Woot! Finally!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Insane Galvatron, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Internet dating is weird. So far, every single girl I've met online has either been crazy, or just not at all my type. I spent this past weekend in Cincinnati where I met the first one that was normal. Not just that, but we got along great. So the good news is that for the first time in two years, I have a girlfriend. The bad news is that she lives in Pennsylvania. For those that have done the long distance thing before, what do you do now?

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You don't.

Long distance rarely ever works out.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Break it off now before you get hurt.

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tried it before, failed at it miserably. Some people can keep it up, but it can be really strenuous. If either of you have some nice disposable income and can have regular visits, then it makes things easier.

5. honestgabe

honestgabe I

You met someone once and shes your girlfriend?

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I've got about a 10 mile radius on who i'd date. I wouldn't have bothered with the net. You should try church functions.

7. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    lol at the instantaneous NO!!

8. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    KSA and I have been dating for over a year now and she's in Virginia and Im in New Hampshire. We on average see each other every 3 to 4 months, but we talk to each other every day via phone, email or IM. In some respects it's been easier because we've been forced to talk to each other and not at each other. At the same time, when we found each other, neither of us were looking for love and we were just two of several people chatting in the shoutbox (RIP) and then on MSN. We got to know each other fairly well before the relationship became romantic, so we both knew that a long distance romantic relationship could definately work out.

It also helped that prior to our dating, KSA had decided that she was going to move back to New England, specifically somewhere in either southern NH or northern Mass.

9. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It CAN work out, just because others have had failures doesn't mean you should throw in the towel, but that's just me. Just consider how much you like her, try to get to know her as good as you can, and evaluate if it's worth all the trouble from there

10. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Ill be honest I used to have a long distance relationship after a year, we both simply said"This isn't gonna work" we still to this day are pretty good friends....

but seriously I would give it a serious try for a while, if it doesn't work then it doesn't if it does just go on and do .

I mean honestly there is no lines nor path to follow you make your own.

11. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Well, we've been chatting and talking on the phone for about 3 months now. Didn't want to consider her a girlfriend until we met in person to see how we got along. In the past, I've gotten along great with girls online and onphone, but then had no chemistry in person. Now that we've had a weekend together, I'm confident enough to make it "official" so to speak.

I agree with everyone here that it would never work for long term. We've already discussed it in the past. If things work out, she'd be willing to move here. We've even already decided that the move would have to happen in less than a year. If she's still not sure enough by then, it's time to end it. If a long distance relationship goes on indefinitely, it won't work. You've gotta have a date to look forward to for it to become short distance.

12. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Long distance tends to be difficult, but at least you're in the same country. I have no idea just how far away Lexington and Pennsylvania are though. If you've only met her once perhaps be a bit cautious as you have already noted that people from the internet tend to be a bit strange...

Also does she have a nice rack? That's very important.

13. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah, I'm a busy man. Kelly needs to move closer to me if she wants to have a shot.

Seriously, though, 10 miles sounds about right, although that might change depending on where I live. I'd probably say more like 10 to 25 minutes away would be my standard
    Would you ever be willing to move there?

14. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Nope. My daughter lives here and I wouldn't want to move that far away from her. This girl knows that and is fine with it. It's why she said she would move here.

15. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I can totally respect that, and it's cool she understands it.

Still, the LD thing is pretty damn tough. I thought foster was onto something with his distance rule, but I think his church suggestion is a pretty good one for you also. I don't go, but it seems like the folks I do know that go are always talking about getting set up and meeting people. Plus, I know your faith is important to you, so that box would be checked off with anyone you met at church.

16. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    knowing some ppl whove actually end up in marriage after internet relationship, its a definite possibility. y'all haters are noobs. especially onesuck, pfft.

yoo can doo eet

just remember IG when in doubt, WWJD?

17. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Yeah, but the problem is that my church is small and has very few if any single women. About my only choices are a 49 year old single lady ( who actually looks pretty good for her age ) and a 19 year old college student. As tempting as the college girl is, the age difference really is too much. We're in different stages of life. Oh, I'm 29 in case you wondered.

18. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

long distance things can definitely work. it makes anticipation of seeing the other person that much greater. I've dated someone in arizona before (me being in MA) and started talking to someone in australia, who was absolutely awesome (she was a car nut) but ended that when we were just like "we're really never going to see each other."

19. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I did the long distance thing with my wife, so it can work. But to be honest, success is pretty rare. We actually dated on two different occasions, and were broken up for about two years between them. When we started dating again, I was living in Georgia and she was living in Indiana, and I drove up to visit her twice a month. So, even though it was long distance, we had face-to-face contact approximately 7 days a month. After six months of that, I moved to Indiana permanently. It worked out for me, because I made the effort to make regular visits and made sure the long distance thing was only a short term setback with a defined end. I would not suggest getting your hopes up about it though. Not trying to be rude or a jerk or anything, just wanting to be realistic and save some heartache down the road.

20. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

I've never net dated, but I traversed the planet for a while with the Army... and can attest to long-distance relationships working out OK in some cases. It's a crap shoot - but if you think it's worth it - go for it.