Wives/Girlfriends at Botcon

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Trailbreaker77, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hi this is Trailbreaker's wife and I wanted to organize some activities for the significant others coming to Botcon that may want something more "girlie" to do :) 
    I am a professional beauty consultant and I wanted to do some facial/spa/makeup type things for free in our hotel for anybody who wants to but I wanted to see if there is interest in that. I also thought I would bring some products with me and do a drawing so they can win stuff just like you guys can at the convention. Can anyone check with their wife/gf and see if they want to do it? Or of course the female TF fans as well. That way I can plan some things - probably Thursday night before the movie and Friday sometime because Saturday is the party already. Thanks!
    Joni

2. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    This has to be one of the best ideas I have ever heard. In fact, you may want to get with Fun Pub for next years convention. There needs to be a whole separate list of activities for spouses that aren't into the convention activities.

3. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While I'll be a TF attendee, something other than just geeking would be nice...

And regardless, the Idea is GREAT. i second Primus' suggestion of seeing if something "announced" but unofficial could be organized for future (depending on where next year's BC is, no doubt)... I know of many gals who "don't get" these hobbies their menfolk are into (and vice versa).

4. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heh, my wife could care less for either of those activities! She just tags along w/ me to Botcon b/c she knows it's something I really like to do. I think to be completely honest, she'll be 'at home' in our plush hotel room playing her Nintendo DS when she isn't w/ me.

I should add though that the idea is great...

5. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I was going to Botcon, my girlfriend would have loved that have done that. It's a great idea.

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

This is a great idea and my wife is totally down. She's doing the boating tour on Thursday and the movie in the evening, but would be interested in any plans Fri. to Sun. I'll keep an eye on this thread, but please PM me if you make any specific plans.

7. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

What about husbands/boyfriends?

8. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

This is a seriously awesome idea. I couldn't make it this year, but I know my wife would be into this in future years if you wanted to make it a sort of unofficial experience each year.