wolverine origins current arc...

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Lumpy, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    anyone know how many issues are in this set? its been deadpool vs wolverine so far...and i love be some deadpool, so im thinking about buying it, but also thinking of just waiting and getting it in trade...whatdya think i should do?

and i'm not looking to pick up this book for anything other then deadpool, i cant stand how overused wolverine is....and i really didnt enjoy the first arc of this book either...

2. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Standard six issue arc, I believe.

And um...it's not been very good so far, except for a few decent jokes. Deadpool isn't being written like he is in C&D, he's more just plain crazy, most likely because I think this is supposed to be set in the past at some point. Plus Deadpool looks like Freddy Krueger. It's basically just them fighting, with no plot other than that, so unless anything changes, it's probably worth skipping.

This is also doing nothing for getting me interested in the new Deadpool series by the same creative team. Oh well.

3. Lumpy

News Credits:
    well, without his mask, he does kinda look like freddy....and i forgot about that deadpool series...when does that start? i hope that doesnt suck...i need me some GOOD deadpool...

4. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It looks like it's going to start after the current Origins arc is over, so let's say...June or July for now. I haven't seen anything specific other than that.

5. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    The current story "The Deep End" featuring Deadpool is a 5 issue arc.

Issue 21 (Part 1): 01/16/2008
    Issue 22 (Part 2): 02/20/2008
    Issue 23 (Part 3): 03/19/2008
    Issue 24 (Part 4): 04/16/2008
    Issue 25 (Part 5): 05/21/2008

If the release schedule follows the previous story arc "Our War" then the hard cover will probably be out sometime in July and the trade will be due in October.

6. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

If you can wait, it's say wait. Way's writing style for this book is more condusive to the trade format, with little dialogue and slower pacing, and probably more enjoyable when digested as a whole story arc rather than a slices you can read in three minutes. But if you can't wait and want more DP now, then go for it. Way will be doing as solo DP book sometime soon, probably after this story arc so you may want to want for that instead.

7. Lumpy

News Credits:
    thanks primal...you're awesome...i'm also thinking of adding the first two issues to my hold pile, and just not picking any of them up until the 5th issue is out, then i can read the whole thing as once and not have to wait til october...