World War Hulk #5

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Primeconvoy1, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

Pretty sure that this is the reason Hulk was shot off. It kept Civil War from swinging too heavily in either direction. It's unlikely that Banner would register (even though many know his identity) and if he did, Hulk isn't playing by the rules.

As for the son, didn't the What If? Planet Hulk show that Hulk's wife could draw energy from the planet? Couple that with Hulk's healing factor and there you go.

2. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Is't quite possible that Stark shot Hulk in space because of the up coming CW,after all he likes to talk about planning for the future.

And in a issue of Wolverine,Nitro said something about taking out the New Warriors being a job.

Stark payies off Titanium man to help his cause with a fake hit on himself.

Bigger question is how long till Skaar comes to earth looking for dear old dad,and what happens when they meet.

3. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Oh yeah definitely, that was the reason that TPTB at marvel decided to shoot him into space, but reasoning in the Marvel universe just wasn't there.

Wreckgar gave a good reason, but still it was a rather weak one.

This is if you believe Stark planned out Civil War. If he were a skrull then yeah I'd believe it, but Stark wouldn't kill kids.

Nitro saying taking the NW out was a job doesn't equal planning civil war.

I think Marvel did need to remove the Hulk for Civil War, but Civil War had nothing with the Hulk's removable in the MU.

4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    So long as they don't pull a "Wolverine: Origins" and have Skaar looking for daddy hulk, trying to kill Hulk and be emo all the way, then we will have an interesting storyline. Unlike Daken, I have a feeling Skaar will last for a long time.

5. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just got it.

this is the way an event series should be done. even with much changes done to the character, the core value of hulk was still retained; in the end, the hulk just wanted to be left alone. the fact that it ended spectacularly helped too.

a totally satisfying ending to a much awaited, built up story arc, kudos all around.

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Glad you enjoyed it, dude...there were some posters on a renowned comics forum who kept insisting that the Hulk would kill Reed and Co. - something long time comic fans know the Hulk won't do intentionally. Me thinks it was a win-win situation for all sides.

7. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

Marvel wouldn't do that. 4 of their top characters. Never gonna happen. Even Cap will be back eventually. It'll probably be the Super Soldier Serum bringing him back like the Green Goblin Serum brought back Norman Osborn.

8. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I was just able to pick it up also.

I felt like it was done about as well as could be expected within the limitations of 'comic book rules.' And I loved Romita's artwork. LOVED it.

9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    The only thing I didn't like was that it looked like Romita was forced to rush some panels in order to beat the extended deadline(maybe he was working on other unannounced projects simultaneously). Reference the panels with Hulk vs Sentry and the yellow energy blasts.

Good ending. If Skaar is brought into play I hope he is significant and not a one time"holy crap new guy who is related to teh daddy but we must kill off for teh sake of remaking teh status qu0 ftw".

Glad to see Sentry clocked in the face by Bruce. It was a good mini series with a good ending, unlike some of the bigger, recent marvel storylines.

10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's what I mentioned also. Besides being a long time Hulk fan, it would be so out of character of the Hulk to kill his former allies intentionally.

Yeah, I too hope that Skaar with be established as a character in the long run and not as a "gimmick" character.

11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I believe the story of Skaar, or at least a large portion of it, will be on his home planet of Sakaar, which means it should be good just by NOT interracting with the normal Marvel characters on Earth. Sure it'll be interesting to see what DOES happen when he eventually ends up there, but I hope it won't be for awhile. Let him become an established character on his own first.

Personally I've been hoping for a "son of Hulk" character since the death of Bruce/Hulk's first child with Betty. I'd always hoped that it didn't really die, and that it was removed, grown, and then taught to hate his father and trained to fight him. Then the Peter David novel with Hulk's son in it only whet my appetite for more, so I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am that Hulk finally has a surviving child to call his own!:thumb 

Anyway, here's hoping Marvel doesn't screw this up, I'm counting on them now.:rock 

12. Primeconvoy1

Primeconvoy1 Cybertronian Broker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, I remember when Marvel (not Peter David) wrote that story. They had Betty miscarriage, because they didn't want the Hulk character to be a father. Peter David wasn't too happy about that.
    It had such potential. The Leader knew Betty was pregnant, and I was hoping that he had made everyone believe that the baby was lost. He could have raised the baby, and bring the character into a future story to confront the Hulk.

I read the novel too. Banner doesn't have any luck with kids in the novel either.

So , I'm hoping Marvel allows the Skaar character to develop for a bit before facing his old man. Should be fun if they do it right.