wolfboy: series idea

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by mrfang2, Dec 5, 2010.

1. mrfang2

mrfang2 leader of team rejects

News Credits:
    mods move if needed. i have no clue were this should go.

me and some friends have been working on a series to pitch to cartoonnetwork next year and i want some opinions from people who watch alot of cartoons and know what people find realy good in a series.

i have ideas finalized for some of the heros and villans and am working on vehicles, and if you guys like it, finding some voice actors in the comunity here on the site. first off a scene idea for the opening scene in episode 1.

scene 1

fang and electro enter a futureistic (but sort of run down) looking room with a holographic moniter on 1 wall.
    electro: why are we back here again?
    fang: i told you, i found somthing awsome in this old computer!

zoom in on screen

fang: look at the people driving this car!
    the scren looks as if the video was shot on the top of a building
    screen shows a giant robot destroying a building, robot has rocket boosters on its back.a car races out from the back of a building. rubble from the robots distruction litters the road. 2 wierd looking humans are in a car, 1 with a robotic hand converted into a missile shooter/ flame thrower. voice from cars drivers seat. "LIGHT THE CAR!" robot hand guy lights the front of the car on fire. panned out shot of the giant robot being hit by the car, both heros bail out of the car and grab a glowing pice of tech out of the robot as it gets lit on fire from the inside rocket fuel tanks. camra zoom afect in on the two heros. 1 with a robot arm, 1 with a tail and big wolf ears.

electro looks at fang in disbelief

electro: THATS, US???????

fang: right, were in the past, now all we have to do is figure out how.

door to the room colapses, revieling troops with huge guns, two of them grab fang and electro.
    fang: well, looks like the search wont be two long now.
    fang smiles. fade to black.

2. mrfang2

News Credits:
    charactor ideas

1 fang. sort of immature, but when the time for action comes he gets a no nonsence adittude and his energy can spike up to the point him being able to run for 2 hours nonstop (going to be shown in epidoe 2 or 3 were the heros pasts and powers are explored) he is part wolf due to a freak accident while he was exploring the woods after ditching school one day, he was bitten in one of his viens and got wolf spit in his blood, making him turn part wolf(no better ideas)

3. mrfang2

News Credits:
    charactor ideas

2 electro. always has good spirits and is good with working alongside others. used to be one of fangs classmates, and was ditching along with fang when the wolf attacked fang. to protect electro fang pushed him out of the way during the attack. unfortunatly for electro that push made him trip and fall down a steep hill into a road, were he was hit by a truck. after finishing his battle, fang noticed electro and rushed him to a hospital. fang used hospital equipment to build a makeshift robotic prosthesis that saved electros life. after this day they were both outcast from socity and even their own familys left them alone. fang and electro have lived on there own, helping people in anny way they can, ever since that day

4. mrfang2

News Credits:
    if you would like a role, say witch character, and give a good description of what you want to do with the charactor. i know everyone wants personality in cartoon charactors, so heres your chance to completly inject your own heros (or villans) personality!

that said, charactor 3
    tory. as the battle between fang, electro, and the giant robot heats up, a normal human girl is cought in the path of destruction, seeing this in the video, fang and electro have a protstetis suit using an updated version of electros tech. tory is a mostly sidelines hero who usualy stays ant thier base due to the fact that fang and electro are clueless about working todays comuters and stuff, but she is called in whenever 2 heros just isent enough.

5. mrfang2

News Credits:
    now on to the nutrals

takeshi. he is the only one so far with no real side. informs fang and electro of coming threats and in the second episode gives them their base and repairs the car they lit on fire in the video, now equiped with a plow like thing from the front and a glider mode, along with a flip out gattling gun

6. mrfang2

News Credits:
    27 veiws already!?! thats more than most of my threads get in 3 weeks!

villans 1.
    magnorex (pronounced magnoriks)

evil fire demon, signals planet fuse to come to earth in a special fusionfall thing i plan to work into the series, and sends other fire demons after fang and electro.
    he is the only one that i have requirements for the voice, must sound old and raspy, yet threatening.

7. Glennvatron

Glennvatron Member

Thread Looking a little lonely there. Kinda gives off a Ben 10 vibe which is alright except Ben 10 already exists. Reckon you would have to rework how they became who they are a bit, a wolf boy randomly piecing an arm together in a hospital is a little squiffy, where were the doctors?

8. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    One of the worst things you can do is ask for public opinions on an idea for a show that you plan to pitch. If this were a show that somehow got picked up and becomes popular, and it uses ideas provided by someone other than the show runners, they could have potential grounds for a piece of that pie. And if CN ever got wind of a thread like this, your chances of ever being heard would be dropped to zero.

9. Glennvatron

Glennvatron Member

Ssssh I had plans to sue in a few years

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Rather than just plotting out scenes, plot out your series. Design your setting, the rules that the show will have to follow, flesh out your characters, their abilities, motivations, and personalities, and then think about situations to have the characters meaningfully interact with each other inside of these settings. Use drafts, don't just come up with an idea for something and set it in stone. Go back and look at how things fit together, how could they be made to fit better, or fit in a more interesting way? The more detail you can place in the design process, the more you can draw upon in writing the stories you want to tell. Learn about story elements: pacing, suspense, pathos, foreshadowing, etc. and use these elements to make a story that really draws the audience's attention and keeps it for the entirety of the production. Do you want to keep things episodic? Do you want an overarching story? Both have their strengths and weaknesses, and it'll be up to you to work out how you want to use them.

11. mrfang2

News Credits:
    ok, sorry, im just stumped for choices in voice acting and wanted some input on this draft.

mods, delete thread if you want to

12. mrfang2

News Credits:
    good idea, i actualy have a plot out for the series, i just accidently left it on a school computer instead of my usb drive. great ideas, and my thing with the story was actualy going to be episodic, but each episode plays into the next, as if the entire thing were like the tf prime miniseries in the way each episode leads into the next a little

13. mrfang2

News Credits:
    my aim for this was a real, refrence annything show, like megas xlr. if you can tell witch charactor seems ben 10 like and why, i can try to rework it.

the thing with the arm was an afterthougt, the charactor used to be able to control lightning, but i couldent explain that, then he made the arm himself, but it just dident fit with my story. i guess since its the future they probably had a robotic arm prosthesis in the hospital, and fang was a doctor in training, so he had acces to it, and as for ware the other doctors were
    ???? lunch breake???

14. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You're more than welcome to post it. Just know that by looking for input in a publicly viewable forum, where you plan on using the ideas given, you have eliminated the chance of this ever being made. It's just how businesses work and using ideas from this thread and talking about it publicly beforehand could be a potential legal nightmare for a show.

15. mrfang2

News Credits:
    ok, knowing my mind and how persistant i am, i dont think i am abandoning the project, but more than likely changing most of it

16. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Decent idea however the character electro needs a name change because electro is an already existing spiderman villain therefore you could have a law suit on your hands.

17. mrfang2

News Credits:
    yeah, i thought about that, but do they have it trademarked? i remember a laser rod with that name to, and ive heard it in other books and stuff from time to time, so unless i can get this show picked up and the channel says he needs a name change, i think i will be fine. thanks for bringing that to my attention though

18. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Well it depends on the purposes. Say a vaccum c;eaner could be called Iron Man for example,as long as it is not using the likeness of iron man and the name is not used for the same purposes(comic character) they be all set. WIth this scenario I'm not sure, its best to stay on the safe side and use a unique name. If you want I'm a bit of a writer and could put a helping hand in your series.