2D Artwork: Work-in-progress: Cybertron Thundercracker

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Cheebs, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Well, it's been years since I've drawn anything, so I thought cartoon robots might be a good place to start sharpening what's left of my skills. :)  Here's the pencil lines for Cybertron Thundercracker. I took some liberties with the shape and proportions, but I still think it looks like him. I don't think I'm going to go the traditional ink/color route with this one since I'm not even close to being in the league of what most of you guys can do...so I'll try to take the shading and coloring of this guy a different route.

Anyway, it feels good to get the outline done. On to details and such. I'll post more as I do it.

[​IMG]

2. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

Pretty decent actually. I wouldn't say it's terrible. Mainly the thing that needs to worked out are perspective and posing issues and keeping the lines a bit straighter. Asides from that, detail is good and I think that you captured Thundercracker quite nicely.

3. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I like it. No problemsa DigitalInking in Illustrtor couldn't solve. I would like to see a thick outline on this with a light internal line.

I can't drawastraight line to save my life so I always straighten out the lines afterwards.

4. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thats really good! I like it!

5. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    OK, I wasn't going to do the ink/color thing, but I decided to give it a shot. Here's my first ever attempt at Illustrator digi-inking.

note: My computer with the FTP program is fried for now, so I'm going to have to attach this to the board.

[​IMG]

6. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    I like how you over emphasized his scrawny legs :D 

7. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, I was thinking of "enhancements" over the toy and I guess I went a bit far on the legs. :) 

And after penciling and inking one (underdetailed) character, I can't even begin to imagine what it takes to draw, ink, and color a whole comic book. I have new respect for anybody who does that.

8. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I have to say that is a very good job of digi-inking. It does the picture justice.

I would say for someone who hasn't drawn in a while to draw and ink this picture, your onto something. Practice and repetition is all you probably need.

I think these lines are worthy of some colors... I would love to see what someone could do with it.

(and I agree with the legs... I think they look good compared to Thundercrackers toy design weenie legs he has)

GOOD JOB! [​IMG]

9. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    yeah

fantastic job for a "first-venture-after-a-good-amount-of-time" deal

*thumbs up*

10. cromagnus

cromagnus B-boy rumble

The inks really came out well! I like the oversized legs too. nice work, Doesn't look rusty to me.
    -amitabah :dj 

11. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

We all have to start(again) somewhere. A poop load better than I could ever do. Look forward to seeing some more pix by you Cheebs. :rock