Wolverine

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Razerwire, May 2, 2009.

1. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

Yeah, I'll admit I was very underwhelmed by that scene, as far as the Sabertooth portion was concerned. I was more disappointed in the lack of character development for Sabertooth than anything else. I was very pleased with how Origins handled him. However, I really felt the other scenes I mentioned did a good job of establishing Wolverine as a badass in the Marvel Film Universe for a first film.

or...The M rated game does so well, that Marvel/FOX realize there is a market for fans who want to see Wolverine actually eviscerate people, pull their heads out of their asses and make it happen in the movies and do him some real onscreen justice. Realistically though, they just make another M rated Wolverine game.:wink: 

2. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

IMDB says that Weapon XI is played by Scott Adkins, a martial arts expert who also looks a lot like Ryan Reynolds. Most of Weapon XI's screen time has him doing insane martial arts moves, such as slashes and flying kicks. Ryan Reynolds is not a martial artist, and he most certainly is not capable of those acrobatics.

My guess is that the majority of Weapon XI's screen time is Scott Adkins. Underneath all that makeup, you can't tell if it's him or Reynolds anyway. During the closeups and the non-fighting scenes, it's definitely Reynolds. If Weapon XI is fighting, however, don't bother wasting your time staring at his face to see if it's Reynolds, because it's probably Adkins.

Either way, I think the intent is that Weapon XI is still Ryan Reynolds' character.

3. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I liked the movie a lot more than I thought I would. This is definitely a watered-down version of Wolverine and that's the part I'm most disappointed with. I remember the flashback scenes from one of the first two X films where Wolverine emerges from the adamantium bath screaming in pain from the claws and covered in blood. Had this movie included that level of pain for the lead character, it would have been better. Instead, Marvel and Fox aimed for the kids with this one so they could sell toys and I think it backfired.

I also didn't like the two shots of young Jimmy Howlett and older Logan looking up and screaming while holding dead bodies. That was soap opera acting at it's lamest.

On the flip side, I'm thoroughly enjoying the video game.

4. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    The movie wasn't horrible...I like some parts while others seemed...dull. The ending...was ok...stupid bullets... I didn't like how they did the action at the beginning for like...10 minutes, than you got an hour til more action...back to slower, than finish it off with more action. Beginning part with the team was great...especially the Wade part...speaking of Wade...

I still don't see how anyone can argue that Weapon XI ISN'T Wade...first of all...you have the quote from Striker at the beginning of the movie about "sewing your mouth shut". Than, you have the shot of him on the table with his mouth sewn shut, prior to the final injections. I'm afraid that it can't be any other way. It sucked the big one...

As far as the ending, yeah, I got the pointless bar scene one.

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Did I ever show you the pics of me dressed as Wolverine from a couple halloweens ago? ;)  :lol 

6. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Pics or it didn't happen:p 

7. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

The one I saw had Wade's body reaching out for it's head, capped off with a shot of him winking and going "shhhh." Which is kind of funny since my friend and I were saying that that was not an implausible way for him to come back.

8. brollicon

brollicon Well-Known Member

The truth about this movie is that its a great movie to explain the origins of two marvel characters sabertooth and wolverine. it was action package and showed you how the wolverine got metal bones and lost his memory. if you expected more then you set yourself up for failure.

one good thing about the movie is marvel finally put gambit into the series as a fan of xmen i was waiting to see him for 9 years and well to be honest the character they created was great but the actor just needed to use his own voice. it was funny hearing the accent he created go in and out. also i really wanted wolverine to go with him so gambit could return if marvel ever made a sequel to the movie. either way its a good summer movie to watch

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    They're on my myspace page.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Congrats to Wolverine being on the top of the box office this weekend.

11. Optimus17

Optimus17 Well-Known Member

I think people are being way too harsh on this movie. I mean yeah it wasn't the greatest and it could have been better but it was still fun. About Deadpool. Get over it. I mean yeah it's really annoying what they did to him but it's not like this is going to be standard Deadpool in everything from now on. He still has his monthly comic and I'm sure he won't have the sword arms or the eye beams for his movie. Wade was hilarious in the beginning so, imo, Ryan Renolds proved himself as Deadpool. Hugh Jackman is still a great Wolverine. Gambit probably could've use some work and Blob was weird. But John Wraith was actually a cool character which was surprising and Liv Schreiber was really good as Sabertooth (better than the guy in X-Men that's for sure). Yeah it had it's problems. Some bad dialogue like "Did you just call me Blob?" (so stupid but you can't help but laugh at it XD) and really bad CGI on the claws. Overall, though it was a fun movie that I would definitely buy on DVD. I would most likely buy the Rifftrax but still.

12. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Fox must be absolutely ecstatic that Wolverine made $87 million over the weekend.

There will be more Wolverine movies, no doubt about that!

13. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Just got out of seeing it right now, not bad. It was very entertaining if not accurate.

14. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My sister seen it last Friday and she told me it was okay. My nephew told me the movie was cheesey. But both told me there is a surprise showing at the end of the credits. They refused to tell me.

15. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think both saw the better surprise ending. I saw the lame one! Blah!

16. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I actually saw this on Saturday and was shocked to find that I thought it was alright.

I got the Deadpool ending as well.

17. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    And next will be the Japan arc. Probably the single most popular part of Wolverines past. Also, we better get a Deadpool movie.

18. wipeyourfeet

wipeyourfeet Winner of the Internet

News Credits:
    Caution, potential spoilers ahoy.

Saw this the other night. I enjoyed it, I found Sabertooth annoying in X1, but really enjoyed him this time around. Wraith and Zero were awesome, and the scene in Africa was the best part of the film IMO.

Wade was awesome. When I was watching it I was like "I can't believe people said he was bad" then when I saw XI being operated on I was like "Awesome, his face looks like Deadpool's mask!" then I heard them going on about him having powers working in harmony, and I got worried. Then Katanas came out of his hand. And he couldn't speak. And he was under mind control. And he had Cyclops' eye lazers. And then I realised how he sucked. As an epic final boss he was cool, especially his "death" but as Deadpool? Not really.

I also thought the Adamantium "forget" bullets were weak. I thought he was meant to loose his memory during the Adamantium bonding procedure. Having him keep his memory made the rest of the film make sense, but that didn't stop the way they finally had him loose his memory any better.

Oh, and I can't see how people don't think XI wasn't meant to be Wade. With the whole "sewing your mouth shut" thing, as well as the fact the first thing Wolverine says when he sees him is "Is that you Wade?" or something like that. Whilst he wasn't played by Reynolds, the intention was there for XI to look like him.

All in all, a good summer film, but only if you can get by certain plot weaknesses and character changes.

19. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    We should wait until next weekend before assuming this.

20. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm sure the rest of it's box office run + later DVD/BluRay sales will be plentiful. Plus, 87 million was just domestic, worldwide it hit 160