Workman's Comp, W00T

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aaron, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    So I managed to feck up my foot Friday at 3:30 in the afternoon. I was walking ditches looking for storm drains, managed to break through the ice I thought was much thinner, and pulled or bruised something. Didn't think much of it, went for the "Walk it off" school of medicine. Figured it'd get better over the weekend.

Come Monday it's still sore as can be, though I'm fine if I don't put much weight on the outside of my foot. I work through the day, and in the evening the boss boss sees me limping, and I tell him about Friday. He lets me know in no uncertain terms that if Tuesday (today) I show up hurt I'm going to Urgent Care.

Today I show up my normal 10 minutes early, and the boss boss is there already. The bosses never show up early, so I know that something's up. He sees me coming in the front door and asks about the foot. I tell the truth, "It's fine, just sore." He replies with "Well you're either going home without pay, or going to Arnett (local Urgent Care place) and getting paid." I make the easy decision.

Three X-rays and a total of 3 minutes of Doctor time out of 3 hours at Arnett to be told the same thing I was doing. Compression and try not to hurt it worse. It's just a moderate sprain with minor swelling. There's a cream I can use to reduce the already minor swelling, or a very low dose of pain killer that I can do with the ibu I already have on hand.

Yay for employers trying to cover their asses, and making me lose half a day of productive time. At least I didn't have to pay for the X-rays.

2. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Think that sucks? I just found out today that my shift differential pay on my check stub for the month doesn't even equal HALF of what I really earned for this month!

3. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

How does that happen?

4. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Someone screwed with us, plain and simple. I refuse to believe it was just a mistake... and since I really didn't pay much attention to my check stubs at the end of the month, there's no telling how long this has been going on...

5. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

Is there any chacne that it will get fixed?

6. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    For the update...

Just spent 20 minutes on the phone with my "claims assistant" with the company's insurance group. They wanted more information as to how the "supposed accident" happened, and why I went to urgent care in the first place. I'll be getting an itemized statement for my cellphone bill and circling the 20 minute call for the accountant to re-imburse me for since I'm the ONLY person without a company cell.