Worlds rarest tf cgc comics

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by sector_7_cgcs, Dec 27, 2008.

?

WHAT DO YOU THINK MY CGC COLLECTION IS WORTH?HONESTLY NO HATER'S

Poll closed Dec 27, 2009.
  1. 1000,000

17.5%
  2. 500,000

5.0%
  3. 400,000

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 300,000

2.5%
  5. 200,000

2.5%
  6. 100,000

2.5%
  7. 50,000

7.5%
  8. 25,000

2.5%
  9. 15,000

5.0%
  10. 10,000

57.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

wow when i first saw the poll i was like, who cares. its not about the money, and it seemed by having that poll you were just bragging that you had something most people here dont have. and besides most of us are in it for the toys anyway. but not gonna lie, i like comics too but TF comics were always just meh to me. sorry bro, congrats on buying all those tho.

2. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

ok sorry for double posts but i went back and read some of your posts and i just have to say wow. it seems all you care about is money. to me, my collections pricless due to the fact that i hope to never have to sell it. i feel that whenever you say "hey look, i have this and its worth mega $$$!!!" then all your saying is look, i paid a bunch of money for this and later i'll get most of that back. and i agree with , sorry forgot your name, but the person who said they has minty fresh comics but just chooses not to grade them. you shouldnt need some other approval to know if you think your collection is minty and all that, if its good enough for me, who cares what others think. just a few thoughts.

3. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And the EXACT same thing would happen to your comics if you posted them all as one lot and tried to sell them for 1 million just like what you think your collection is worth. You are one of the 5 people that think your collection is worth that much and you will be surprised to find out that it is not lol.

This proves my other thought . You are not here to share, you are here to TRY and show off. Your collection is the best to YOU AND YOU ONLY and only YOU say so. You can tell by the replies and the results of you poll that no one agrees.
    It reminds me of being about 8 and in grade school and you would get into fights that my dad is better then your dad , or my dog is better then your dog lol.

SO MY collection is the best , not yours. And untill you can prove ME wrong then my collection is the BEST... lol

I also think may just be a seller from ebay using the forums to try and sell your stuff.

4. sector_7_cgcs

sector_7_cgcs Member

I am here to shae just curious cause there priceless to me , but might be forced to sell and wheather or not anyone belieave regardless I love to share. I will love the transformers nomatter what. just wanted to kno people opinion cause no collection exist like mine and your right its only worth what someone is willing to pay. for people that don't know what cgc is here, and I know alot of comic stores and readers hate cgc, but I love them it preseves memories in mint condition for years to come
    The Certified Collectibles Group is an umbrella organization consisting of Numismatic Guaranty Corporation of America (NGC) the leading grading service in rare coins, Paper Money Guaranty (PMG), the leading currency certification service, and CGC, the first independent, impartial, expert third party grading service in comics and photographs.

Our certification companies have a proven and respected commitment to integrity, accuracy, consistency and impartiality in grading collectibles that has made them leaders in their fields. This proven model of success is ideally suited to adapt to the unique challenges of grading comic books.

COMICS GRADING

Professional comic book grading eliminates concerns about grade misrepresentations by providing an expert assessment of condition and quality. Every comic book certified by CGC is graded by the hobby’s most experienced and trusted team, according to well-established grading standards. Furthermore, every CGC-certified comic book undergoes a thorough restoration check by leading professionals during the certification process. When restoration is detected, it is fully noted on the certification label.

Once certified by CGC, a comic book is encapsulated in a state-of-the art, tamper-evident holder, providing superior protection and stability for long-term preservation.

CGC employees are prohibited from commercially buying or selling comic books, eliminating any potential conflicts of interest. CGC is the only expert, impartial, third-party certification service.

Over one hundred thousand comic books are submitted to CGC each year. Books are carefully handled and tracked through the grading process, and always fully insured while on our premises. You can explore comic book grading by tracing through the grading process.

CONFIDENCE IS KNOWING WHAT YOUR GETTING.

Certification offers many benefits for comic book collectors, dealers and retailers. As an independent grader, impartial to any party, CGC provides this certification with accuracy and enthusiasm. Some key benefits include:

Establishing a Grading Standard
    CGC's top grading experts traveled the country to have the leading comic book collectors, retailers, and dealers review a grading set of comic books. Using the average of their opinions as a guide, our expert grading team has been able to establish a consistent market standard that is widely trusted throughout the hobby.

Performing Expert Restoration Check
    One of the most important parts of the CGC expert grading team's review of your comic book is to perform a thorough restoration check. When detected, restoration is specifically noted on the grading label.

Increasing Confidence Among Buyers and Sellers
    With impartial grading and a consistent standard, expert restoration detection, and a tamper-evident protective holder, buyers and sellers trade with more confidence by mail, phone, and on the Internet because they know what to expect of a CGC-graded book. Because buyers appreciate impartial and accurately graded comic books, they become confident and aggressive bidders. Sellers are assured that they are receiving a fair price for their book's condition.

Providing Holders That Can Be Safely Opened
    We have designed our holder for optimal visibility of the comic book so it can be opened carefully and removed safely. Due to their fragile nature, we recommend the immediate re-certification of the comic book once our holder is opened. When re-certifying, the inner label should be returned to CGC for a $5 re-certification credit ($10 off Walk-Thru Service).

Offering Better Protection for Comic Books
    The CGC holder is made of state-of-the-art materials and is designed to meet the needs and demands of comic book collectors. There is no other holder that protects comic books as well as the CGC holder.

Developing the Standard
    Everyone seemed to agree that the Overstreet reference was the foundation of the comic book grading standard, but there were a number of subjective interpretations of its published definitions. It was critical to understand how these guidelines were being applied to the everyday buying and selling of comics. To accomplish this, approximately 50 of the hobby's top experts took part in an arduous, if not grueling, grading test. By averaging their grades, an accurate grading standard reflecting the collective experience of the hobby's most prominent figures was thus developed.

A Proven Standard of Integrity

To best serve the needs of the comics hobby, CGC has made a commitment to meeting or exceeding the market's unique requirements while also applying its management's experience and reputation for integrity in certification. CGC employees are not allowed to engage in the commercial buying or selling of comics. In this way, CGC can remain completely impartial, having no vested interest other than a commitment to serving clients through accurate and consistent grading.

Each comic book will be graded by expert graders according to CGC standards, in a way that preserves the integrity, quality, and confidentiality of the grading process. CGC's attractive and durable tamper-evident holder utilizes cutting-edge technologies to provide the best protection for your books. The holder is slim and lightweight, making for easy storage and transportation. Its front and top labels display comprehensive information about the book and its grade. The holder allows clear viewing from the outside as well as a safe opening mechanism for easy access to the book if the owner decides to break the seals and invalidate the certification.

A Commitment to Hobby Enrichment
    Our commitment is to enhance the experience of an expanding number of comics collectors for decades to come. To accomplish this, CGC will work diligently toward these goals:

To Build Trust... by increasing the confidence of collectors and new market participants in the integrity, impartiality, expertise, and consistency of CGC certification.

To Build the Advantage of Expertise... by establishing a grading standard the knowledgeable collector or dealer can continue to trade and submit books for certification successfully while the novice can purchase their favorite books with confidence. The implicit advantages in hobby knowledge will encourage collectors of all levels to explore the hobby and increase their expertise.

To Build Consensus... around a CGC grading standard that reflects broad market standards based on wide research and input from collectors and dealers nationwide, so that confidence in trading comic books of all types and values is greatly increased.

To Build Advantages for the Collector... by revealing the unique characteristics of each book we grade, so that a more informed buyer can confidently pay as much as he believes the book to be worth to his collection.

To Build Interest... in the collecting public whose novice interest can be expanded safely and enjoyably by purchasing certified comics for their collection.

CGC is committed to...
    Listening to professionals, collectors and industry experts throughout the company's initial stages and growth and into the future...
    Remain consistent to our market standard for grading...
    Remain committed to expert restoration detection...
    Offer all of these services at a reasonable price that represents an exceptional opportunity for the collector and dealer...
    Offer all of these services with the brand of CCG professionalism that breeds trust and respect throughout the comics hobby
    · When your comics are graded by CGC, you can trust that the highest level of expertise, impartiality, and consistency will be applied to every comic, everyday.

5. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    dont have to quote the cgc bible, still dont change what i think :) 

6. sector_7_cgcs

sector_7_cgcs Member

your right , I don't care what you hater's think , I'm here to share and maybe talk transformers with nice fans, not people that need to knock people's collection. I know this is a toy site, but there is really no difference between AFA AND CGC. I won't respond to you hater's , for others if they like to see my collection which has more then just comics , ENJOY.

7. Killa-B-Killed

Killa-B-Killed Material Handler

I understand CGC's services, and have used them extensively in the past.
    My hunt for high-grade comics lasted for years, and I only bought the flawless copies. I was submitting books from the mid 60's, and rarely scored over a 9.4. The grading is very strict.

A side note....CGC inserts a thin sheet of microfiber paper to absorb any moisture that collects in the case.

sector 7 cgcs......You have made a great accomplishment, and you should be proud. The Registry awards prove that you have the highest-graded runs of Transformers comics.

There are a few things you need to remember, as I am seeing this thread start to take a negative turn......

1....All professional grading is subjective. This means that even though CGC is the standard in comic grading, it is still just their opinion.

2....Almost all members on TFW are toy collectors, not comic collectors. Your collection would probably be appreciated much more on a site devoted to high-grade comics.

3....In the end, the only persons vote in this poll that really matters.....is yours:) 

8. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never said i didnt like your collection. I liked it very much . What i was comenting on is the way you are making it seem that you are rubbing the collection is everyones face by saying its the best in the world and unless someone can prove to you that its not then it will stay the best in the world.

You posted with more of a show off attitude like "look what i got and you dont and none of your comics with ever grade this high so dont bother sending them in cause they will never grade a 9" and cared more about asking people to tell you what they think its worth and if they dont agree its worth that much you tell them they are worng and its worth more.

Coming here to share them is great and i enjoyed looking at them , but it looked more like you came here to brag and show off..

And killa-be-killed you forgot one thing :p  lol that goes along with your "1....All professional grading is subjective. This means that even though CGC is the standard in comic grading, it is still just their opinion."

1A. It depends on how that person is feeling the day he grades the comic.. If he is having a awesome day like he just had sex all night and is in a great mood then he will grade the comic much better.. But if he was in a craptasic mood and mad atthe world then he will most likely not grade it the same.

9. sector_7_cgcs

sector_7_cgcs Member

I THANK KILLA-BEE FOR UNDERSTANDING AND HIS COMMENTS AND THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE A POSITIVE AND i'M HERE TO SHARE AND GET IMPUT FROM FELLOW COLLECTORS . AS FOR THE GRADERS MOODS , EACH BOOK IS GRADED BY THREE PEOPLE TO DETERMINE THE FINAL GRADE AND DON'T LOOK AT PREGRADERS NOTES TILL AFTER. WHAT EVS ENJOY EVERYONE! THANKS KILLA

10. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    You should change the lowest value on the poll to "< 10,000".

11. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

I collect CGC 9.6/9.8 WP Hulk's.

I have 75 Hulk issues so far.

Congrats on your Transformer collection.

I tried to start a CGC 9.6/9.8 WP Transformer collection, but only got the first 4 issues before I gave up.

12. Killa-B-Killed

^^^Don't get this guy started.......5 more posts and he'll be talking about his She-Ra collection:) 

13. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I've been collecting comics and working in comic shops for 20 years. I know a thing or two about them. Newstands and direct editions being the most common of knowledge(how you even came up my apparent lack of knowledge on that baffles me). And believe me, ALL my comics are in the high the 9s. I, like you, only collect the best issues. Corners, staples, centering, direct over newstand etc, etc all must be considered. It really shows you're ego that because I or anyone else chooses not to grade their comics that you believe them to be novicesor unable to find or recongize pristine issues. Finding NM to Mint is something of art that takes years to learn. But again, value is in the eye of the beholder and obtaining a higher grade is not some contest. You may be the first person in all my years working the hobby industry to ever claim it is one. Yes, you can prove by the official grades you recieved, but if most of here choose to actively grade your collection just might not be so special anymore.

And again, nice collection. Makes me wish I hadn't stop collecting individual Transformers after DW went bust.

14. Da_Last_2_Walk

15. Killa-B-Killed

^^^I stand corrected......Whats up pre-rub King!!!

16. Da_Last_2_Walk

The King of Pre Rubs will spare you. :tongue: 

Just marinading myself in Hennessy. :drunk 

Still looking to upgrade a few pre rubs to AFA 85s.........You got tha hook-up?

17. Killa-B-Killed

Just 90's homeboy..:) 
    I will call you tomorrow.

18. sector_7_cgcs

sector_7_cgcs Member

as i said just here to share and imput till all are one.

19. Da_Last_2_Walk

Can you explain to me exactly how the CGC Registry works?

20. sector_7_cgcs

sector_7_cgcs Member

is there anyne that collects transformers cgc comis