Wonder Woman possibilities

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phoenix Prime, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Phoenix Prime

Phoenix Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So on Moviefone.com they are running a “15 Potential Wonder Woman.” These are women who have been rumored in one fashion or another over the last few short years. Joss Whendon is directing this movie (which is important to keep in mind). Here are my thoughts on these women, in no particular order.

Brittney Spears: Are they HIGH? She cannot act, (who even saw Crossroads) and she has already hit the wall, and hit it HARD!!!

Katie Holmes: Katie Holmes is too next door little girl looking for the role, and a little weird looking, Diana should be smoking hawt. Besides, will Tom really let his little girl run around in that bathing suit?

Mischa Barton: wahahaha! She isn’t attractive, she is bone skinning, and has done nothing requiring any action. Fuck her.

Jessica Alba: Awesome idea. She is beautiful, with a slightly exotic look. She was badass in both Dark Angel and the Fantastic Four movie. Not my number one choice, but I would be happy with her doing it.

Morena Baccrin: Olive skin, enchantress style good looks, and the ability to be badass, she ranks in my top 5 definitely and has the edge of working with Joss previously, which is beneficial because the man loves to work with people he has already works with previously.

Kate Beckinsale: NUMBER ONE CHOICE!!! She proved she is the adventuring heroine in Underworld, and is in my opinion, one of the most beautiful women EVER, which is of course, what Wonder Woman is, the most beautiful woman ever.

Jessica Biel: Now this one bites me in the ass. She is number one choice right now on Movie Fone, but I don’t find her attractive, or a good actress. I would hate for this movie to be made with Jessica Biel doing anything but being in the background as an extra.

Charisma Carpenter: Charisma can kick butt, and she has worked with Joss Whedon before which works to her advantage, and I do think Joss could make her wonderful in it, but I don’t think she fits the role right in my mind.

Erica Durance: mmmm, I love this girl, she is amazing as Lois Lane on Smallville. I don’t think she would get it, but I rank her within my top 5 picks.

Shannon Elizabeth: I love Shannon Elizabeth, I do, but she already hit the wall, not as hard as Brittney, and she could recover from it, but ew, no. Diana she is not.

Jennifer Garner: I love Jennifer Gardner, I think she is great, though I don’t think she has the look for Wonder Woman at all. Acting wise she could pull it off, and I wouldn’t mind her in the role, but I don’t think she works at all.

Katherine Heigl: I don’t know her at all.

Scarlett Johansson: Scarlett is beautiful, but she is next door girl beautiful, but not Diana, Princess of the Amazons beautiful.

Angelina Jolie: ~drools a little~ Need I say more? She is definitely in my top 5, maybe my number 2 choice for Wonder Woman.

Michelle Monaghan: Who?

I also think Eliza Dusku should be added to this list, watch her as Faith in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and try to argue with me about it.

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This has nada to do with TF's. *punt*

3. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:

:confused2 

4. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Scarlett Johansson!!!!!!! Smooooookin'!!!

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Faith would be a rubbish Wonder Woman. I love Eliza as much as... well anyone could, but bless her, she doesn't really have that kind of range. Plus she's way too short.

6. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

I still think Lucy lawless should do it unless the Xena role was too close to WW and they don't want that.

7. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

For Wonder Woman I'd like to see Monica Bellucci or Jennifer Connelly.

8. Nephthys

Nephthys Banned

I'm going with Kate Beckinsale.

9. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

I had thought Maria Menounos (Access Hollywood, was the nurse in Fantastic Four) would be a good fit, being Greek, young and hot. But from what I've heard, her acting needs some work. Still, I'd love to see her in the costume :tongue: 

10. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I could believe Shannon Elizabeth, Angelina Jolie or Charisma Carpenter as Wonder Woman. We'll see.

11. Longhaul53

Longhaul53 Guest

to tell you the truth, i don't see any of those women fitting the role of WW. None of them have the look, grace, depth, or dignity to deliver a convincing Diana Prince. I would look away from the mainstream 20-something year old actresses... Monica Belucci maybe, Katharine Zeta Jones, Demi Moore, or especially Carrie Anne Moss. They would get my vote.

12. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

Monica would be amazing and as far as I'm concerned is about as perfect a choice as humanly possible to cast.

But the studio won't hire her because of her age. Depite looking ten years younger than she really is, but they're afraid of having a 50 year old Diana by the time they get to Wonder Woman III. Not to mention it would make the new Superman look even more like a SuperBOY if/when they get the nerve to finally put their three hero franchises together for a JLA movie.

13. Phoenix Prime

Phoenix Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Monica Bellucci, mmmm, drools....
    but she is too old (sad as that makes me)

and I am sorry Leo Kaiser, Jessica Biel bothers me for some reason, pisses me right off is more like it.

Also, as much as it would make people happy, I doubt they will go with an unknown, because the studios will want someone with box office pull to bring in the non-Wonder Woman fans. Same thinking for Halle Berry as Storm.

(Personal note, Gina Torres of Firefly would make an awesome Storm replacement for X4 where Halle won't be returning)

14. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I'd nominate Kate Beckingsale, Jessica Alba, Jennifer Connelly, Maria Menounos (lookwise not acting), and Katherine Zeta Jones as my top five. Jessica Biel is ugly imo and all others have things going against them. Monica Belluchi is too old. Eliza Dushku is too short,etc.

15. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Morena Baccrin...I gotta go with the Serentity whore.

Honestly I had a look at all of them on the list and anyone who does stand a chance has been in an action movie already. This is a hinderance because Jolie is Lara Croft. Beil is ummm no she aint a contender. Alba is dark angel and sue storm and Beckinsale is Underworld vampire chick.

Personally I would go with an unknown...do the work and find the talent. This is rare nowadays in Hollywood so from the list Morena it is.

As an aside...damn WW is going to be one hard movie to make good. God bless the man or men writing the script because no matter who plays her if the script sucks the movie will be another Catwoman. Lets be honest this is one movie where it is extremely easy to make it hokey.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

16. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

Jessica Alba
    Jessica Biel
    Shannon Elizabeth
    Katherine Heigl

Any one of these gals would work. Angila Jolie is popping a bun out soon so her bod will probably be crappy for a while. The same reason I doubt Brit Spears would work too.

17. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:

LOL at the description, but I'd go with that.

Frankly, Monica Belluci is WW. Who cares about her age? She's still one of the hottest women on the planet, IMHO.

18. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Jessica Alba, hands down. Or Catherine Zeta Jones.

As for the others... blah. I can't stand Jolie the most.

19. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:

20. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

I have faith that Joss will give us a good show. I have not been let down by him yet and will give him the benifit of the doubt that he will not give us a hokey movie.