Won bid on eBay came from Amazon?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Brawl, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Brawl

Brawl Master of Destruction

* I wasn't sure if this was the appropriate forum for this post, it seemed the closest. Please feel free to move it if I was wrong.

So I'm new to TFW2005 and to getting back into TFs. I've been collecting the movie line like most and trying to get any Classics and Alts I can too. I recently won a bid on Cliffjumper on eBay (got it cheaper than retail, which nobody around me has any left either). I paid the seller last thursday for the item. I didn't get any word on the shipping and was going to message him today about it.

Well I'm sitting at my desk at work and the UPS guy shows up with a package for me. I sign for it and look at it...it is an Amazon box. I'm thinking I didn't order anything from Amazon. I open the box and inside is the Cliffjumper I won. Now mind you, this box was shipped directly from Amazon.

So to make a long story short, has this happened to any of you? Was also thinking that maybe this seller doesn't actually have all the items he is selling and chances it and buys them after the auction?

What do you guys think? Not trying to make a big deal of this, just trying to make some sense of it.

2. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This happened to me with sheets. I bought some sheets on ebay and they came from Overstock. I was pissed but then I checked Overstock.com and I got them for less than they sold them so in the end I didn't mind but it's shady as hell.

3. Brawl

Definitely shady. And the seller is a Power Seller too!

4. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Not something silly like the seller posted it in an amazon box? I've done that a few times.

5. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The seller probably had an amazon store and just shipped it that way.

6. Brawl

The package definitely came from Amazon though. Had the from address being Amazon's and mine being the recipient. Also there was a "Gift Order Receipt" in the box too with the eBay seller's name/address and mine on it.

See that's what I was wondering. It's possible he has an Amazon store too.

7. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Wait, you thought after you won he bought it on amazon and had them send it to you?

That is crazy. You are crazy.

8. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

Well, at least you got it.

9. Brawl

Yeah I know it sounds crazy, but unless the person is using a different name for his business on Amazon, he's not listed for selling the Cliffjumper figure.

Well I don't want to "beat a dead horse" with this one, just was wondering if anyone else experienced this. It just seems kind of shady, especially when I didn't get any shipping info from the person and it just shows up.

This is true.