With the transformers spoilers, imagine if the original star wars triogy was made now

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by megatron6661, May 6, 2011.

1. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

I was thinking, with the spoilers for DOTM coming out and the possible twist. Imagine if PPL revealed the twist in empire strikes back on the forum's like this one. How would PPL react to knowing in advanced, that darth vader was luke's father before watching the film what would you do.

2. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    ya i would be mad. imo that is the biggest twist in movie history

3. The Swordsman

The Swordsman The REAL hero of Hyrule

News Credits:
    It would be less "HOOOLLLYYY FF**********K DARF VADER IZZ HIZ FATHAAA!!!!" and more "Yup, founded out about it on SWW2005 seven months ago. Looks like you tried to pull an M Night Shyamalamadingdong on us."

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

In many ways it was so much nicer back in the old days when a movie was released before comic books, novels, and toy packaging could spoil everything.

5. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Beat me to it.

Man, movies were a much more memorable experience back then.

I guess everything has a drawback: We gain information, but WE GAIN INFORMATION.

6. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

well if they were made today in chronological order, then vader being luke father wouldn't be a big reveal (to the audience). George Lucas was a genius for taking on the number 5 to empire strikes back. but that wouldnt be revealed on the internet, Lucasarts is too damn secretive about everything.

7. Overlord Balder

Don't be so sure of that [even Michael "Misinformation Master" Bay and Marvel Enteirnament had leaked information...], Internet has become insanely powerful.

Not even Lucasarts is now safe from our fury.

*puts a black cape* Gentlemen, the world will soon be ours.

8. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    WHAT VADER IS LUKE'S FATHER!? GODDAMNIT USE SOME SPOILER TAGS!

Ahem... but back on topic... it's just a matter of will, and not having jerks for friends. Imagine the dudes who didn't go to see Empire Strikes Back the first day but still didn't want to be spoiled, even without comic adaptations and widespread internet, they had to be pretty careful...

9. Ash from Carolina

I totally agree. In some ways information is a really wonderful thing because we can find out that Dark of the Moon seems to have a more complex and deeper plot that the previous films. On the down side it would have been cooler to find out all the cool stuff watching the movie instead of it being leaked months in advance.

10. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

I cannot find the vid of the simpsons, but I loved when homer simpson reveals the empire strikes back twist, for all the die hard star wars fans.

I can't believe Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father

11. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    This ^

But only we were spoiled because TFW is a big transformers community. Normal movie-goers, who know nothing about the movie will be mind f*cked by that major twist in DOTM.

12. Overlord Balder

Thank God I didn't read those spoilers [EXACTLY because I was feeling that I was reading too much spoilers in the past few years, so I decided to not read in honor of the Transformers franchise].

I guess it will be worth it.

Well, they and me, hehe.

13. cnic

cnic Decepticon

Lol at the thought of having the internet back in the 70's

14. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    If Star Wars came out in the internet era, it would not be a classic trilogy. Much of the magic of movies today is ruined by spoilers and leaks.

15. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

well since george lucas only shoots on location (nowadays) for Naboo and Tatooine, and both sites are international, it is highly possible that he could keep stuff secret.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ha ha, and Lucas seemed a bit more creative before CGI so I don't know if the series would be as classic.

17. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember reading that when they filmed the scene of the confrontation, and they had David Prowse delivering the lines on set, they had him say something like, 'Obi-Wan killed your Father.' That was their way to throw anyone listening off-balance, since James Earl Jones would be providing the voice afterwards.

I can imagine the internet age going all agog with that, 'Old Ben was a freaking liar! We know who really killed Luke's Father!'

Next thing you know, people would have been sending off angry letters to Alec Guinness about playing such a two-faced, irresponsible liar of a character.