World War Z concept art?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Mister D, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Was done by an artist to land the WWZ gig. Not wholly clear if he did or not, but I know we have WWZ fans here who might get a kick regardless:

World War Z: World War Z Concept Art Rocks The Battle Of Yonkers

BTW: If you didn't know, Max Brooks has a WWZ "sequel" - an anthology of Z outbreaks through history - getting published this summer.

2. Red Frenzy

Red Frenzy Its madness He's 100% RED

I'm interested in how this is going to turn out. I tried to read the book and could not finish it. It didn't really have a solid story structure, it jumps from place to place documenting the different kinds of outbreaks and such but there is no real central character/s to get involved with. I hope this is changed for the film, although I like the idea of showing different outbreaks in other countries.

And for those who have not read this tale or heard of Max Brooks (son of the famous Mel Books) I would recommend reading his other book "The Zombie Survival Guide". A funny and informative read for those who wish to just take it in as a good bit of fiction or for the more paranoid who want to have a solid Zombie Plan for when the dead rise. Actually it would be really great if a character in the movie was seen in possession of the guide and was then promptly devoured.

3. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Movie??? New book???? Whaaaaaaaaat?

4. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Ebay:
    It went back and revisited a couple of the characters a few times, but it was more a telling of what happened, a progression of the zombie outbreak. All the interviews were arranged in roughly chronological order, so you followed the steps from the first bite in China through to Z-Day a decade later, and the cleanup operations afterwards. That was more the sense of character in the book than any actual people.

It could happen... World War Z references the book as an early "amateur" attempt to tell people how to beat the zombie outbreak and what they had to do.

5. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I read about this and if I recall the battle was a loss for the humans. I´m smelling Reign of Fire all over again. Some ******ed Act of Plot that allows for the zombies to defeat a fully mechanized army with air support for the sake of history.

6. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Zombie birds.

7. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Uh? I din´t get that. Are you being sarcastic or that was how the humans lost the battle?