Wonder Woman returing to TV for the third time?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by UltraAlanMagnus, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

yea, like Larry Kenney did in thundercats! *playing lionO's dad!" it'd totally work!

2. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I didn't want to post those again lest I be accused of flogging a dead horse :p  But a good design, is a good design. And this is a great design :D 

3. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I think they should get Bridget Regan to play Diana/Wonder Woman. She's already worked with the CW before on Legend of the Seeker and she has the look for it.

4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember when the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman TV started on ABC and it was good. The show focus on WWII and some episodes, she was fighting the Nazis.

But when the show moved to CBS, it wasn't all that great.

5. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

CW, do THAT wonder woman! i want to see wonder woman, and her amazons beating up Nazis! do it now! :lol 

6. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Actually, this would be the 5th time Wonder Woman has been on TV.

There was the original pilot starring Cathy Lee Crosby, then Wonder Woman starring Lynda Carter, which got cancelled after a year. It got picked up by another network and redone in modern times as 'The New Adventures of Wonder Woman' which lasted a couple of years. Then we got that pilot a couple of years ago (or whatever it was).

So yeah. I can dig this, but I would much rather see something a bit more... 'Originey' if you see what I mean.

In the Perez/post Infinite Crisis stories the Amazons are charged with safeguarding a gateway to some kind of evil/madness/hell/whatever.

In a new TV show I would like to see this aspect explored, and a pilot episode introducing Themyscira, the Amazons, Diana, the threat the Amazons are charged with protecting and then, with all that out of the way a disaster befalls the island (lets say a plane crash) which destroys/disrupts part of the gate and enables elements of this threat escape into 'Mans world'.

Cue Wonder Woman being sent out there to bring these monsters (or whatever) back. Convienently the number of bad guys/monsters is just enough for 7 full TV series... just right for syndication...

7. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Yeah, this is such a no-brainer.

They could, if they felt so inclined, go back to the old retconn where Hippolyta was the first Wonder Woman. It's doubtful, but I always liked how that linked a Wonder Woman to WWII. It could also be a way to show the classic suit in the series, without having Diana have to wear it.

They could then come up with whatever reason they needed for Diana to go leave Paradise Island, and Hippolyta could then explain that she once visited Man's World, to return and injured fighter pilot to the US.

BUT, they'll probably go with the New 52/DCnU origins...

8. godotislate

godotislate S-Secret Police?!

News Credits:
  9. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    That is still just one series. It shared the same cast and crew. And it's not the only time a series got canceled on one network then picked up and continued on another. Get Smart comes to mind. Also Taxi. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, too. They were all still the same series. As was Wonder Woman, despite the jump to modern times. The story continues from the first season; it's not in any way a reboot.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That's neat and i never knew that about Hippolyta.

11. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Yeah, it was a retconn that was later retconned away, but it allowed for there to be a WW that fought along-side the Justice Society, in the then current continuity.

12. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Hmmm...some of those would fit better in Spartacus. :D 

The final one is pretty good...maybe it's a fanfave, but I like the Lynda Carter one. Maybe that would be Rockin' old school, but she wore it well. :lol 

13. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Back when folks knew what a woman looked like.....my uncle met her when he was over in the US, still a good looking lady by all accounts.

Baseless speculation ahoy! Who will play the Princess of the Amazons in this latest TV venture?

14. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

I am honestly hoping this series will lead into a film, so I want Gina Carano to play Diana.

15. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I think Bridget Regan from Legend of the Seeker would be pretty good as Diana.