World of Heroes: A super hero RP (sign up thread)

Discussion in 'RPG and Games Forum' started by Necromaster, Dec 9, 2016.

1. TFan2013

TFan2013 Energon Seeker

Am also claiming Shazam the Wizard. Bio will be up with the others soon.

2. Devaron9

Devaron9 Token Falchion Wielding Welshy

Gonna be claiming an OC of mine called Silverwind as an antihero.

3. combaticonsfrvr

combaticonsfrvr Lusus Naturae

Claiming Sentry, Daken, Brainiac, Punisher, and the Wrecker

4. megatronski

megatronski Flamewar's strongest soldier

News Credits:
    (no characters)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  5. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    Unless anyone is going to dispute the claim, I'm going to transfer Iron Man over to Ømnidrive.

EDIT: Also transferring Dr. Fate over to TFan2013.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  6. Necromaster

News Credits:
    Finally added a complete character list with the assistance of @Devaron9. Thanks for the help Dev!

7. Olymprix

Olymprix Moonwalkin' on the Ceiling

News Credits:
    I'm not going to be around much for the next week and a half (though I'll still be able to check in most days). So if my characters are urgently needed for any posts, Dev can use Red Robin, Necro can use Thomas Wayne, and Ranger can use Spidey.

Also, I need to add two things to my bios: guns as part of Thomas Wayne's equipment, and a wrist-mounted computer as part of Red Robin's equipment.

8. Necromaster

News Credits:
    Claiming Martian Manhunter.

9. TFan2013

TFan2013 Energon Seeker

And any chocos in the rpg. :p 

Am also claiming Billy (Shazam's) uncle as a character. He's neutral civillian so don't know where that fits on the list.

10. Necromaster

News Credits:
    Just put him under "Unaffiliated," I guess.

11. TFan2013

TFan2013 Energon Seeker

ok thanks

12. Devaron9

I'll be claiming Atrocitus as a villain

13. TFan2013

TFan2013 Energon Seeker

Dibs on the villain Clayface

14. fafireguy

fafireguy Leader

Thanks to others begging me, I will be adding Bruce Wayne Batman to my list of heroes.

15. Nemesis Scar

Nemesis Scar Behind Blue Eyes

Tumblr:
    Bit of an in-universe perspective on these.
    Name: Shang Chi
    Appearance: He looks just like Bruce Lee, not even joking. Yellow tracksuit and all. It's uncanny. Maybe the closer you get to wushu mastery, the more you dress and look like The Dragon, who knows?
    Alignment: Hero
    Bio: The son of some immortal Chinese sorcerer, Shang Chi was raised from birth to be the perfect killer for said sorcerer and his secret society, the Si Fan. Too bad they forgot the brainwashing! Better luck next time, whats-his-name! As of this writing, Shang Chi works in the oh-so dignified role of floor sweeper at Wu's Fish Market in New York's Chinatown.

This is the least of his problems, however - he just so happen to share a apartment with literally the worst person for somebody of his tight-ass and angry disposition to share any form of space with. The heir to Kunlunquan, Danny Rand, is the complete opposite of Shang Chi in personality- and it annoys Shang Chi greatly. However, when New York is threatened, rest assured that some guy who is really, really good at kung fu is there - and that the Iron Fist is backing him up.

Ability: I think the title of "Master of Kung Fu" is rather obvious. Oh, you want to know more. Make my life harder for me, why dontcha? Well, Shang Chi is a master of both external and internal styles of wushu - making him pretty much the closest to peak you're getting unless you somehow revived Professor Abraham Erskine. Peak physical ability isn't everything, though. What about technique and discipline?

Shang Chi's fighting style primarily draws on elements of Sanshou training - you're going to see a lot of striking from him. Not so much with grappling, though. In addition, he's a dab hand with nunchaku - and these aren't the nunchucks you see for show, that fidget spinner-tier stuff. These are the real deal - skull-cracking, bone-snapping, honest-to-god nunchucks. In short: if you've pissed off Shang Chi and you're not a super, best practice is to pray for deliverance.

Alias: The Immortal Iron Fist
    Name: Daniel "Danny" Rand
    Alignment: Hero
    Appearance:[​IMG]

Bio: This kid makes me laugh. All the shit he's been through and he's still smiling like he just ate the most disgustingly unhealthy pizza you could imagine. But then again, kid knows how to control himself. Iron Fist in a word? Calm. Effortless works too. If there's a hint of any genuine, prolonged wrath in the kid, I have to yet find it. Probably buried beneath the surfer koans somewhere.

Where to start? Orphaned at the age of 9 by a corporate snake called Meachum, taken into a secluded city of immortal martial artists to train with them, tearing out the heart of an undying (I suppose that's a little bit of a misnomer, da) dragon, and that's before he came back to the Big Apple! That's enough action for a normal man's - no, a superhero's lifetime!

Anyhow, Danny Boy can seem a bit of a slob at first - but there's a subtle method to the kid's madness, I swear. Those pizza boxes disappear before any of the maids get their hands on them, as do the ramen noodles. Of course, this doesn't exactly sit well with his roomie, but I'm sure they'll eventually come to an understanding. Hopefully. The Wrecking Crew ain't cheap for some two-bit landlord, not in this economy, no sirree.

Abilities: Kunlunquan is pretty interesting, and I say this as a relative outsider. From I've gleaned from our talks, it focuses on using Qi - the nondescript vital energies of the body - in tandem with striking and grappling. Mostly, it focuses on enhancing the user's own body- Danny's body under the influence of Qi is comparable to what Shang Chi has after years of training, for example.

Remember the "undying" dragon I mentioned earlier? His heart somehow conferred his limitless Qi onto Danny, and it exists separately in his body from his own Qi. He can call this forth to enhance himself further - causing him to burn like a tiki torch in the process - and perform the eponymous Iron Fist technique. To describe the Iron Fist's strength in short: imagine a bag of sledgehammers falling on you from the stratosphere, after the Big Blue Boy Scout gave it a half-hearted toss. Yeah, that bad.

All that power comes at a price, though. Humans simply weren't meant to channel undying Dragon Qi, go figure. Danny's learned to vent the excess Qi called forth from every Iron Fist strike as searing heat, but it also requires a tremendous amount of calories to actually perform consistently. However, if The Fist works - and if it hits - hoo mama. Say your prayers, boy.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  16. Olymprix

News Credits:
    I'm back from vacation. What've I missed?

17. Devaron9

Red Dawn, doppelgangers invading Mount Justice. You know, just the normal boring stuff.

18. Olymprix

News Credits:
    Red Dawn? Maybe I should claim Steve Rogers to clean up those dirty commies...

Assuming, of course, that you're talking Red Dawn like the movie about Soviet invasion of the US.

19. Devaron9

Red Lantern arc, first one of DC Green Lanterns Rebirth

20. Devaron9

Claiming Ares, god of War.