Wolverine and X-Men debuts in Wolvie's home nation

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by AniProwl, Aug 21, 2008.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    That's right,US folks. Canada get the latest animated entry of our favorite mutants on Saturday, September 6th, 2008 at 7pm. So, mark yor calendars, Canadians!!!

Can anyone upload the episodes on-line once they air there, PLEASE?

2. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

Which channel? YTV?

3. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Wasn't NickToons supposed to be carrying this as well? It looks pretty good.

4. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Yes, YTV.

Drake, Nick won't be getting it til early next year

5. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I'm sure it will be 'out there' somewhere to watch soon then.

6. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool, September 6 is my birthday:) 

7. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    From Toon Zone:

The highly-anticipated Wolverine And The X-Men animated series premieres this Saturday on the Canadian youth-themed network YTV.

The network has provided the official synopsis for the series and premiere date, which can be seen below. The first episode of Wolverine & The X-Men scheduled to air is "Hindsight, Part 1."

Wolverine and the X-Men
    Saturday, September 6th, 2008 at 7pm
    After 50 years of best-selling comic books, three blockbuster movies, a massive fan-base spanning all ages, the new animated series Wolverine and the X-Men joins the YTV schedule. When an explosive event shatters the lives of the X-Men and takes away their mentor, the beaten heroes decide to walk away from it all. But after a rare glimpse into the future, Wolverine takes the lead and reunites the broken band to embark upon the ultimate mission – preventing the world’s destruction.

YTV will air reruns of each Wolverine & The X-Men episode the following Saturday at 12pm (ET), during the YTV Saturday morning block. "Hindsight, Part 1" is currently scheduled to rerun September 13th, 2008 at 12pm (ET).

Anyone watching it?

8. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

That's today.

Too bad I'm not Canadian. And from what I hear, even the UK will be getting this show before the US.

Okay, Canada, we'll let you have the show first if you promise to put out some nice Region 1 DVD box sets of the show okay, so we south of the border can watch the show long before the US premiere too, how's that?

9. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Come on, YouTube! Post this shit!!!

10. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Im unable to put it up in youtube.
    -however Ill put up summary and impressions airs in 10 min

11. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

Well it wasn't the 2nd coming but it was enjoyable.
    I guess I can stop hoping they'll ever make Rogue a non emo teenager. I just want the good old flying supergirl back.

12. Nexus Prime

Nexus Prime Creation is proof.

I didn't know about this and I was just lying down on the couch when I saw this in the guide a couple minutes before it came on.

I have high hopes for this show. The writing and humor seemed decent for a first episode. It was kind of a slow episode, but I expect it will really be picking up future episodes.

13. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

forsummary and impresions

thing was pretty good. - far more than what I expected- is mature ish and darkish. I dont remember much of the 90 X men I think it was up to it, it was also definitively on the level of best Evo episodes, or hell it had an X men movie -1 and 2- feel. Im gonna give it this ark to be over and Ill decide but so far I think , is good... and for the record they definitively got Hank and Logan down pretty well. so far I think I became a fan

summary ahead spoilers
    We have logan pawning on the danger room, kurt, kitty, an colosus, Logan is hosting this as his goodbye he is gonna be gone for a while. he goes stumbling on Jean and scott are figthing over something and jean saying that scott should apologize to Logan, he passses not minding them Jean blows him a kiss and Scott frowns in his usual fashion. Logan then talks to beast, and then to rogue who is having a hard time with him leaving and all. then up to prof X.... and well all goes wrong. Explosions etc

Logan leaves, some time after Im not clear how long he took. goes sees trouble sees a trainwreck and goes to save/ help. anyhow he gets blown pretty bad saving a kid. and is unconscious some civ has reported him to the mrd-or whatever the guys with the sentinels are.- and so the family of the kid who just saved him helps him get out, but our evil civie of the day follows them . anyhow long story shot logan bonds with the fmaily mrd comes and take the family wolverine kicks their arse and as his usual breaking shit up tradition goes arround, trashes the camper of the civie who turned in the family. with the chopper of the people who were trying to capture him.

so Wolvie goes back to the mansion, finds hank and scares him-by sneaking by him who is trying to figure out just what the hell happened in that explosion as there is no electromagnetism powder or, basically nothing which takes magneto off the lest and the anti mutant guys and asks Hang for help to get the family out Hank agrees after a bit.

Meanwhile on mutie prision #1 family is being held the father is tortured for information-they actually say the word torture-and well you hear much screaming, anyhow a genosha ad apears on a billboard-I was sligtly fond of that- hijack of an mrd truck, intrusion to facility hank and logan open a Can of whopass on guards who find him"now gentlemen I give you a choice, hard way or easy way?" .anyhow Wolvie saves family after he kicks evil commander #1 with a grudge for wolvie-he has a scar clearly made by him.- after he wakes wolverine has him strapped to the torture device and says "leave that family alone, and as a friendly reminder" he turns the machine much screaming ensures escape begins.

everyone escapes on choppers of the mrd taking down everything I believe boom boom and pyro were there.... I think. also someone named dust, -that scene with dust was EPIC-

on a remote location Logan says lay low in 4 weeks or so "they ll stop looking for ya or lose interest in ya." kid begs him to stay to what he replies that he has to go back home anyhow now hank sneaks in on wolvie anyhow they talk and agree things are getting ugly and they must decide for their next move...to what wolverine simply says "we bring back the Xmen"

14. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Saw it on YouTube and it's pretty good

15. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Oh man it was fricking awesome.

All I gotta say is, this is easily the best X-men cartoon ever made. Very Whedon era astonishing, with some very nice voice choices from the past media adventures(including games), and the best elements of all the previous series thrown into a blender with real world and movie world politics. <3

Can't wait till Nickelodeon starts airing this.

Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Within the first 3 minutes, a fan of every series will be giddy from appearances. While it seems to draw on many aspects from the past series and adventures, this is entirely a new universe so far. With only minor hints to the previous. No archangel (it has angel, which means no blue skin, and no metal wings, classics red and white suit) means it does not continue off of the 90s series though, favoring the more roots like Evolution while maintaining the Whedon suggested Astonishing ages. In other words, the teams mostly grown up except for Pryde, Rasputin, Wagner, and Rogue. Some of the youngest or unknown ages from Evolution. Rasputin seems like mid 20. The other 3 seem late teens to early 20s. It also has cameo's from Boom Boom, Pyro, Caliban and more. Pyro and Boom Boom at least, seem rather close to their Evolution type designs only aged to upper teens, early 20s. Pyro though, maintains his more classic 80s Pryde of the X-men / 90s The Animated Series era type accent. With a mildly hinted at past connection to Boom Boom similiar to what Evolution had with her and the brotherhood. Oddly enough, this amalgamation works quite well.

It also maintains some heavy nods to the movie era(Wolverine and Rogue, bobby drake's persona and more), while not being a direct continuation, as Jean and Xavier both play a pivotal role in this as their original incarnations. No ties or mentions of the Phoenix force having happened in this Universe as of yet.
    Just old school 90s era MRD/Trask Sentinel like pushes, reminiscent of the symbology of racial adversity.
    Also of note, there seems to be some heavy symbology behind the interracial married humans that help Wolverine, bearing an even more indepth character driven story point without even having to speak it. Since it was a white collar 'white' glutton who reports wolverine and the family to the MRD. So expect high volumes of decent character driven writing, with subtle symbology, and a massive amount of cameos that don't feel forced at all.

I can't wait for more. Plus it has such a dark realistic edgy approach as if this is a real living breathing world with politics, and not just a mish mash of various comic stories to butcher. This show really makes Wolverine and the X-men its own, and shines phenominally for it.

Wonder if they really will show an alcoholic type Scott Summers, mourning over Jean's death till wolvy snaps him out of it.

And wonder how the white queen's relationship with Scott will grow or remorse it may cause him. I don't expect this show to fear treading that water at all. Unlike the 90s seasons.

Can't wait to see hindsight part 2 next saturday.
    I've been following the trailers for awhile, and all the available info, so I've been giddy about the darker edge to this for awhile. I'm pleased it didn't fail to deliver. With more to come from Rogue playing both sides(the brotherhood and the reforming x-men), to the unfolding mutant human war.

Wonder when we'll see domino finally in too. She'll be in with guns ablazing. =D

Cameos so far have been Dust, Wolfsbane, Caliban, Boom Boom, and Pyro. There may be more with some of the children being new mutants, but none of that was clear yet.
    The intro shows White Queen, Cyclops, Wolverine, Pryde, Iceman, Beast, Rogue, Storm and some others. The intro also cameos Marrow, among some others I couldn't tell yet.
    Nightcrawler, Colossus, and Pryde in the danger room was sweet. =D
    Magneto is in Genosha.

It's pretty much a one year later story after Jean and Xavier's supposed death. I say supposed because Jean is the only one of the two I know is dead for now. Other trailers accidentally ruined where Xavier is now allegedly. Wolverine is about to leave the mansion for an undisclosed time, before he leaves, jean and Charles both get hit by what seems like some form of psychic disturbance that makes them both seemingly explode. All that's left is a crumpled wheelchair, and scorch marks from the explosion and the mansion is in shambles from the explosion as well, pretty much entirely destroyed above ground. It then fast forwards one year, and everyone has gone seperate ways without Xavier to hold them together. Mutant Registration has passed, and mutants are being imprisoned for simply being mutants. Since charles couldn't go to congress to argue against it, and prove his dream. Beast is shown still at the mansion(underground) trying to figure out how both Charles and Jean vanished/died. No clues of radiation, magnetism, or otherwise related reasons. Which means it wasn't the MRD they affectionately call Mardies, or Magneto. So who caused their death and why, is still a mystery even one year later. Which seems like will be the overlying story arc until the newly formed X-men go to Genosha. Right now, the X-men consist of two members, Beast, and Wolverine. All the mutants have been going seperate ways, attempting to make lives for themselves privately without persecution.

MRD = Mutant Registration Department, basicly what may end up being founded by Trask, since they do use his sentinels, or will.

I honestly recommend any fan of X-men to watch this, especially for the epic tragic beginning.
    It also has a feeling of beast retribution. As he was the first mutant captured and imprisoned in the 90s TAS, now he gets to be the mutant setting others free from prison. =D

16. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Pretty cool first episode. I like the tone that this series is setting up to have.

17. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    where on youtube? everything i see is trailers...

wait...nevermind i found it...

18. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Fucking awesome. Loved it.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I only saw parts of it, but it looked cool to me.

20. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I got first qustion is Nightcrawler in it?