Heavy/Scratch: With these two arms, I will lift up a new empire on to my shoulders. WIP, ROTF Mega.T

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by UnicronFTW, Aug 7, 2011.

1. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Everyone else has done it... why not me?
    I had three problems with Megatron. One huge arm on the the right that couldn't move, and and small arm on the left that moved. And he had no articulation in the head.
    I set out to make his right arm articulated, and to give him a new right arm with a semi-accurate hand with fingers. I gave him head articulation by simply cutting a peg off from the inside.
    He's not done yet, which is sad because I started on him long before my other projects. Since he was pretty much my first heavy build, I made my share of mistakes. Not to mention I didn't have a dremel at the time. So... it's not my best work, but I'm pretty happy with it. I need to fix his right arm at the shoulder though, since part of it broke, and while I fixed it to where it actually stays attached, it is Hella loose.
    Parts used:
    ♦ 07 movie Barricade leg. For left arm.
    ♦ 07 Movie Scorponok. Arm joint used for elbow in right murder arm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Evil'Con

Evil'Con Genericon

News Credits:
    Great idea.

3. Bumblebee2008

Bumblebee2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very good idea!! I particularly like the use of Barricade's leg to replace Megatron's tiny arm!! Look forward to seeing this finished!!

4. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Well, the idea of modifying this figure is hardly new... but if you mean it was a good idea using the parts I used or the way I used them, then thank you, the compliment is appreciated. :) 

You know, I was lookinh through my parts box, and I was at a loss of what to use, and then I saw Barricade lying there with a broken pelvis and it just hit me... It's probably not the most accurate method, but it's at least effective. And all it took to get it to fit was shave down the joint a bit. And voila. I'm suprised at how well it worked.
    But now I need to figure out a hand. Oh joy.