Customs: Working on a theme: Laserbeak

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by crosscharge, Dec 20, 2008.

1. crosscharge

crosscharge Classics tinkerer

Ebay:
    Hey everyone,

With my Arcee nearing being finished (painted, detailed, and curing), Im brainstorming on my next project (even though I have a small pile in waiting.) I had a treadbolt out to just repaint into some black and reds and an idea popped into my head. To fit in with my other Cassettebots updated, do you think this mold could pull off a decent Laserbeak? I switched the legs around to give them the reverse bend. I would remove the front landing gear, and at least the hands. Maybe add a bit more of a beak that would fit inside the folding nose cone.

[ATT]19382[/ATT]

Anyway, Do you guys think it would work? Or a better mold idea? I had looked at The D.I.C.E. bike that Conundrum turned into swoop, but didnt dig the alt mode. Thanks for all the help you guys have given, and thanks in advance for any help here.

Attached Files:

• lb1.jpg
      lb1.jpg
      File size:
      226.1 KB
      Views:
  2. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Will you mod it any further?

3. crosscharge

crosscharge Classics tinkerer

Ebay:
    Probably, What I listed in the opening statement was only initial ideas. I would also look into some skinnier lower legs, feet a bit more claw like. Any ideas in that department would be greatly apprciated.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I love themes! They're really a lot of fun to work on. That being said, here's some advice (take it or leave it):

• Make all members of the theme from the same aesthetic. It unifies the theme a lot more (unless your theme is say one figure from each generation).
    • Consider scale. The more they are able to interact with each other well often times is the more fun the whole finished project continues to be.
    • For most themes, plan on spending a good chunk of time on the whole project. That being said . . .
    • Be sure to break up your work in small chunks, such as one figure at a time.

I hope that helps! Keep up the good work :thumb 

5. David

David . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits: