With all the good stuff on the horizon, What's got you the most excited?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by artiepants, Jun 8, 2006.

1. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    seems like there is A LOT of TF goodness coming in the next 12 months, Classics, Titanium 6", MP03 and 04, new mold alts, Movie toys, the movie itself... what's upcoming that your the most jacked about?

I think Masterpiece Starscream is number one on my hit parade, with the Titanium War Within figures a close runner up.

...and Mirage...

2. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Having sex with my wife tonight, and probably a couple more times by Sunday.

3. artiepants

News Credits:
    smart@$$:thumb 

4. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Titanium figures coming. :) 

5. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Classics. All of them we've seen so far, except Bumblebee look awesome, and even he ain't too bad.

6. butz

butz slippery when wet

Classics, followed by 6" titaniums, followed by finally finding the BW 10th Megs and Primal. Might get MP Screamer if I can swing it by then, but not really enthusiastic about it at this point. The Classics line is the main thing I'm looking forward to, far more than any of the rest of that stuff though.

7. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

:rolleyes2 

Really was that necessary?

For me personally I say

1)TF Classics
    2)Transformable Titanium figures;sorry I don't know which size range of Titaniums are the transformable ones

I can't decide on the movie figs as I haven't seen any designs

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    The only things I care about now are the classic toys. No matter how hard I try, I just cant get interested in anything in the cybertron line. I'm getting bored with alternators as well.

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Classics! I'm going to buy mutiples of them! One to display in robot mode, the other in their alternate mode!

10. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    1. Classics line
    2. Masterpiece Starscream
    3. Titanium

I'll reserve judgement on movie toys and movie until we see more.

11. artiepants

News Credits:
    wow. BBs my personal fave. (i think Starscream and Hot Rod are pretty sub-par)

12. artiepants

News Credits:
    not even Crosswise and Downshift? They look like they'd be right at home in the Classics.

kinda surprised no ones mentioned Primus...

13. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I too am looking forward to Voiceroy having sex with his wife.

But I dig Titaniums too.

14. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Let's see:

Classics: This is the line I'm most looking forward to right now. Even with all the super hype that was around the line before we really got anything concrete... this line is pretty much what I've wanted in a mainline for the last couple of years. Hopefully it sticks around a little longer than two waves of toys.

Titanium: Not too keen on the non-tfing TFs in the 3" format, but the 6" figures will be mine! All the WWI stuff coming to us is pure love and Megatron is an interesting concept if oddball choice being an alternate version of an alternate version... As for the wave three figs... if Scourge is G1 I'll be pretty happy and Optimal Op has me at least curious if not excited.

MP03 and 04: Couldn't care less to be honest. I'm really not interested in Prime with a trailer as I don't display my trailers unless they combine with him. It's just dead weight to me personally, but it's nice for all you fanboys that have been screaming for one. MP Screamer... I'm a little more excited about him, but I'm still not sure I want to waist the money on him. He may seem superior to alot of other stuff we're getting, but I consider him and MP Prime to be on the high end of things and the fact that Takara/Tomy is trying to make an ongoing line out of something so expensive simply doesn't get me excited at all. Especially if there isn't going to be Hasbro versions of these things... not really interested in putting myself in debt over this hobby as I've seen others do.

Alternators: I'm really not that excited by this line anymore, because for every awesome toy that gets unveiled (Mirage & Rumble) we get a curve ball or two that makes no sense. That and I'm quickly getting tired of the non-remolded repaints in a supposed collectors line. Sure, I try to stay optimistic abou the line, but that doesn't mean I'm overly excited by it anymore either.

Movie Toys: I'm reserving judgement until I see something from these. Right now it's all just speculation.

Cybertron: I am still excited to finish this line off even if most of what's left is just repaints as I find most of the repaints coming to be stellar IMO.

15. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

Possible new Alts (including possible Megs)
    Masterpeice Starscream
    Movie Stuff

16. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    :redface2:  u no there might be kids here like me but for me classic followed by titaim, primus

17. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Seconded.

Hopefully movie toys will be on the horizon as well. Can't have a TF movie without toys. And I don't mean action figures for the humans.

18. thomas maximus

thomas maximus Well-Known Member

Theres a masterpiece starscream?!?!?! is it made by takara or hasbro?
    NEways i love the new classics....
    If nebody has information about the masterpiece starscream can they plz send a pic or something
    Thanks

19. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    ...yeah. I'll go with that. QFT.

20. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

Then I'll really blow your mind: other people besides Voiceroy and his wife have sex too. Don't tell your mom.

Uh, ok. Sure, I'll bite. Well, the first page of the news forum has a link to the ehobby site with pics. You could also try these from the third page of the news forums. http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT71889

Or you could have run a Google search for "masterpiece starscream". The number one result brings you to the preorder page for Big Bad Toystore.

Getting back to the original question, there are two main things that interest me: story and cool toys. Ideally I like a line to be made up of awesome toys and to be "complete" to an extent - IE Alternators doing all the 84-85 cars. If I knew that only the waves we know of Classics and Titanium were the ones to be produced, I'd be significantly less psyched.

So, in this order of interest:
    Potential additions to the Alts line
    MP03 and 04
    Classics - could have been first place, but Megatron's color scheme is horrible. Painting the green plastic on the underside of the wings would have helped a lot. A leader figure that's not up to snuff or will need to be modded brings down the whole line for me.
    WWI 6" Titanium - These could move up the line too. I'll have to get one in my hands to know, though.