Working the Dinobots into Transformers 3

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by cnic, Apr 19, 2009.

1. cnic

cnic Decepticon

This is something I have been pondering since the discussion of not being able to work the Dinobots into the movies so far.What if they showed Optimus telling Sam or some of the Autobots in a flash back seen about how they came to Earth back in the days of the dinosaurs looking for the Allspark and could maybe have had the battling the Predacons in the flashback.They could have been trapped in a volcano eruption and been lying dormant ever since; kind of like Megs.This would have been bad ass to see in ROTF as the Autobots could have went searching for them to combat Devs and could explain how they were formatted into Dinosaurs.Again it's just something I have been thinking about and wanted to share.

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    If you have to work them in, then you've spent too much of the story on them.

3. cnic

cnic Decepticon

True but obviously we will have The Fallen and the whole sun harvester thing worked into ROTF. Like I said before it was just an idea.

4. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I hope to see absolutely no Dinobots in any live action movie-verse.

Sorry :( 

That's still speculation at this point... the sun harvester part.

5. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But the Fallen and his plan is the central part of the movie. I don't want to see the Dinobots as the central part of a TF3.

6. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Brett Ratner, I choose you!!!!!!!!!!!! *throws master ball*

7. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Knowing Michael Bay's story-telling, they'd probably appear from inside an explosion.

8. cnic

cnic Decepticon

lmao @ that!

9. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Dinobots transform from a battle trailer!! It's so easy! Trailer turns into a group of Cybertronian Dinosaurs, consisting of a T-Rex, Triceratops, Stegosaurus, Pterodactyl and Brontosaurus.

10. Brutus

Brutus Autobot

I think the best way to work the Dinobots into TF3 would be to use the Shockwave coming to Earth story idea. Shockwave gathers up the remaining decepticons on Cybertron or elsewhere in the galaxy and comes to Earth to strip it of resources to rebuild cybertron and overthrow Megatron. The Dinobots, led by Grimlock, are on his tail to stop him. The Dinobots would have to be vehicles and be "Dynobots" as they were in the IDW line.

Bottom line, the Dinobots being dinosaurs isn't important, it's their personalities thats important. Grimlock could be an angry hot dog stand and it wouldn't matter as long as he IS Grimlock.

*Note: I exaggerated. But, my point stands.

11. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I think I've heard Grimlock as a monster truck.

Hell, why can't Grimlock and co. crash land in a museum after-hours and scan the bones/pictures/recreations of ancient dinosaurs? :D  Little story required and they could get away with it. After all, we've never seen how Skorponok acquired his form (if he even acquired it in the first place), so they could really handle it however they wanted to with the Dinobots scanning dinosaurs.

12. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

I suppose as Autobots are scattered over the cosmos they could come to Earth from a planet inhabited by dinosaur like creatures that they've scanned. Its not like the Dinobots would give a toss about blending in and there's nothing clandestine about a huge metal dinosaur anyway.

The only problem with the whole coming to Earth to find the allspark thing is that the allspark came to Earth 10,000 years ago and Dinosaurs died out 65million years ago.

I see only problems including Dinobots in the movieverse but it could be done. I suppose Ravage doesnt care about not resembling an earth creature too closely so the Dinobots could follow that suit maybe.

The Monster trucks is an idea. What if the they combined to form Truckasaurus. With Marlon Brando as the voice of Tony Truckasaurus.
    "Me Grimlock dont know whether to kiss you or eat you!"

13. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Maybe the Dinobots came to earth before the allspark arrived,chasing after a one eyed Decepticon.

14. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    IDW'd!

15. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cameos is the only place I'd want to see more fan-wank. If a character that isn't integral to the plot or the general story has to be worked in, then that character doesn't need to be there. As much as I'd like to see Shockwave and the Dinobots in a live action setting, I hope they don't make it to this trilogy.

Maybe afterwards, like with the "XMen Origins: Wolverine" movie. But then again, Logan was an established main character in that series. A spin-off featuring Bumblebee would be more realistic.

16. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe the Dinobots could be introduced as some of the earlier Transformers, and while on Earth before the Fallen, erm, fell from grace, they took up a rural lifestyle becoming one with the animals that lived alongside them. Grimlock would be like a long haired angry hippie.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    But that's the central plot of the movie. I would prefer we not have a movie with the main focus on the Dinobots. However...

...these would be the ideal circumstances for their introduction.

18. PredaconX

PredaconX Decepticon Combiner

I def think it would be a cool addition to have the dinobots worked into the plot. I wouldnt wanna see them as the central figures in the movie but i would like to see how the originated on earth and then have them there to aid in battling Megatron. I really dont think Bay would have to work in that much back story in order to complete this. But i guess well just have to wait and see what TF3 brings us.

19. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just make 'em CYBERTRUNIAN JETZ

Now seriously, I'd like something akin to TFA Spittor for 'em, cybertronian vehicles that resemble animals, like this for Grimlock:
    [​IMG]

20. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Dinobots as vehciles or anything like that: As long as Grimlock has the Grimlock personality, I'd be happy

Dinobots as Dino's: Well, the only way that would work is some sorta freak alsparky bay explosion accident. >.>