Wondering about various comic values

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Bumblebee028, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Bumblebee028

Bumblebee028 Technobot Prime

News Credits:
    Hey TFW, just here to ask everyone something.

So today while cleaning out my dad's basement, I found a couple of comic books that are really old, and I was just wondering about some values:

The first one I have is "The Hawk and The Dove" Which I know are Hawk and Dove from the DC universe. It's Issue 1 and the cover looks like this:
    [​IMG]

The Second one was a "Showcase" and it's Hawk and Dove again. It looks like this:
    [​IMG]

The last one was a Comic which I'm not soo familiar with, but one character "Enemy Ace" I recognize from Batman: The Brave and The Bold. It's "Sgt Rock Guest Starring Enemy Ace" and it's special Issue 9 if I'm thinking right. The cover is this:
    [​IMG]

If anyone can correctly identify and price these, please help me out here.

BB28

2. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    The first book is actually DC Showcase #75. While a NM copy could bring a good amount ($100+) it's usually $20 and down from that depending on the condition.

The other Hawk and Dove is from 1968, and it is a number 1. A mint copy goes for around $40 and below that down to $12.

The Sgt. Rock looks to be from around the late 1980s and probably wouldn't fetch much. Perhaps $3???

Hope I was of some help. You might want to check out this site: Comic Books: Buy, Sell, Trade, Consign, Collect | mycomicshop.com

It could give you an idea of what stuff sells for, but remember, if you try to sell it to a store they'd only give you a fraction of value.