Wondering of this of the Japanese G1 series.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Jan 1, 2018.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I was thinking of checking out Transformers Victory sometime in the future but do I need to see the first two Japanese G1 series Headmasters and Masterforce first before watching Victory or does Victory stand enough on it's own to watch?

2. FanboyX

FanboyX is a real boy TFW2005 Supporter

It's pretty much its own thing. The only recurring characters are God Ginrai and Minerva from Masterforce, and Wheeljack and Perceptor from earlier G1 seasons. All you need to really know about God Ginrai (in Victory's context anyhow) is explained during his first appearance in the series. He is basically the Cybertronian embodiment of the concept of Burning Justice. He looks like Optimus Prime but isn't. The other three characters appear briefly in medical/engineering support roles. I'll just say by the time they appear you'll understand why.

Planet Master from Headmasters appears but as I recall its mostly just setting.

Personally I think anyone who likes G1 or 80's anime should give Headmasters and Masterforce a shot on their own merit, but there's nothing wrong with checking out Victory alone.