Wondering, which would you rather go for (if you were in my shoes)?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by PropaneProphet, Sep 21, 2009.

1. PropaneProphet

PropaneProphet Well-Known Member

Alright I'll make this as short as possible. I recently started collecting again (I started in Armada and stopped after Energon, picked up with ROTF again). I decided to limit myself to movie-only (surviving) Autobots. I think is a tad silly of me but I can't decide which version to get of Ratchet (Rescue or Original).

The only reason I'm considering the white one is for balance. Is this:
    Arcee - Pink/Red
    Optimus -Red (Blue but yeah)
    Mudflap - Orange
    Bumblebee - Yellow
    Skids - Green
    Chromia - Blue
    Jolt - Indigo
    Flareup/Elita-1 - Purple/Violet

Ironhide - Black
    Sideswipe - Silver/Gray

But other than that, the rest of the movie figures are of the same, and I think I feel I should keep Ratchet as Green/Yellow to keep in keeping them to the movie feel.
    What do you think?

2. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    Personally I really love the paint scheme of the Rescue Ratchet, but it all comes down to whether you enjoy G1 homages or rather stick to the new movie designs. I sorta think the color's of movie ratchet looks like a mixture of puke :wink: 

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    id go with the Desert Tracker ratchet (green )

4. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    I'd buy the Green Ratchet. White and red works good for the Universe 2.0 figure, but in my opinion it make Movie Ratchet look like a candystriper.

5. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    Go with green. I think Desert Tracker Ratchet is actually seriously lacking in the paint department, but the overall color scheme is nice and pretty unique. If you really want a stand-out movie Ratchet, check out the Best Buy exclusive one in the "metallic" paint deco. He's expensive and hard to find nowadays, but looks great.

6. PropaneProphet

Does anyone happen to have a picture of the Bust Buy version? I was one on transformers wikia but other than that, I don't think I see it well enough.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    wait for the deluxe. I'm missing a ratchet, I'm waiting for the deluxe.

8. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
  9. PropaneProphet

That doesnt look to different

10. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Rescue Ratchet looks nice in person but doesn't show up in pictures. The only difference is a slight metallic sheen but it's the kind of paint job you'd expect on a real car.

11. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Try this:
    Premium Ratchet (Best Buy) - Transformers (2007) - Toy Gallery - Photos 1 - 25

It really looks a whole lot better than the original. Also, the white/red rescue version is extremely boring... I'm an original G1-fan, but was disappointed with it.

12. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

If i were in your shoes i would go with regular ratchet for screen accuracy.

13. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I would pick either Best Buy Premium Ratchet (nice and shiny) or Rescue Ratchet. Both are nice figures. The recent Desert Ratchet is probably the worst-looking version of that mold, since its black pieces have been changed to a dull, dun-colored tan. It has very little contrast in the deco, and just looks bland in comparison to previous releases.

Honestly, if you already have the rest of the cast "movie accurate," I think it would be a little jarring to have just one G1 repaint in the mix. If you'd like to wait till tonight, I have all the figures you mentioned... I could line them up with Rescue Ratchet, Premium Ratchet, and original Ratchet and take photos to show how the overall lineup would look with each one. I don't have the Desert Ratchet, because, you know, as stated above... he looks bad. :) 

14. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    green just works better for the movie version of ratchet.. go for it - i have the premium ratchet, but i'd probably pick up the ROTF desert tracker version too ;p

15. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    If accuracy is your thing, I'd consider waiting on the Deluxe Movie Ratchet that's coming out - it's much closer to his actual on-screen design than the Voyager, and they look to have done a good job with the figure all round.

Of course, it won't have the size of the Voyager which, while not accurate, was definitely one of the better earlier Movie toys. Personally I'd go for the Movie colours for that one..

16. PropaneProphet

I could quote others but I guess I'll go with you guys and go with the green, haha. And yes. I would appreciated pictures, but only if you have time Mr.WhiteMocha. Thanks guys.