Wonder Woman

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by AniProwl, Feb 18, 2009.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
  2. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
  3. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Sign me up. Aside from the Batman: Gotham Night DVD, I've liked the others that DC has released lately.

4. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Watched this last night and I thought it was done really well. I could easily see more WW movies coming out or a series based off of it.

It was a lot more funny than what I was expecting, most of that comes from Steve Trevor, voiced by Nathan Phillion. His one liners through the movie are priceless.

All of the fight scenes were great, although Ares forces seemed to take over Washington awfully quickly.

I do have one major gripe though, although it plays little into the story. The dog fight scene where Trevor is shot down is down right awful. The animator or story board artists either have never watched a dog fight or have no concept of physics of large objects. It was almost like they were trying to do a car chase in the sky and it just didn't work. Maybe I'm the only one that saw it this way, but it was annoying.

5. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone gotten or rented the DVD yet? This new animated movie is amazing! Loved it. I liked that WW didn't fly, and didn't do that transforming spin thing. She's become more true to her original self where she's a strong Amazonian princess. She can still leap, take a beating, and dish it out, so she is by no means a weakling. Loved the characters, the animated style, the colors, and the story was superb. Not perfect, but still excellent. Artemis was hot. Yeah, I did chicks like her, it's a weakness of mine. :D 

With the way they portrayed Ares, I have new love for the villain. I'll be picking up the DCUC version of him now that I like the dude (even if he looks nothing like the animated one). Not a crazy man, but a driven, power-hungry god bent on creating a war like no other on earth.

I really enjoyed this one. Wonder Woman has never been a favorite of mine, but I like her a lot more due to this movie. Well done. I love the new style too, and am glad they finally broke away from the Batman:TAS/JLU style this time. I have a couple small gripes but they're not really worth mentioning I think. I guess you can tell I really enjoyed this DVD, and I hope they make another sequel to this origin story.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love what DC does with their animated. This was no exception.

7. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

Thought this was the best of the DC releases so far. It definatly captured that Heroic feeling that leaves me a bit choked up.

Bought the Blu-ray and loved it.

8. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Damn! I forgot this came out! Guess I know what I'm watching tonight. :3

9. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked this one a LOT more than the Doomsday Superman movie. It also had some humorous moments as well. The Amazons asking what "crap" means, and are disgusted once Steve tells them. WW not happy with Steve constantly using the word later on, and WW saying "Oh crap" when Ares bears down on her in his super-god mode. The whole movie seems really well thought out despite the production running out of time to do more with it.

10. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

It was awesome! Nuff said! Can't wait for GL next.

11. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I actually thought it was rather good. I was pleasantly surprised.

12. Optimus17

Optimus17 Well-Known Member

I saw this at Comic-con and then bought it when it came out on DVD. It was epic both times. I love the DCU animated movies! What I really like about this one was that the length felt spot on! Even though it was still 74 minutes it felt longer. As someone said at comic-con, thank you so much for being better than Hulk vs. XD (not to say that Hulk vs. was bad just that Wonder Woman was better) Also, I can't wait for Green Lantern!

13. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

I was quite satisfied with it and I have high hopes for the lantern movie

14. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    That was such a Xena-esque trailer. Keri Russell FTW!

15. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Bumpity.

Watched this a couple nights ago. I liked it a lot, overall -- definitely the best direct-to-DVD DC movie, edging out New Frontier. Nathan Fillion was the best part, but Keri Russell and Rosario Dawon did great jobs, too. (Loved Artemis's "This is but my dagger." :lol )

The plot did have a couple of WTF moments for me, though, and all in the last 20 minutes or so.

First, where was the military when Ares was putting the beat down on Washington? All they did was launch a nuke at the new island that coincidentally appeared on satellite. No ground forces or air strikes against the hostiles tearing up Washington, D.C.?

Second, how did the Amazons know when and where to sail to the rescue?

Third, Ares's zombie Amazon power was rather out of left field.

Finally, Zombie Alexa saying a phrase that, when repeated back verbatim, canceled Ares's mojo was pretty cheatsy.

16. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Saw this a few days ago and it was good.
    Voice acting was a mixed bag as well as animation.
    Story and mythos was pretty spot-on.

I don't know but each time I watch these DC DTV's. I like them, but they leave me wanting more unlike Marvel' DTV's which range from mediocre to good, but you're satisfied with it in the end. You know what I mean.

17. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    I've never been all that interested in the character of Wonder Woman, even though I do enjoy her as part of the group in Justice League. But this dtv movie is actually quite good, and certainly explains her origins well. I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected, though I have to admit, I was surprised at just how bloody and violent the movie was. The tone felt like something you'd see in live action, not an animated film.

It's a shame it didn't sell better. I think it deserved to.

18. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    It would be awesome if they did an Arkham Asylum movie sometime soon or a Dark Knight Returns movie

19. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Agreed. This stands as my favorite of the DCU animated features so far.