 each
    Thrust - $Give it away

If you are interested in selling or trading, I would certainly be interested in Cliffjumper and Thundercracker. (Perhaps Skywarp and White Prime too, but I have KOs of them)

5. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Prime's trailer is worth a fair amount as far as i'm concerned.

6. AdyCarter

Arguably yes, thing is the KO trailer is superior in several ways, the main way been that the combat deck (or what ever you want to call the blue thing inside this week) is properly detailed and poseable.

Before the onslaught of $10 KO Trailers the genuine ones were merrily selling for $100-$200 reguarly :/

Finding someone willing to pay that much now for one, while tricky, isn't impossible, you just need a completionist or someone who REALLY hates KOs.

7. optronix72

optronix72 Autobot

Ebay:
    What would the blue Tracks bring in price?

8. AdyCarter

I'm assuming you mean the KO one, as the Takara one was never released. (If you have the Takara one somehow can you take a pic, I could use a much better one for the site)

Valuing the KOs is a tough call, when Heero is swamping Ebay with them, they have next to no value (Magnus, Tigertrak, Breakdown and Primes are his current mass listed ones) but when hes not they can creep up.

Heero to my knowledge hasn't had a Tracks up on ebay in the past 18 months, admittedly he could list 500 tomorrow but as it stands I'd probably say $20-50 definately on the higher end of that bracket provided its got all the accessories (heck I'd pay that in a heartbeat).

9. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

The WST are worth something. The Chase sets are worth a fair price to the right buyers.

As stated, Soundwave alone can be sold anywhere between $30-60 dollars.

10. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

KOs destroying the market....no way lol

11. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    I see, I see. Thanks a ton! I don't have anything like Thundercracker or Skywarp unfortunately.

12. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I am a big fan of these. I would agree with AdyCarters breakdown.

13. 2ndSndWve

2ndSndWve Hen... Shin!

News Credits:
    is wave 2 the one with Hot Rod?

14. AdyCarter

Wave 2.5 was Hot Rod, he was a new figure in that wave along with Tundercracker and the Anime coloured trailer.

Thanks for backing me up wolfe.

15. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No problem.

Shame about the thrust figure, I actually like it but i guess i'm a sucker for all the little parts.

16. AdyCarter

What I don't get is why Thrust ended up so common, he was only in Wave 2 and the "regular" Thrust has never had any KO versions that Im aware of, yet everyone who has any interest in WSTs seems to have no shortage of Thrusts!

17. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Maybe there was a larger production run and more of him were put into the cases? I'm not really sure.

18. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    tracks isn't made by him, the seller that makes them charges $140 each for them, so definitely not heero

19. AdyCarter

20. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I saw a smoked, "clear-black" WST Thrust on ebay just recently. I'm pretty sure it was a KO.