Wizard Would Philly 2009

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Screamers, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Screamers

Screamers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My personally report on the convention doesn't have to many TF related items, but I did suit up as Soundwave and I believe I was the only Transformer there this weekend.

Wizard World 2009 Report :) 

"We're not Ghosts!!" Tony and Jack dressed up as SpaceBall characters at Wizard world, had a real run in with a ghostbuster ;) 

[​IMG]

As always it was a busy and crazy weekend, but lots of fun as always. As Tony and I met up with friends for Wizard World this weekend. This year though, we not only went Saturday but Sunday as well.

Saturday was spent in cosplay all day, not having the chance to really shop and buy goodies as much. Sunday though.. I went crazy looking through comics. I hadn't found all the comics I wanted, but I did get quite a few.

I got a handful of Tarot: Witch of Black Rose (I know it's more of a man's comic, but I really enjoy reading them and collecting them), a few older Thunder Cat comics (From STAR comics) that I hadn't had, World of Warcraft comics (I don't get into the game.. but I love some of the character designs, so I wanted to read more on them :)  and a few extra DW Transformer comics most I've already had, but with different covers and since they were so cheap.. I had to grab. I also got Tony a ton of ROM comics from the early eighties.

Toy wise I picked up Snake Men's Stratos from the early 2002 He-man line.. Tony picked up some rare Ironman figures that we hadn't been able to find in any of the local stores. As well as a Lazertag helmet mint in box.. I had to try it on last night of course ^^

Anyhow it was a great show and I won third place in the Wizard World costume contest again.. that makes the third year in a role winning, I love to stir up the crowds as a Transformer and believe or not.. I was the only Transformer I saw this year.

One of the best blades ever ^^

[​IMG]

With Anthony Brucale, a friend that had held CyberCon: A Transformers convention in the New Jersey and New York area.

[​IMG]

Plotting world conquest..

[​IMG]

Taking a great with a cool back ground ;) 

[​IMG]

About to take on Snake Eyes as the Baroness.

[​IMG]

Of course he took me on a couple times too ^^

[​IMG]

Tony and Jack had a blast in there SpaceBalls uniforms, posing in a picture with Max Brooks as well (Mel Brooks' son)

[​IMG]

Tony aiming for Jack ^^'

[​IMG]

These SpaceBalls characters are always confused ;) 

[​IMG]

Hanging on my Tony :) 

[​IMG]

Tony with Kitt..very nice car :) 

[​IMG]

A few group shots :) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    My wife and I were there relatively early on Saturday, and I was pretty dissapointed in the lack of TF merch this year. There was plenty of G1 stuff as usual, but that was mostly it aside from a smattering of random figures from recent lines and some overpriced ROTF stuff. Last year, one vendor had a great selection of Henkei, Encore, and older Takara figures, and I was mostly looking forward to that, but alas, either he wasn't there or simply didn't have that stuff with him.

I didn't see many cosplayers either (including your awesome soundwave gear), but I guess that's because we made a quick day out of it this year.

3. Screamers

Screamers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know they hadn't had much to catch my eye either :p  And as far as I know I was the only cosplay TF there.

4. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Here are a few pictures I took on saturday. I knew that transformers were going to be expensive so I didn't even bother getting any. Heck, I found that everything was expenisve. Sorry I can't pay $15.00 for one recent comic. :lol  Still I had good time. For those dealers that do go to Botcon from the east coast. Wizard World is a good place to sell. I'm sure they had aleast 25 thousand fans no?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]