Woman faces federal charges in MySpace suicide case

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark_Convoy, May 16, 2008.

1. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I was hoping something would be done about this, I hope they throw the book at her and it hits her and the others in the face.

2. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Gee that's like me going and telling some guy to kill people,even though I never fired a shot I'd be a party to the crime.

Like two guys robbing a bank,one guy has a gun and kills someone before dying himself,the other guy doesn't have a gun but can still be charged for murder because he's party to the crime.

This isn't a issue of some kid targeting another kid here,it's about a adult targeting a kid.

3. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are extents here that I was exxagerating a bit and not totally serious. But one thing about the system that I am right about is my last comment. If the girl thought a boy broke up with her and brooded about it for a week or two like most teenage girls, then nothing would have happened to the older lady. In this case though, the girl went and did something rash, and that's why she is getting in trouble. I don't know what her punishment should be, but it kinda gets tiring hearing such one sided accusations online when none of us knows all the facts.

Furthermore, all these people playing the passionate "OMG she caused the innocent child to commit suicide, she should be hung" are probably the first to jump on the "Kids and teens are teh stupid" threads and bash teens. If they knew this girl personally, they probably would have seen the side of her that would just annoy them and brush her off as a stupid teen angsty girl, not knowing the real complications in the girls head. Lord knows what anything any of us has said to someone to actually cause them anguish that we never find out. This woman, as bad as she may or may not be, said the wrong thing to the wrong person, and in different degrees can happen to anyone. And what even caused this woman to do such a thing? She has head problems of her own.

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I fail to see how that would be a bad thing.

5. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

:thumbs2: 

6. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Ok the girl doesn't commit suicide,and the *Josh* person was found to be Sarah's father Curt. It'd still be a big deal because it was a male adult preying on the vulnabilities of a teen.
    Then why should it not be any different just because it was the mother doing the preying?

True,but then do we ever? Best we can do is with what we know at the moment.

Telling a teen you know has serious self esteem issues that the world would better off without her is a bit much.

And yes it can happen anyone,but most times you don't know the history of that person you might say something like that too.

Some people are busybodies who can keep their nose out of other people's affairs.
    Every family has one.

7. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, Methos, I'm not arguing, I think your points are valid. I'm not trying to say anything for sure one way or the other, just some thoughts on the situation and everyones reactions.

8. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Likewise,lol

9. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

And?

It's still hearsay, and inadmissible in court. And the fact that it's a TEENAGER who was involved in the situation giving the statement renders it inherently suspect.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Justice, FTW.

11. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    This is one of those defining cases where, not only do we get to see justice at work for a rarity in America that also sends a clear message, but it also fully exposes all the other creeps around you who stand up and try to justify/defend such behavior and public malaise etc. It's like the Scarlet Letter, or seeing someone wearing a Camel cigarettes jacket; easy to spot from a distance and a clear sign that I need to stay far, far away from those sorts of mutants.

12. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Take that you bitch!

13. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I would love for you to expand on the similarities between this woman's defenders and someone who commits the grevious sin of--gasp--wearing a Camel jacket.

No, really. I'd love it.