With Transformers United ending, does that mean that RTS is not that far behind?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ganjibal Vendef, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Ganjibal Vendef

Ganjibal Vendef Well-Known Member

I know that RTS is larger than United because it includes US exclusive repaints, buw without Takara-Tomy engineering new molds, RTS doesn't seem to have a whole lot going for it unless they just switch to excluively repaints.

2. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

RtS, yes. But Hasbro Reps have been saying for some time now that Generations will run alongside the new movie line.

3. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I think you misunderstand the situation

4. Computer5

Computer5 Well-Known Member

Well that would explain the missing retools. Maybe the retools will be in generations and will be running with the DOTM line?

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Of course. DOTM will replace RTS, which replaced HFTD, which replaced ROTF. We're still getting Generations throughout 2011, so there's no need whatsoever to get worried. Unless we don't get a Trailbreaker this year.

6. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    rts is ending yes, generations is supposed to keep running alongside the movie, but so was animated and universe, so we'll see

7. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Um, no. We knew going into RotF that the Universe line would end. And Cartoon Network cancelled Animated.

8. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    What he said, hasbro qnas leading up to rotf indicated that was the plan.
    Rts is currently the main line, so dotm will replace it. Generations isn't going anywhere.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    RtS was going to end anyways. However since Generations is continuing on for the foreseeable future, there will still be non-movie stuff on the shelves. Could be worse, Generations could have gotten the axe for DotM's release too.

10. alephnull2005

alephnull2005 Banned

Is there any official statement saying Generations will continue running? Just curious if this is on(i.e. press release/interview) or off(i.e. hearsay, pure speculation) the record.

11. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    they were pissed off and butthurt that hasbro was going forward with plans to launch the hub...funny how carrying a competitor's product on your channel is not a good idea when that product adverstises free airtime for your competition's shows...

12. 420bot

420bot ******

Now I was under the impression that RTS is done no matter what, but that Generations would be taking a (hiatus) break while the movie line will be in full swing for the summer, maybe returning in September or just fall 2011 in general. Also I believe that having Generations go on whilst DOTM is happening will make the toys hard to find b/c the movie gets so much attention.

13. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Yeah, RtS is meant to phase into the movie line. We haven't seen or heard anything about a new wave, so I think other than the voyagers and legends that need to make it to America, and the deluxes which need to make it everywhere other than America, RtS is done. Generations will continue.

14. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's UK generations goodness I'm worried about, it's going to suck having to go online to find the toys I want... Oh wait, I have to do that already.

15. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Press release at toyfair I believe.

16. alephnull2005

alephnull2005 Banned

Thanks!

17. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd rather see the Generations line end and RTS continue through 2011. Otherwise it will mean us Europeans will get only get DOTM figures, which I'm not a fan of. :mad 

18. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Not sure what dreamland you are in, but you were ALWAYS going to just get DotM toys this summer, regardless what Hasbro did with its prior toylines.

But to reiterate:
    Reveal the Shield (and the entire "yellow box" line) is going to effectively be done this spring and will be replaced by the toyline for the third Transformers film.

Hasbro PLANS to continue Generations (the deluxe only red cards) through the year, but we'll see how that turns out when retailers start getting movie stuff.

19. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    It needs to be pointed out that anything Hasbro says means little to nothing. Plans change over there in an instant. It has happened time and time again. If Takara says United is done, I'm going to take that to mean newly sculpted classics toys are effectively done for the year and move on. Also keep in mind that Hasbro classifies some movie toys as classics in their minds, such as Bludgeon and Seaspray. Takara is apparently much more strict.

20. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, if we get stuff I think its gonna be repaints, at least until Takara relaunches the series...if they do that is :-(