Woman calls Police over Chicken McNuggets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darkmgmstr, Mar 4, 2009.

1. darkmgmstr

darkmgmstr Blue Lantern Corps Member

2. therealjondoe

therealjondoe Well-Known Member

3. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

Not worth calling 911, but then again I'm sure the woman felt like she was being robbed.

Why does the article and news overlook the fact that McD's wouldn't give this woman her money back? They sold her something they didn't have, she paid for it, then didn't get it. That deserves a full refund.

Arresting her also doesn't really seem fair. Yes she should not have called the emergency number, but I think a $100-$200. ticket would've been more reasonable then arresting her. She'd just been robbed.

4. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I'm having fun trying to figure out the first sentence of that report. :D 

5. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    QFT

Then again who eats at McDonalds, shit tastes like cardboard and I enjoy fast food. KFC for the win - except with it always having the world slowest service.

6. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Eh. Varies greatly between stores.

Macquarie Maccas. That's the good shit.

7. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    The McDonald Brothers and Ray Kroc are rolling in their graves on this one.

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Wasting police time is a serious offence. I hope the silly bint gets what she deserves.

9. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

And the explosive diarrhea later amirite?

10. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Stuff like this happens, so while I am annoyed by it, it doesn't surprise me. What annoys me more is that the writer has to include the history of the mcnugget, including it's nutrition facts.

11. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

That is stupid, but a I agree a ticket would have been fine. Though if this were any $100 item at any other store and they wouldn't give you a refund when you damn well knew you were entitled to it, wouldn't you call the police.

12. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Sucks that 911 dispatchers have to deal with so much garbage. I do think that a refund shoulda been given sense they took her money and they didnt deliver. The one lady though could have just spoken to the manager.

13. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I've been burned on fast food buying so many times I can't keep count. Some of the food was $5-6.00 and I didn't complain about it to the police. I handled it like an adult and patiently waited for a manager, handed him/her the receipt and the order was fulfilled, or I received a refund. Hell, there were times I received gift certificates for the cost of an entire meal as an apology.

She did not have to call the police through 911. At the very least, if she wanted to pursue this, she could've gone to the station and filed a report like the rest of us. Would've given the same effect, she wouldn't have been arrested, and this would be hitting the news with less fanfare.

14. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
  15. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If she'd reached over the counter, grabbed her some McNuggets, ate 'em up quick while doing the Dirty Bird dance, and then said, "I can't pay money, but I'll take out your trash or do dishes or sumthin'," they woulda called the cops.

I have a feeling she only got in trouble 'cause she was a chickenhead about the incident.

16. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    No, she got in trouble because she called 911 three fucking times over McNuggets.

Best part of the article

"McNuggets, introduced to the McDonald’s national menu in 1983, are sold in more than 100 countries and often are dunked in barbecue or hot mustard sauce. Goodman’s 10-piece selection has 460 calories and 29 grams of fat."

17. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah, that'd be the part of the chickenhead thing.

I just suspect that if I was in the same situation, I could get away with calling the police (once) and explaining to them that McDonald's had just committed theft by fraud--even if it'd be RIDICULOUS for me to do so--and get the cops out there and have my money refunded.

Is it absurd to use the police that way? Hell yes, of course it is. But the police are out there to enforce the law, even when it's an absurd situation.

18. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:

No matter what reasoning is used it's never normal to call 911 over a 6$ combo. That store might literally have an all sales final sign. I highly doubt they do but they might. And it's not like they're weren't trying to substitute her order.

There was no law to enforce. McDonalds wasn't stealing her money. Besides the fact she was calling because she wanted McNuggets; not a refund.

19. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Look, it's ridiculous. I'm not denying that. But it being silly doesn't change the fact that it is illegal for them to do that. IANAL and all that, but taking money, for goods or services, that you then can't provide, is theft by fraud. All sales might be final, but first they have to sell you what you bought.

The wanting McNuggets is the silly part, but McDonalds shoulda given her the money back, then asked her to leave. Bam, problem solved.

So what if it was six dollars? If I shoplifted six dollars, a store could call the police on me. And they would come out and have every right to arrest me.

20. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

:lol  Yeah, I'm sure if she called once it wouldn't have been a problem. It's like those people who call 911 asking for directions.