World War Hulk #5

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Primeconvoy1, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Primeconvoy1

Primeconvoy1 Cybertronian Broker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Awesome throwdown between Hulk and Sentry. The outcome of the fight was probably the only one that would be worthy of both characters, and I was satisfied with it:

SPOILERS

Sentry exerts what appears to be all of his energy and reverts back to Robert Reynolds as Hulk reverts back to Banner. Banner clocks him knocking Reynolds out. :) 
    Sentry appeared to be losing it as he went all out on the Hulk, and the Hulk and his Warbound made some good points who was the real "Breaker of Worlds".
    Also, it's finally revealed that Miek is responsible for the warp core explosion to keep Hulk from starting a new world back on Sakaar at the end of Planet Hulk. Miek wanted everybody dead for what happened to his people.
    After Bruce changed back to Banner, Miek wanted the Hulk back to continue fighting, and attempted to kill Banner with a spear. Rick Jones being Rick knocks Banner out of the way and get stabbed himself. Banners changes back and pounds the crap out of Miek. That's when he reveals himself about the warp core.
    With the revelation, Hulk seems out of control with some of Sentry's residing energy! Hulk basically tells Stark to take him out with some satellite blast which blasts him back into comatose Banner.
    There's more with SHIELD carting Banner off and keeping him in an underground base. How this adds up to the new Red Hulk series, I'm not sure.
    There's a final epilogue with a shot of the surface of Sakaar with a new character rising from the surface. I'll leave out who it is, but I think most can guess.
    WWH was lots of fun! I'm looking forward to the new ongoing Hulk series!

2. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    looking fwd to this, glad it doesnt dissapoints despite the inevitable.

3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Wasn't bad, better ending than most of the recent crossover arcs. How they handle the title after losing banner in both will be the key as to weather I lose interest or not. I was distracted by that stupid survey in the middle of the issue.

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My issue had no survey. :)  And Miek didn't plant the bomb. The Red King's people planted the bomb. Miek saw them plant it but decided not to tell anyone about it or stop it. So he was partly at fault for it I guess. Nevertheless this issue was a good slobberknocker and it was cool seeing the emergence of Skaar, the son of Hulk.<Spoiler.

5. Primeconvoy1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    You are correct about the Red King's people planting an old warp core on the shuttle. Went back and reread the flashback panels. Still, Miek is a jerk for allowing it to happen! :D 

6. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

I called it a few months ago, that Miek was responsible for the explosion

7. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I was really looking forward to this series. Sadly, I feel rather empty and disappointed with it. :( 

And do they have to describe Sentry as an "agoraphobic schitzofrentic" in every panel he's in?

8. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice ending as the Hulk starts to lose control and tells the heroes that he'll hate them forever. I just don't know if the title will survive with Herc taking over as he kills most books he's headlined in.

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMO it was a decent ending as in it tries to satisfy both Hulk and Anti-Hulk fans.

i) Hulk proves that he's no killer - he actually decides not to kill the Reed & Co;
    ii) Held his ground against the Sentry; and
    iii) The Marvel Universe is still pro-reg

10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not even going to ask how that could be possible.

Wait, huh?

I can't believe I hafta wait until Saturday before I can get to the comic shop*sigh*

11. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

The book will only have to survive till summer since the movie is coming out. I knew it was gonna end like this, but I think its just another one of Marvel's massively hyped events that once again fails to deliver any real lasting effects. Hulk will be back, and book will have meant squat.

12. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah, I get what you mean but IMO at the current power levels, Marvel has no "choice" to have him locked up...I mean the dude took down most the Marvel Universe.

13. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Of course, though I'm sure whenever he escaped he'll be a much less powerful Hulk.

Looking back how Marvel made the Hulk so powerful was a long story with Planet Hulk, but there really wasn't any story behind shooting him into space.

Its like Marvel people said one morning, 'Lets just shoot the hulk into space without any real reason or critical event to warrant it.'

14. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Well they pretty much based the entire thing off the events of a few issues of FF where the Hulk was exposed to a second gamma bomb and turned Gray to fight the Thing. It was pretty weak.

Now there are spoilers here so stop reading unless you want to know.

As for the branching title, how the hell does his son survive? The queen never gave birth, the planet exploded, and yet the son arises from the ground. What the Hell?

15. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    I think if any kid is gonna crawl his way from a dead woman's partially disintegrated corpse, it's the Hulk's!

Loved the whole frickin' issue!

16. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

and the son of Hulk is like a teenager.......

17. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    They grow up so fast...

18. Primeconvoy1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    The Hulk's healing factor probably plays into the survival of his son, right down to the cellular level. Just remember how the planet Sakaar reacted when Hulk bled on it. Life grew out of it after his blood touched the surface.
    So, assuming there were only a few cells remaining from Caiera's fetus, it was enough to regenerate Skaar from the planet. This is only speculation of course. :D 
    As to why he is full grown, I'll get back to you. :) 

19. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i know....Hulk aint the daddy.

That whore....claiming its his just for the child support...lol

20. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Dude, IMO Marvel had to shoot the Hulk off into space because other than Thor (who was still MIA), whoever had the Hulk is most likely to win CW.

Can anyone clarify or have any knowledge that the Hulk's intended absence from CW was intended?