Wolverine Theatrical Same As Leaked Version

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Joe Moore, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    UPDATED!! The Finished/Theatrical Version Of WOLVERINE Has Been Seen!! Just How Different Is It From That Workprint?? -- Ain't It Cool News

2. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Never the less, I will see it on the big screen. I didn't want to watch the leaked movie and I will wait to see it on the glorious big screen.

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I personally have no interest either way. But all this talk of "It's 10 minutes longer and has completely different scenes" was bs.

4. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch TFW2005 Supporter

"They also have to jump through some ridiculous hoops to reset all the relationships to properly connect it to the first "X-Men" movie (unnecessary, I think - who seriously gives a shit?)."-Veritas

This is a highly contrived statement to me considering I don't see what relationships jumped through some serious hoops just to connect to the first movie. What, just because a teenage Cyclops is in the movie (I won't spoil why he's there for those who didn't see the leak) and a scene that didn't even make the final cut aparently of a child Storm constitutes "Jumping through hoops"?

The guy is definitely entitled to his own opinion, but I think being dicked around by Fox has definitely contributed to his overall opinion of the movie. I agree, it wasn't a Batman: The Dark Knight thats for sure, but that was a rare comic book movie as well.

5. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's pretty sad that I won't even download it to watch for free. The trailer is painful enough to watch.

6. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

According to one unverified source who admits he's violating a contract by talking about the film. Will wait to hear more. I mean we all know they did reshoots.

7. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Watched it. Don't go see it if you enjoyed the first two X-men flicks. I don't count the third as even canon.

Pure Summer action and nothing more.

8. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

Sounds like there is going to be an extended edition blu-ray

9. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    :lol 

They gave up on Wolverine in theaters and are going straight for DVD.

10. Red Frenzy

Red Frenzy Its madness He's 100% RED

This is really disappointing. Coming from someone who saw the leaked version and was really holding out hope that the whole "reshoots" and "ten minute extra footage" propaganda would save this movie not just for me but so many fans. Apparently that ship has sailed.

This movie could have ended up great if not for the final act. They had everything they needed for a good Wolverine story: Weapon X, Sabertooth, Cameos, Logan going berserk! How could a movie about Wolverine be bad using just those elements? I wish I had answers, I really do, or at least someone to blame.

11. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I'll wait for DVD, from the sounds of it. I've yet to hear a positive review for the film. People here have panned it, people on the internet have panned it, and now we find out the 10 "missing" minutes that would save the film aren't there?

No thanks. I'll wait for the DVD. Which is sad, I've seen every X film in theaters so far, and this will be the first one I skip.

12. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe it's because I'm only a casual Marvel fan and don't know much about Wolverine outside of the other movies... but I thought it was great, and plan to go see it on the big screen as well.

13. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    I've been avoiding the leaked version now. I'm gonna watch it after finishing my exams :D 

14. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Frankly The only reason I wont see it- havent seen work print nor plan to torrent it - is the butchering of deadpool, I can wait til dad randomly brings it here from the TPL. or show on my cable whatever happens first. Simply put Im not giving fox any money for crappy adaptation of my favorite character.

-I realize is fanboy logic but frankly its the only way I can think of showing my displeasing with it-

15. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I did not see the leaked version but am looking forward to seeing it in the theater. Will it suck? Maybe. But I like comic movies, regardless of the suck factor.

16. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

same here...plus its Wolverine...

but now that the leaked and final is the same...i really do see the movie getting hurt by it, seeing half (if not more) reviews are bad....

i dont care about reviews , ill see what i want...but there are those that do...

17. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Hmm, I should do that.

So I liked the first two, then I shouldn't go see it? But it's got Gambit! Gambit, I tell you! Then again, it's got that crappy Deadpool. Ugh, that's wrong. Deadpool should be kick-awesome, wise-cracking, and just all around cool. Not a monster.

18. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    I think it's very similar to the first three movies, so if you liked them this is no different. But what that means to me is that there is a gross under use of cool mutant powers and good fight scenes. There's one commercial that basically showed ALL of Gambit's scenes in 30 seconds.

But hey at least Wolverine is actually engaging in choreographed combat not just running straight at guys yelling and stabbing them. That's a step up :p 

19. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Eh, I'm skipping this one altogether.

20. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Why is everyone accepting this one anonymous source as proof of anything? He may be telling the truth, he may be an ass hole happy to screw with the movie for betraying his vision of Deadpool. Wait for a second source, at least.