Woman hires stripper to replace her at high school reunion (MY high school!)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord Of Tetris, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

The Youtube link summarizes it a lot better than I can: YouTube - I Remember Andrea BETTER

Or if you'd rather read about it: Stripper Impersonates High School Alum: Classmates Learn About Reunion Prank on YouTube - ABC News

It's hilarious! This woman Andrea didn't feel like going to her 10-year high school reunion at Palos Verdes Peninsula High School, which I graduated from in 2003. If I do my math right, this girl would have graduated in 1997. Anywhoo, Andrea hired a stripper, Cricket, to take her place.

Andrea kept in touch with Cricket via earpiece and documented the thing. She's an aspiring comedy writer, and trying to sell this as a movie.

As someone who went to the same high school, I can totally sympathize with Andrea reeeeeeeeeeeeeally not wanting to go to the reunion. I wonder what I can do for my 2013 reunion that tops Andrea's prank...

2. chapsy

chapsy Well-Known Member

that's a cool idea and all, but what the crap kinda stripper name is "cricket"???

3. Lord Of Tetris

I feel more inclined to go to my own reunion now. Perhaps a female classmate of mine will also hire a stripper...

Am I the only one who saw no resemblance between Andrea and Cricket?

4. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Needs more stripper named Grasshopper at the same club.

5. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    You rang?

6. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Why yes, yes I did! I have a bunch of singles with your name on them. Aww yeah!

Actually, I don't, because I'm not a commie who defaces American currency.

7. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

That was my 10 year high school reunion. One of my old high school buddies posted it on facebook. I guess I should have gone after all.

8. chapsy

chapsy Well-Known Member

don't forget Locust!
    I hear she's a cougar :3

9. Thorns2010

Thorns2010 Well-Known Member

What about you know, moving on??

Seems a little sad that she is still bitter 10 years later. GET OVER IT.

10. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    if she didnt want to go, then why send someone in her place....just simply dont go, no-one will shoot you for it

11. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds like she didnt care but really why hold a grudge that long. She wanted the attention but acted like she didnt. Attention Whore!!! Very lame:) 

12. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

To take up for my fellow Panther, alot of people don't go to our reunions cause well, alot of us hated our high school. I know for a fact that most of my friends and I were elated to be done with high school. We had the fortune of going to a really safe and academically strong high school but it was very much a bubble and homogenous as my fellow alum said in the article. There's no doubt this chick did this for her 15 mins of fame but to be honest, I don't blame her for not wanting to go.

13. Lord Of Tetris

This.

I went to this high school, and I really hated it. You guys ever see the movie Mean Girls? Multiply the bullying and the cliques of Mean Girls by 10 and you have an idea of how awful that high school can be to the 90% of us who weren't athletes or cheerleaders. Peninsula High is EXACTLY the school that comes to mind when you think of stereotypes of teenage life. When I see Mean Girls and Clueless, I see a well-made under-exaggerated documentary about my high school.

I showed this story to a friend of mine who also attended this school, and our conversation turned into a list of girls we knew who had eating disorders.

I don't think I hold a grudge anymore. I got over it sometime during college. I'm 24 now, and I really have better things to do than fume over high school. I have no desire to go to my reunion, but I might change my mind just to satisfy my curiosity to see if something similar happens in my reunion.

Also, let's not forget a crucial detail of her prank. Andrea is an aspiring comedy writer. She hired the TV crew from the show Punk'd. She hired a stripper. This costs a lot of money. I saw on the local news that she's trying to get a job producing a movie and/or TV show, and this documentary is a kind of glorified resume for what she can accomplish.

She might not have wanted to go to her reunion, but I don't think hiring the stripper was done entirely out of spite. She's a comedian, saw an opportunity for a joke, and had some fun with it. I'd expect that Sasha Baron Cohen, Stephen Colbert, and others might even be impressed by this. After all, this is well within the realm of her job, and a prank like this couldn't hurt her career, right? (And for the record, I think it's freaking hilarious.)

14. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    but you ARE named Ashley

and for the record, this is pretty frigging hilarious

15. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dammit KickBack. You totally made me laugh out loud during a inappropriate time during a serious conversation. Now I'm in the doghouse even more but it was well worth it.:lolol :lolol :lolol :stick: :lolol 

16. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Was there something in the video saying she went to the reunion 2 years ago? Because if not, a 10 year reunion would be 1999.

17. Lord Of Tetris

From what I can gather, the reunion and prank took place in 2007. For some strange reason I can't figure out, we're only hearing about it in 2009. My guess is that she finally got around to shopping it around to producers or something.

18. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

this thread would have been better if the title was:

Woman hires stripper to replace her at high school reunion (MY Mother!)

19. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i was wondering that...cause this year is my reunion year...Class of 1999 FTW

20. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

I think that's pretty rad.

And you know, you suffer these dicks for a significant period of your formative years, I think it's pretty understandable to dislike the people after all this time, a lot of your baggage and issues can be a direct result of your school chums behaviour.