World War Hulk at NYC Comic Con

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Lumpy, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    WWH Panel
    WWH XMEN
    WWH Frontline

I just read the Xmen one, and it may have spoiled something from astonishing Xmen so be careful of potential spoilers.....

EDIT: the end of the panel shows all the tie-in books. HOLY CRAP...marvel is pissing me off with all these tie-ins....fucking hell....GHOST RIDER! HEROES FOR HIRE! i love how this story was supposed to be small scale as far as tie ins....and its up to 35 already....they better not add anymore to....dammit marvel....

i guess at least im already reading some of them, so its nothing extra to buy...GR and antman at least...but gamma Corp as well? and now frontline is a new thing thats gonna be part of every marvel event? man....ugh...

2. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

same here...can't stand all these mini-series tie-ins...wait, almost everything's a mini-series...

and the one picture with Hercules, Scorpion, and Archangel...who's that other chic?

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    First of all, how the hell does Jenkins keep getting work?

Second: Marvel really needs to lay off the big events. We've basically gone straight from Avengers Disassembled into House of M into Decimation into Civil War with Annihilation running alongside it into World War Hulk. Even taking out Disassembled and Decimation as minor, non-miniseries events, that's now four big miniseries events with numerous tie-ins in the space of three years. At least DC is taking time off between Infinite Crisis and whatever this New Gods thing is going to be. If I actually still cared about the Marvel Universe outside of the X-books, I'd be horribly frustrated by this unending chain of super events.

Third: seriously, how the hell does Jenkins keep getting work?

Oh, and that other chick looks like Namorita, OmegaScourge. Blonde hair, pointy ears, little wings on the feet...

4. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i thought Namorita died (and was blue)...in the incident that caused Civil War.

5. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    Its a homage to the original Champions. The blonde woman is Valkarie, I think.

6. Switchblade

News Credits:
    No, she's caucasian, and there's no one else I know of in the Marvel universe who that looks more like than Nita. It's not Valkyrie, she had a sword, no wings on her feet, and pants.

7. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

so....hulk returns june....

YES

-I demand him to BEAT each and every single one who participated in civil war. Cap AND Iron man.
    EDIT
    I just noticed something

spidey back to the original blue and red

8. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, I thought WWH was gonna be MORE of a crossover. I thought the Avengers, Fantastic Four, etc were gonna be involved.

Not that I wanted it to be, but I thought it was gonna be that huge of an event.

9. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

Damnit, and I was so looking forward to this too. Tie-in overkill much???

Hopefully, Pak will keep the story tight and focused, like he did with Planet Hulk. And hopefully, the gajillion tie-ins will actually be OPTIONAL this time ... as opposed to the only things worth reading during the "event".

-XCN-

10. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

*cough52Countdowncough*

But yeah, I'm inclinded to agree. Marvel needs to let us catch our breath. I'll probably read an issue or two in store, but I'm not going to drop any coin on this.

I also don't know why X-Men and Young Avengers need their own mini/one-shot for this. Why not just have whatever tie-in be in the core books?

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I agree Marvel should let the readers have a "mini-break" but on the other hand, its the return of old mean green! And I want to see Hulk to really do some major damage and finally living up to the destructive potential that he has.

12. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Can't wait for this, I love the big crossovers; and when an event like this hits, I love seeing the whole MU feeling the effects.

Seems as though the Hulk is getting revenge on those who shot him into space, which explains the X-Men tie in.

I'm very disappointed to see the Avengers and the Fantastic Four aren't tied in. How can the Hulk "Take Manhattan" without of the big teams trying to stop him?

13. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Looking forward to this. It is kind of interesting though to see Ghost Rider having a tie in to this. He's certainly not the first character I would think of that would be involved.

14. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh man, I forgot to mention...anyone noticed the advertisement for Planet Hulk? It showed a number of KO heros such as Dr. Strange, Black Bolt, Thing etc! Man...I hope WWH lives up to expectations!

Actually, its not totally unexpected for the "pro-registration" group to win the war. I've been expecting this outcome since the Hulk was shot off into space. If they (pro-registration" team) had won, there won't be any moral grounds for the Hulk to attack the earth.

15. Switchblade

News Credits:
    Are at least entirely self-contained events that don't have tie-ins with 75% of the regular titles that DC is publishing (well, 52 doesn't. I don't think Countdown will, but it hasn't started yet, so there's no way to know for sure).

16. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

its Namora, Namor's cousin and the woman Namorita was cloned from. she was resurrected in agents of atlas

17. JD

JD Well-Known Member

I wonder who'd win in a fight between Rockslide and Korg?

18. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Welcome back to the 90s...hope comics survive the experience.

19. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    they could always add more later...and i bet those 2 teams will be more active in the actual WWH book, so they wont need a tie in....i'm stil bummed there are so many, but ill still read them all, and only buy the ones that really have a good story and tie-in aspect to them....

one thing i do sorta like is the inclusion of frontline (which apparently marvel will do with ever big event) i like seeing this stuff from that perspective....