Wonder how many dealers got screwed with 'Asian exclusives'

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Macross7, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now that the Asian Exclusives will be getting a US release, demand is going to plumet for the ones that were actually released in Asia. Not many people will want to pay $60+ for a voyager they will be getting for less then $30 in a few months. I'm betting a lot of dealers were stocking up on these figures thinking that US fans will be forced to buy from them. Overseas exclusive not availible in US made them see profits. But now Hasbro Chuck Norrised their plans & they will be stuck with many of them. Even if they sold them at cost (which is always higher then US prices as so many people like to point out), the buyer would have to pay shipping which tends to be over $20, further driving away potential bidders. I doubt they can return the items. Just wondering how may will be burned by this.

2. ThisGuy

ThisGuy True Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Probably more then a few. I was ready to drop coin on them too from where ever I could get them. I wonder if BBTS somehow knew of this and that's why they didn't offer them.

3. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not everything will be offered, though. Generations Brawn seems to be held back in favour of the FE Bulkhead release. You can bet the prices on that one figure alone will more than make up for it.

4. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Why, you think that every dealer in Asia that got them, got them for the sole purpose of selling them to the US?

Asia exclusives were produced to be sold in Asia, the fact that they were available for online orders to the rest of the world doesn't change that.

5. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Not gonna lie, that'd be funny as shit, from a third parties' perspective. If I was the retailer, I'd be sooo pissed. :lol 

6. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

All I can think of is the Asian sellers on eBay that though they were gonna make a killing trying to import this stuff. To that, I cannot stop smiling.

7. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

Agree with the above, I also think that certain extremely overpriced outlets, not naming any robot kingdoms, taking a hit on something at all amuses me. However, even with the cheaper local releases, I think that it'll still be a bit of a feeding frenzy to get this stuff at retail, and and there are some people whom I will not call idiots who will brandistly buy from these outlets religiously even if a cheaper local option exists, especially if they get their stuff early. Shit, that right there is worth over double retail. Ask the genius who paid $200 for Animated Ultra Magnus three months early.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  8. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

well asian sellers won't get screwed over, they just have to sell to local market at local price, us importers won't get screwed unless they already physically have the stuffs in inventory, otherwise they can always just cancel their preorder from their asian wholesalers who in term cancel their order wtih hasbro/tak asian offices. i don't think anyone has physically stocked the 'asian exclusives' at this point.

9. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    I paid twice the cost of a usual Legends toy for Hoist but thats all the Asian Exclusives I was willing to buy.

10. Starfire22

Starfire22 Wall crawling menace!

News Credits:
    I believe the real question should be, how many dealers got screwed with the FE figures?

11. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Hopefully more scalpers than dealers got screwed.

12. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Probably why a lot of online retailers have a no-cancel policy.

13. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

I hope hastak didn't shoot themselves in the foot with this so-called miscommunication. More shrinkage next year to cover the blunder if they did.

14. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It is what it is I guess. It's unfortunate these were called "Asia Exclusives."

15. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    This! I was so close to buying some figures but then sdcc and it was spend 20+ per figure or 12.99 per figure by waiting a few months.

16. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Being TRU exclusives, and released much later than our usual RID figures, I suspect their prices will vary from 15.99-17.99.

And again, seriously, there's a large market for those "Asia-exclusives" in Asia. As I said before, that's their regular retail more or less, they're not scalped up in price. For every one person from Europe\USA not wanting to import one of them, there's more than enough collectors there for it.

17. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

Since I'm not really interested in these figures I haven't really looked around for them. But the little I've seen is that most online retailers are sold out. Doesn't look to me like they "got screwed" by these Asian exclusives. They sold what they ordered even when asking high prices. If anyone got screwed, then it's US "got to have them all" collectors who bought these and can soon buy them in stores for less.

But anyone outside of Asia or the US still has to go to online stores.

18. Agent Adam

Agent Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see a lot of retailers really getting screwed they just won't make quite as much money off of them.

Ordering a case of deluxes off of robot kingdom with the cheapest shipping ran me like $19.50 a deluxe. I assume that any dealer that managed to pick wholesale numbers got them cheaper than that. Considering that the price for many domestic deluxes online can be in the $20-25 range and these are exclusives that not everyone has access too, they shouldn't be too difficult to go through if they price them right.