Words cannot describe the disappointment...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DecepticonsRule, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Words cannot describe the disappointment... *SPOILERS*

So I just got back from DOTM, and honestly, I don't know what to say...

Not only was this not the epic finale I was expecting, it was not a movie I would ever enjoy.
    I'm going to try and surmise my feelings on the film without ranting too much, since I'm tired and rather put out right now.

The story was very rushed, and at some parts, very forced. Even though it was a 2 1/2 hour long movie, it felt like they were cramming everything in to try and finish it on time. I felt like I didn't have time to absorb any of the importance of the scenes before the filmed jumped to the next sequence.
    The human characters weren't so bad. Sam was really annoying I found... I actually thought he was a little bitchy. Mearing was great, I really enjoyed her. Rosie I didn't think was too bad either.
    The majority of the robots were very cardboard. Honestly I feel like they were characterized the LEAST in this film (out of the entire trilogy). More than ever I felt like they were plot devices, rather than characters. Sentinel Prime felt like a very forced character, with weak and unexplained motivations. Megatron was even more of a bitch than he was in ROTF. The Wreckers were... odd. Not as kick-ass as I expected, and I feel like they were just filling in a stereotype gap left by the Twins. Shockwave I didn't feel really did ANYTHING, so I don't have anything to say on him, and I don't understand why people are saying he's so awesome. I don't know what to say about Q or Dino either. I felt bad when Q died, but he didn't do much up to that point any way.
    The character deaths got me the most. Ironhide was completely forgotten, and Starscream had a very, VERY weak sendoff if you ask me. Megatron had a little battle before he died, and even then, it didn't feel like a good ending for him. The deaths were very poorly done.
    The score was weak and forgettable. I don't know why, but Jablonsky was not up to his usual standard whatsoever.

There were some things I enjoyed. I liked that the movie had a darker atmosphere to it, although I do feel a lot of this was lost due to the fast pace of the film. We didn't have time to anticipate or feel the fear and desperation the world was facing. The Dreads were cool, and should've gotten more screen time (also again, not enough build-up for them). I liked Brains and Wheelie, Laserbeak I loved. He was scary and creepy, and really played his part well.

I know pretty much everyone loved this movie, and I understand and appreciate that. I'm glad other people enjoyed it. But if you're only going to read this, and post about how wrong I am, and how small-minded I am, save it for someone who cares. I'm just hoping I'm not alone in thinking Dark of the Moon was an awful way to supposedly end the trilogy.

2. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

We already got a topic for this, bro. While your opinion is always welcome, keep it where it belongs.

3. Optibot

Optibot The boss

ur sooo wrong and small-minded and ur opinion doesnt count cause everyone else liked it and u didnt hahah jk jk and idk what to think im seeing the movie on sunday cause i was on vacation and couldnt get tickets and so thats when my friends scheduled it but my hopes were very high fell quite a bit then got back up and now i feel like dotm wont be as bad ass as i expected but still be awsome

4. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Every individual review doesnt need its own thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.