With the new movie coming out...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by butz, Jul 1, 2006.

1. butz

butz slippery when wet

I'm thinking that with the new movie coming out, it will soon be the time to pimp out all things Transformers- obviously figures from Hasbro would be one of the key areas of TF merchandising. Do you guys think that this might be the perfect opportunity to finally release the U. Piranaking set, perhaps in the new "Classics" packaging?? Yeah, the Seacons won't actually be in the movie, but with the TF's first live action, summer blockbuster coming up, do you think all the major retailers are going to pass up on another TF themed release?
    Plus, with a relatively short cast of characters for the movie, this would be an excellent way to mix things up a little- give you some extra TF figures that weren't actually in the film to beef up your Decepticon forces.
    From what we've heard in the past, the U. Seacons are waiting on deck. Hasbro wants to release them, but in the past couldn't find anyone to pick them up- short of working them into whatever the next series is, wouldn't this be the best time to get them out there, as a fun little extra?
    Let me know what you guys think.

2. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

This would be an opportune time to release the Seacons. I prefer the original colors, but that's all accoring to taste. My G1 Piranacon has problems with the tight springs in one of his shoulders. I still don't know if I'd buy the new version though.

3. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Well, I don't know about the Seasons (the toy looks odd but I like the animated version) but I would like to see the old toys in the shlves again.
    Something like that my never happen but I like the idea.

4. butz

butz slippery when wet

They were pretty close to getting a release as a Walmart exclusive before, but got dumped. At the time there was already a crap load of TF figures on the shelf, and Energon wasn't really doing much to keep the fire going, so I can understand why things didn't work out then. With the movie coming up, they'd want to get as much TF stuff out there as they can- and if they still got these guys on deck, it seems like a perfect time.
    Kinda surprised Skowl and Kickback haven't jumped on this yet- they're usually first on the scene when anything to do with the U. Seacons come up.

5. Viper_486

Viper_486 Cobraaa!

Personally I am really looking forward to seeing what kinda stuff they do put out.
    And if they do release the Seacons as TF Movie pimpage, (this *is* perfect timeage, with all the hype) I'll *definately* be buying 2 sets.

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I could easily be wrong, But I'd guess any TF toys and merchandise that aren't directly attached to the movie will be G1 and/or Classics related, to capitalize on the nostagia factor the movie might kick up.

7. Viper_486

Viper_486 Cobraaa!

We can hope, Feralstorm.

Although as long as I like the particular figure I see, I'll gladly take *any* TF goodness that comes my way, be it critters, vehicles, or kitchen appliances. :D 

8. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Stuff I've never had a chance to get, but would love to see out there:

Desert Storm Combaticons
    Universe Constructicons
    Universe Seacons

9. Wheels

Wheels Cammy's Boy Toy

I'm in agreement with Viper. Any and all TF goodness will, like all others in the past, go through my own personal approval phase, before I buy the toys, including the U. Seacons, which for the most part has already passed, I'm just waiting for them to release those darns things now. And I'm not a patient man. ;) 

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Which U. Constructicons are we talking about here?

11. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I think the ones he means are the green repaints of the RiD figures. They were hard to find, for repaints.

As for movie-hype type releases, I'd like to see some boxed set re-releases of past figures. I'm talking about boxed sets of repainted Aerialbots Vs. Stunticons, E. Omega Supreme Vs. U. Constructicons, etc.

12. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Correct; those are the ones...

the re-paint of the build team.

13. butz

butz slippery when wet

Those things just vanished in my area; glad I snagged them when I did.