Woman beats Fawn to death!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by starscream-99, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butz

butz slippery when wet

Eh, shes 75; kinda already has a naturally imposed death sentence that will take effect long before the state could get at her after the appeals process.

2. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I cant belive anyone could defend this womans actions in killing an innocent baby deer. How pathetic. I cant belive the apathetic attitude some people here have towards the suffering of another living creature.

3. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Oh man poor thing =( this has been on my mind all week. Its just a baby deer.

4. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I wonder what the reaction would be if it was a mole or a groundhog or a skunk.

What makes a DEER innocent but a Possum or Raccoon a pest or danger and need to be exterminated?

And for those who live in Deer overpopulated areas, Deer are hardly innocent or majestic animals. Often times they are under-fed, mangy unhealthy creatures living in pain and having a horrible quality of life with no natural predators to thin them out and no abundance of healthy and nutrient-filled food for them to eat.

I worked for a park system for 3 years and we had an Albino deer named Snowball. Everyone loved snowball, they came to love and feed snowball. They failed to see that Snowball, being Albino is sterile and taking from an ecosystem without being able to contribute to it via reproduction. ALBINO animals are a 'free kill' when hunting and don't require a tag because all they do is drain on the local animal population.

Snowball was removed from the population for the health of the rest of the deer. And people cried it was an innocent deer and all that.

So I think people need some perspective. Attaching human emotions to animals is the problem. Calling deer 'innocent' is the same reason the Wolf and Mountain lions are near extinct int he wild, because they got labeled with 'violent murderers'. They Are just animals who are doing what they do in nature, and dying is part of it.

5. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I hope the parents of the poor fawn find that dried-up piece of shit and rip her to shreds. :mad 

6. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Same, you dont beat a animal to death or do anything cruel to animals. The world is already filled with coldhearted scum like those seal hunters in Canada, smack a baby seal in its head with a stick ...must be a real man to do that...ppl who take out a baseball bat for a little mouse and run amoks in the house. No sane person would beat a wild lost animal that just happend to come into yoru yard, probbaly by misstake even.

7. comaface

comaface Crush, kill, destroy

Albinos are not sterile. That's a misconception that a lot of people have, but it's very wrong, and I would hope "a park system" would know better. Might be best not to tell those crying people that an extremely rare (something like .00003% of deer are albino) animal was "removed from the population" (neat euphemism for 'killed') for no real reason at all.
    Incidentally, in some states and I believe in Canada, it is actually illegal to hunt true albino deer.

8. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Fair point. In the end, it's still not right to kill a defenseless, harmless baby animal, though.

A deer? Nothing. They're one of most violent animals, and considered the most dangerous. (Due to causing car accidents, impaling with their antlers, stampeding, etc.) A fawn? A small, baby animal that wasn't big enough to be a dangerous, violent offender. No antlers for impaling, not heavy enough to stomp and stampede, it was in her yard...so it wasn't running across a road causing an accident. So, again I say, not violent and not a danger.

A defenseless creature beaten to death for no good reason.

No, no natural predators, but most counties (or states, depending on which level of the legal process the order comes from) have state workers that handle that with the correct materials and proper proceedings.

They do it here in PA, I'm sure they do it around the parts of the nation where deer run rampant.

Dying is a part of it. Being brutally murdered as the deer equivalent of a child, by a crazed elderly woman isn't. And yes, a fawn is innocent when it's just standing in someone's yard and the crazy wench comes over and cracks it repeatedly in the head with a shovel.

There IS a difference. And at the very least, she could've frightened the animal so it would leave her yard, rather than going to find a shovel (which shows intent), walking up to the unsuspecting animal, lulling it into a false sense of security (also shows intent), and then repeatedly hammering it's skull into pieces and knocking it's brains out.

The fawn obviously didn't fight back. If it was this violent, overpowering animal for her to be frightened by, I'd imagine it would've felt cornered and had enough natural instinct to take one of it's last breaths and attack her to defend itself at the very least. But it didn't, and she caved it's head in, brutally and viciously.

When preteens/teens kill cats and other animals, the public takes notice and says "Oh, they have violent tendencies, I'll bet he/she will grow up to be a killer!" Well why is this old woman any different? If she can kill a fawn, with a shovel, she damn well could harm a human being.

Would she? Most likely, no. Could she? Yes.

If you can't get any of this, then you're a lost cause and we're done talking.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    AnimatedFan has won the thread :bowdown: 

10. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed!!!

11. trump

trump WWBD?

Owes money? is there now a set value on deer? Well, maybe she should pay a fine for going WWE on the thing...

And into cars, eating/destroying landscape... innocence doesn't truly exist.

Okay, the shovel thing is a bit harsh. But the little idiot animal should have run. I'll bet if it had taken off, it'd still be around today.

I'd say they're safe, as long as they don't eat her lawn/flowers or get in her garbage or something.

12. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Animal cruelty is a punishable offense, and fines are a punishment.

We have no proof the fawn did any of that. Again, I say unprovoked.

A bit harsh? A bit?! Wow. I'm starting to think this post was made "just because". Of course if it had ran it'd still be alive today. So that tells you something, she either trapped it and smashed it's brains out (which proves intent to kill) or like I said earlier, it was lulled into a false sense of security and she killed it. (which still shows intent) Either way, you're not going to sway me on this one.

Har. Har. Har.

Now, get off the stage.

13. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    So you really don't care about animals? Not ALL animals use the fight or flight thing, this was a baby deer, a fawn. They don't know whats going around them, they have much to learn. That fawn had a whole life ahead of it.

14. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

If I lived next door to an old woman whose reaction to one of the cutest, most inoffensive things on Earth is to stave it's head in with a shovel, I'd want the crazy bitch locked up.

15. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    The fawn wasn't trying to run or anything because that's not what the fawn's instinct tells it to do. Its instinct is to stay laying down as still as possible in hopes that you didn't notice it, even if you're standing over it with a shovel. The fawn would have been confused and afraid by her touching it (before she started bashing, that is) and would have held to what its instinct said was 'safe', staying still, even tho doing so was kind of dumb. It was only a baby after all. They're also left behind by their mother for hours at a time in their first weeks because they're not strong enough to keep up with her, unlike calves and foals.

So she didn't find the fawn wandering around, she found the fawn laying under some of her plants in her garden, not doing anything worse than remaining perfectly still.

--Moony

16. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Would you be able to run if someone was bashing you to death with a shovel?

I doubt it.

17. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Time to inform your next of kin!

18. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

:(  Knowing this makes me feel even sadder about the whole situation. And people want to brush this aside? Sad.

19. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

I really and truly hope you're being sarcastic here. Otherwise, What the HELL Man?

20. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't see most people trying to brush it aside or defend her, I see them trying to put it into perspective, due to so many people in this thread going with the mob mentality of violent vengence. This woman does not deserve physical violence or jail time for what she did, no matter how cruel it may have been. I would force granny to have a mental evaluation, however, because she doesn't sound all there.

Oh, and if any of you really think we've "progressed" as far as society is concerned, realize that many of those who are clamoring for this woman's blood are little different than the mobs wanting the witches burned.

And before I upset anyone needlessly, I meant the above only for those who want to kill a 75 year-old woman over a deer, not those just disgusted by it.

May be sarcastic, but I took it to be referring to the way they slaughter cows.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.