WonderCon San Francisco...

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Razerwire, Jan 12, 2006.

1. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

Thanks, if you click on the pics you get bigger versions to see better.

Oh and slight change of plans, I will actually be there Saturday. I will naturally plan on wearing something TF related.

2. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I'll be there, probably all 3 days, wearing my Botcon hat :) 

3. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    We're going on Saturday... Not sure what time yet though... I'll probably know by tomorrow...

4. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I'm gonna be there at 10AM on Saturday... I'll most likely be wearing an A's jersey...:thumb 

To be specific, I believe I will be wearing my Mark McGuire jersey... :D 

5. Dragonclaw

News Credits:
    Wont be there until after 1 tomorow (I have to work until noon :(  ) Probably be in the Botcon hat and my Batman Jersey...hope to bump into a few of you, good deals to be had today (Got Lugnutz for $5, same seller also had the Ramble drones for $5 each)

6. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Anyone want to meet at 1:30 at the left side of the dealer room main entrance???

7. Dragonclaw

News Credits:
    Sorry RW, I meant to meet up there, but we got stuck in traffic with everyone going to the city for the Chinese New Year's parade I didn't make it until after 2...and the dealer room was an insane sea of people :( 

8. Razerwire

News Credits:
    It's cool dude... Yeah, I remember last year when we left the Moscone and we couldn't find a cab or hop on the bus because of the Chinese New Year parade...

Didn't see any board peeps there... But I did come home with Star Convoy, BT Sunstreaker, and WST Sideswipe... :D 

9. Dragonclaw

News Credits:
    Yeah, I got a pretty good haul (Pepsi Prime, Galvatron, the 3 new Gamera/Godzilla Microman figures, Mega Gir, Nugnutz, and yesterday made it to Chinatown befor eth edealer room was going to open and got an Armada Starscream in G1 Thunderwing colors...has electronics and everything :)  )

10. Razerwire

News Credits:
    There was some other stuff that I wanted to get but decided against... They had a THS-01 for $35 that I passed on as well as BT* Broadblast for $55... I was also tempted by the $5 GF Rumbles...

11. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

Where WERE those? I was looking and couldn't find them.

Didn't see your message, or else I would've looked for you. Actually, I think I was waiting on the Kevin Smith panel at that time ... which got pushed back by the MI3 panel (boooo!).

Not a lot of TF stuff on the floor, I thought. Picked up a Banpresto DX "Perfect Transformation" Valkyrie ... should've saved my money. :thumbdown 

A couple of indies didn't bother with tables this year -- most notably Oni Press and Abstract Studios. The latter is odd because Terry Moore's on TWO panels, including a Spotlight panel.

Missed the Superman Returns panel for food ... I don't really care one way or the other about the movie, but I'm PISSED that I missed out on the free "V" masks they gave out at the end. Ah well.

Got some cool sketches, will probably be back tomorrow to get more. I'm half tempted to print this out and try to get Frank Miller to sign it tomorrow ... but I probably won't. Though someone really SHOULD bring up the whores thing during the Q&A.

-XCN-

12. Razerwire

News Credits:
    The dealer with the THS and the Rumbles were at 111 or around there... The Rumbles were gone the second time I went by though...

The Broadblast was at 616, I think...

And we got two V masks... They're pretty nifty...

13. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

You done, or are you heading back tomorrow?

-XCN-

14. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I'm done... I only bought a one day pass ahead of time...

15. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    damn. I was hoping you'd have found me a blue rumble :(  oh well, I'll proly never find one of those ridiculously hard to find things... stupid Takara not spitting out NEARLY enough of them!! :banghead: 

Andy

16. Razerwire

News Credits:
    They only had the red and yellow one... I was thinking about grabbing them but decided against it... Then I went back and they were gone...

17. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    is it just me, or is the hasbro one actually orange? his sword looks red, and there's a red TF behind him in the pictures, it makes his body look orange... if it is, gonna make 4 different colors out there (not counting the coby)

Andy

oh, that blue one I found on ebay? yeah, with more than a day left it was already up to $25 before the $8 shipping!!

18. Razerwire

News Credits:
    The Hasbro one should be red, but who knows... It could be anything when it's lost in transition...:p 

Yeah, the blue one is riCOCKulous now... Glad I got mine when I did... I couldn't find one for the longest time too...

19. oxidative

oxidative last chance to evacuate

I was there on Friday. I picked up a Blue Rumble for $5 at that booth :) 

I didn't realize they were so hard to come by. I was with my neighbor and he knows and cares little for Transformers. I asked him what color to get and he said blue. So I got blue. Good choice it seems. The dealer had at least 2 because he replaced the one I bought with another one as soon as I walked away.

The $5 price tag was on top of another price tag. The dealer was originally asking 3 for $36 at some point. My neighbor is going back on Sunday. I asked him to get me a Yellow one if there are any left.

I also found a GF First Gunner for $25! I was shocked. It was the same booth that had the $35 THS Convoy. I snatched that up since it was cheaper than getting the Hasbro one + tax. There was also a GF Master Galvatron for $40 or so. I don't remember but I remember it was cheap.

I went on Saturday last year and was umimpressed with the deals. This year was WAY better. I'm definately going to be going Friday next year as well. Fewer people too and no parades.

20. Dragonclaw

News Credits:
    The dealer with the Rambles had at least a full case of them...but they were selling quick on Friday and yesterday was INSANE. Glad I bought the $5 Roadstorm from him when I did. Not planning on buying anything today, but I'll be there for the Star Trek panel & my girlfriend want to see the Emily the Strange panel.