Wolverine and X-Men Trailer

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Paladin, May 6, 2008.

1. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, Dust? They really are digging deep for a TV series...

But anyway, it sounds good. Certainly watchable, but... it brings in the stuff that I think makes X-Men more hokey than it should be-- i.e. highly futuristic cities and aliens and I can't tell you how disappointed I was to see Mojo at the end. I always think X-Men is at its best when the only difference between it and the real world are Mutants.

So, sounds really good, but not X-Men: Evolution good or Movie Trilogy good.

2. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    In a Nutshell. As tempting as it to watch with Emma Frost being in it (presumably in the HERO-role instead of the VILLIAN-role), yeah, I'm still getting caught up on the "Wolverine and Co." Title. I'm going to watch the trailer again and if its anything like the one that got torn off YouTube because the Foo-Fighters claimed "Infringement"... then, blah its still not enticing me to watch it.

(Moments Latter):

Okay, that was certainly better than the first trailer they had up (Domino and Polaris show up. Nice. All that's missing is Havok and Cabel). Rogue's Subplot looks interesting (I wanna know why she's jumped ship). Emma Frost is another reason to watch (EmmaxScott-ness, pluz? minus any Jean Grey Ressurections) and the plot don't look half bad. Hate to sound like a broken record, but, so long as Scott isn't treated like a tenth wheel to Logan, I'll probably watch it.

Why the hell Wolverine has to lead them is beyond me.

:horse: 

There I said my piece.

3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    animated? bah, here I heard the name Emma Frost and quickly hit the link to see what scantily clad hottie they got to play her. trickery, I say!

4. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

....HULK

ok no questions ask Ill watch this.

5. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    I Squeegasmed majorly over this trailer, especially when I saw Spiral! And even with the proper number of fingers! And The Reavers! AAAGAHAHAA!

But where is my Psylocke and oh how I HATE this being named a Wolverine show....crap. :/

6. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    looks damn cool.

7. GladiatorPrime

GladiatorPrime working on Rampage P2-V2

Looks interesting!

8. Jetfireinthesky

Jetfireinthesky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll give it a go. Animation doesn't bother me. This trailer makes it feel like one massive movie instead of a tv show which is cool. I love Dust so it was cool to see her. I'm tired of Scott getting screwed over as far as leadership goes. Movies did him a terrible dis-service. Hopefully at some point he takes over again. When is this supposed to start airing again? Around the same time as the new Iron Man cartoon?

9. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I believe it to be Forge, but I'm not certain.

10. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That trailer has me thinking this show redeems its really silly name by being tremendously epic.

11. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Forge is Native American.

12. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

and?

How does that rule out the character in the cartoon being Forge? Hell, most of the time in the comics, he's not drawn as a recognizable Native American.

13. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

At least the name "Wolverine and the X-Men" gets a closer to truth in advertising. That said it looks interesting I may try to watch it some.

14. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I cannot wait for this show.

15. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Forge is definitely in there towards the end you can see his bionic leg...

and for the title who cares! I'll still watch this. Looks like fun. I'm sure there will be 10 other X-Men cartoons before I die.

16. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I was worried about this new show (mainly for lack of Jean and fear of forcing Emma down our throats) but after seeing the preview I'm excited to see this show. As far as any potential Scott/Emma developments as long as Jean's dead and they don't make Scott an adulterer (it's not so much Scott/Emma I hate but the way they got them together destroying Scott's character intergrity in the process) like in the comics I won't mind...as much. Wolverine may not like being leader but he has proven to be a capable leader in the past. I'm sure Scott will have his moments, but I wonder where Storm is. It looks like their weaving a lot of the better plotlines from recent years into the new show. Loved seeing Domino and Angel. I really hope Angel's a regular memeber of the X-Men this time and not reduced to cameos or one off episodes like he is in every other series. It looks this show will be about trying to prevent the recent DOFPish future we saw in Messiah Complex which is a different angle for a series. Maybe we'll finally get the see human/mutant war we've been promised for decades in the comics but never actually ends up happening.

Now if only we could get the older series on DVD. We still need the last season of Evolution and season sets of ALL of the 90's series. What is taking them so long?!?

17. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Actually, Region 2 is getting ALL the old Marvel Animated series on DVD. X-Men (90's) season 1 and 2 are both due out before the end of the year.

I'm not so bummed about Cyclops not being the leader ... look at his character. Soldier boy. The "yes sir" guy. (All this before he decided to bang with Emma). He would have been stale. The "obvious" choice. So mix it up, throw a hot head in as leader ... plus in this series, it looks as if Wolverine is all about the X-Men, while everyone else is like "boohoo!".

Can't wait. Sucks it's on Nickelodeon.

18. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Region 2? :banghead:  I hate you. :wink: 

Actually my friend has a region 2 player. So I'd just need to bug her to watch them with me. :D 

19. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Oooooo, the old Marvel shows are coming out on DVD over here? Sweet! I loved those old shows.

This one looks decent, though I'll watch a few episodes before I can tell for certain.

20. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Its got my attention, which is a pretty rare occurance for an American cartoon thesedays.

As for Cyclops, i've read huge swathes of 60s - 90s X-Men and i've never found him particularly interesting. If anything, i'm more bothered that Wolverine got the job over Storm then I am about Cyclops being as potentially boring as he almost always has been in the past.