Worlds rarest tf cgc comics

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by sector_7_cgcs, Dec 27, 2008.

?

WHAT DO YOU THINK MY CGC COLLECTION IS WORTH?HONESTLY NO HATER'S

Poll closed Dec 27, 2009.
  1. 1000,000

17.5%
  2. 500,000

5.0%
  3. 400,000

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 300,000

2.5%
  5. 200,000

2.5%
  6. 100,000

2.5%
  7. 50,000

7.5%
  8. 25,000

2.5%
  9. 15,000

5.0%
  10. 10,000

57.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sector_7_cgcs

sector_7_cgcs Member

www.micurio.com/transformerscgc10

that is most of my collection not including every issue uncirulated and double bagged as well.
    That guy who has the original universe art contact me. Love to chat , want those , very cool!

vote my poll just curious what my blood is worth,lol

for the poll , your voting on the proto-types ,cgcs, and comics art

2. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I don't know much about grading comics, but it never struck me as transformers comics being worth that much. I can't make my way around that site too well, but it seems like you've got the US marvel run, and I suppose some others. so I voted the lowest amount.

3. Killa-B-Killed

Killa-B-Killed Material Handler

Props on the CGC Registry awards.

I collected comics for quite a few years before I came back to toys.

If you like the way a vintage Transformers comic looks slabbed, you really should see how impressive a G1 misb/mib toy presents in an acrylic case:) 

Great Collection!!

4. sector_7_cgcs

sector_7_cgcs Member

Thanks for the comments I do own some toys just sold off al my reissues, I like cgc cause , it doesn't matter who you are. you just need to put time and effort to being and getting the best., and noone can take it away from you. The toys are alot too and I love them , but afa is really expensive and noone can really say for a fact they got the best collection. Thanks for the comments. Thanx keep it coming.
    Till all are one. and with the awards . I let this one guy win the infiltration categorie.long story.

5. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think you need to add a Transformers Timelines #2 signed and with a sketch by Drew Eiden to really put it over as the #1 collection. :) 

6. sector_7_cgcs

sector_7_cgcs Member

well always looking to buy , plus I think the only 10.0 ss does the over the top if not another ss

7. sector_7_cgcs

sector_7_cgcs Member

Please everyone , vote and look you won't regret it! Thank you

8. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Eh, there are a LOT of people (myself included) who would vehemently disagree with you.

While I can admire the desire to be or have "the best" or "the rarest" of collections, many of us cannot afford such a luxury. We have other priorities in life such as... well, life. And that means things like paying the mortgage, having a baby, etc are more important to us than our hobbies.

Also, such a collection CAN be taken from you -- there are such variables as fire, flooding, vandalism, theft, an angry ex-lover, and the IRS that could actually take your collection from you. I nearly lost my entire collection in an electrical fire back in the late '90s, and experiencing such a thing is a real wake up call. Talk about having an epiphany? That will do it in an instant.

And I don't mean to be a spoilsport, but this is the reality of collecting.

Myself, I prefer to collect loose toys. It's cheaper and just more fun to me because I can pick one up at any time, transform it, and then put it back on the shelf.

And while CGC does increase the value of a comic, once it's been graded, you can never open it again to read and enjoy it. Them's the breaks.

But if you want to be able to say you have the best or rarest collection, more power to you. That's your prerogative.

But I would think, even graded, the Marvel and newer TF comics including the more rare variant covers, that even a complete collection of them wouldn't be valued at more than a few thousand dollars at best. I could be way off on that, but many of my own Marvel comics are worth less today than they were at the original cover price. Sad, but true.

At any rate, it is an impressive comics collection you have there. Kudos on that. You have every right to be proud of it.

I take it you have the Blackthorne Comics 3D TF issues too? I got those at the San Diego Comic-Con years ago for like $2 each, and they're still near-minty fresh. I had to open them and read them. I mean, what's the point of having comics in 3D if you don't see what they look like? I pretty much completed my comics collection after getting those. I'd still like to own the rest of the Marvel UK run, I just never got around to buying the rest of them.

These days, I don't like buying comics anymore. Except in some cases where a favorite character is featured on the cover, I no longer have a desire to *own* them. I told a comics shop owner a while back I wish there were a Netflix for comics so I could just read them and send them back. He actually got angry and said, "Don't you EVER tell anyone you had that idea! My business would be RUINED!"

He's right, but I just want to read the stories and admire the artwork, not keep them. Guess I'm weird that way.

9. sector_7_cgcs

sector_7_cgcs Member

With CGC it just nice to admire the best of the best and thats what trades are for to read. With 9.8s from the 80's just amazing to see a book 25 years old and look at it , and think it just came off the shelf. its just like afa grading. CgC just came up with a system so people can say and prove that there comic is in better condition.cgc is a third imoartial grading company. They never know whos books there grading , wheather your the president or me. No special treatment, the books go through three graders and every page is accounted for. As for reading them I have and I love to admire the art and remeber and remeise on the stories.thanks for your comments. to learn about cgc just google it. I don't think people are understanding the process and difficulty in geting a good grade and how much it cost's buying and submitting books.

10. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Nice collection. Only thing that sucks about investing in 80s-90s CGCs is that more and more are graded each month and prices of already graded ones are always dipping. Its hard to say what they will be worth for a few years. Issue 1 will probably be the biggest slide since its the most graded issue and IDW/DW stuff is so new that most will be 9.4-10s. But you have alot of lesser graded issues there that look great. Congo-rats! Do you display em or do you store them?

11. sector_7_cgcs

sector_7_cgcs Member

I store them for now , as what you where saying, with the new movie coming out , all the remaing high grades will be submitted and that will be that. All the professional grades went cray last year with marvel. I have certain issues that are one of a kind grades and eeven a double cover, I still won't be happy untill I have everything in 9.8 if thats ever possiable.. like i said like issue 31 I seen 5 9.6 and own the only 9.8 they probable never be another one and I could go into grading details, but won't. and thanl you forr your comments, and for one of a kind I love signature series, not everone has a transformers ss with the producer on it and it skethed in. thanks keep the imput coming. and there are only like 1400 , 10.0s in the world

12. sector_7_cgcs

sector_7_cgcs Member

Thank for the compliments , I agree that there are alot of issue one slabbed but what due you expect, but out off 688 there is only 65 9.8's and 5 ss, in the grand scheme of things thats not alot and only 2- 80-9.8's , i know all the professional graders after this movie all the high grade which I have more then half of , will be graded, after issue 30 the print went lower and lower+ ther was a printing issue with the 20's. Thanks for the comments ant everyone keep responding and voting, alsso with signature seris ,like the one I have with the producer triple signed with bumblebee coloured in, will never be duplicated. thanks everyone , don't forget to vote.

13. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its a nice collection but im also one that likes to look at the inside of the comics and not just there cover. There are alot more amazing pictures inside and most of the time better then the cover and once it sealed up you can never look at those again unless you find a second copy.. As far as what its worth , i dont think it worth 1 million like 5 people have voted for, a complete boxed G1 collection isnt even worth that much(flashback to the woman that tried to sell her husbands collection for that much lol ) , I clicked 10 grand only because it was your lowest amount you listed. I would say a few grand for everything.
    It's only worth something if there is a demand for it and someone wants it badly . I use to have a baseball card collection that was worth about 6 grand about 80% were sealed graded cards just like your comics , When i finally sold it after refusing offers of 6 grand and 5 grand i only got about 400$ because the demand for them just wasnt there anymore. So that was my huge wakeup call to not collect things based on there market value, but to collect them because it was somthing that meant something to me on a personal level like Transformers do .. I think what matters most is what they are worth to YOU and not a cash value..

14. sector_7_cgcs

sector_7_cgcs Member

Well if your into cgc , like me , I like it cause there more to it then meets the eye , I agree comics are ment to be read, in trade,lol, just if you look at most cgc's I have most are one of a kind , like issue 46 is a double cover and i have some movie prequel error version. I appreciate everyones comments and vote's. Though if you don't know what cgc really is please don't vote. Some of these books are just as hard and expensive as a toy or even afa, I am the only person in the world to have issue's 1-20 in 9.8 marvel, 1-4 gijoe and the transformers/universe1-4 all 9.8s, with the universe I have the only 4 9.8 and If you know how stricted cgc is on grading.books like that .there will never be another issue 9.8 , just like issues , 10 16 31 61 69ect there will never be another 9.8.
    plus i know if you never seen a cgc in hand you can't really appreciate it
    yes it doesn't transformer, but go look at a transformer comic, the buy one cheap in the
    9's and see how amazing it looks beeing 30 years old and looks like its right off the shelf. with cgc , can't just own one.please keep voting and ask questions if nessasary

15. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I'm glad you're collection makes you feel better about yourself. Thats what a collection of well...anything does. But you comments about not appreciating CGC a little ridiclous. I've never owned a graded comic, seen more than my fair share of them. Ultimately, they're only worth what someone is willing to pay for them graded or not. Hell, I'd have valued your collection less, but the opinion wasn't there. Though, a grade gives you a number to say yes you have a 9 or 9.8 whatever, but that doesn't mean you're the only with those issues in that condition. Hell, I have 1-25 of the marvel series in 9.5+ condition, but I've never bothered to grade them nor will I. Their condition is gonna remain the same because I take care of books, but I don't some "official" source to tell that. You really seem to need the validation that the grading offers you so more power to you.

And very nice collection btw. I love comic collections, my first hobby love.

16. sector_7_cgcs

sector_7_cgcs Member

That the problem you think those books are in great shape but bet you if you sent in all 25 you be lucky to get any of them in the 9's. you need to own one or submit one to see how competetive of a hobby cgc is and they are things you obviosly don't know about comics like the difference between a newstand editions and direct. but not here to insult but if you don't know what cgc's are genaraly worth to begin with then you don't know how hard it is to obtain high grade's, doble covers, misprints,ect. keep the comments and votes coming.unlike toys I can say for a fact i have the best and can prove it cgc;s are insurable.

17. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know what cgc is , its the same exact thing my baseball cards were. Graded and sealed in plastic cases. I also had one of a kind autographed card inserts and others that were super limited to like 1 to 5 in the world. Rare diecut laser cut, gold foil, cards with actual pieces of uniforms in them, wood from bats and leather from footballs used in games, signed and numbered by the player. They are not worth even close to as much as they were when i first got them because either the player got really bad and sucks or they got hurt and there carear ended BUT mainly because baseball card collecting has gotten very unpopular. Same thing can happen to transformers Comics. It could suddenly become unpopular and prices can drop out the bottom of the bucket.

You dont need them sealed up to have them looking 9.5 mint.. Just about All my orginal 80's issues of transformers look like they were just printed and i only have them baged and boarded, so to me having it sealed is not different , just cant read them anmore lol.
    Some bad things can happen to them being sealed up though as with anything thats sealed up. Moister can form inside the case from heat and the moisture in the pages and that can cause mold and destroy your comic, i have seen that happen myself with a few of my cards. This is why AFA grading leaves a slit or small hole in there cases to allow the case to breath.

But at the end of the day they are only worth what people are willing to pay. If no one wants to buy them, then they are pretty much just a comic sealed in plastic worth no more then the cover price.

18. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think the only reason you posted this here was to try and show off and not to actually share with others. Otherwise you would not be asking people over and over to vote and keep saying you have the best and greatest collection ect ect. I can turn around and say that my entire collection is the greatest in the world and no one else has a better collection lol.. And on a personal level to myself this is true , but i will never get someone else to believe this because to them there collection is the best and so on.. This seems to be what you are trying to do , to get people to agree that you have the greatest collection in the world. And i highly doubt you will achive that. Its only worth alot to you personally and not to others. Graded or ungraded, sealed in gold or platnium, its only worth what someone is will to pay for it at the end of the day..

And you can insure comics even if they are not graded , i have every ssue of mine insured along with my collection of figures. AND insurance is only what the insurance company will give you if something happens to your collection , that is almost always higher then what someone will actually pay for the same item on the market. You always insure your cllection for more then its actually worth, this is what i was told when i insured my collection.

19. sector_7_cgcs

sector_7_cgcs Member

just wanted some feedback and cgcs are documented and updated , and untill you or someone like you think they have the best send them in for grading , you'll be surprised just like that million dollar auction women sent books in and none came back 9.8 and she thought they would, now they stand in ebays store never going to sell for what she wants. Cgcs are not completly sealed. So until someone can prove me wrong my collection is the best, wheather yo can transform it or not, its the best not cause I say or think. it is cause its a fact.

20. sector_7_cgcs

sector_7_cgcs Member

you should know this transformers will never lose value it is the highest selling toy line ever revenuing over 3 billion dollars and the movie noone like made 650 million and there is talk of even more movies to come, so theres more then everything then meets the eye , but that your opion. I have offers on books and just sold an issue 10 for 500 and a issue 3 for 300. like the toys transformer vintage stuff will never lose its value just fluxuate