With all the debating of TF Movie toys, let's focus on another upcoming movie...

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Cy-Kill, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Cy-Kill

Cy-Kill Slackers unite...tomorrow

TMNT!

Or to be more specific, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.....toys that is.

http://photos.figures.com/photo/1/showgallery.php?cat=4547

I wasn't planning on buying these anyway, but I'm a little unimpressed anyway. I don't know, to me the toys don't really reflect the darker style of the movie preview (I know I can't base a movie on a preview, but still it's enough to get a taste). The 4 turtles look very similar to their CGI counterparts, but I was hoping the other characters would have a more realistic look to them (looking at you, April). But I guess it is technically an animated movie, so I can't be too bummed out!

So what I can gather, the movie revolves around aliens or something? That seems to be the majority of previewed figures, anyway. Anyone know the plotline?

Oh Turtle Van, what have they done to ye? I enjoy the classic look, but what's up with the giant turtle head on top?

Anyway, thought people might enjoy!

2. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They are quite odd I admit. The worst thing about the Turtles themselves that I can see is that their heads don't seem to match the same color of their bodies. Hopefully that will be changed by the release.

I'd like to have them, just because I'm insane and I want everything ever, but they certainly don't register in my "must have" category.

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me, the most glaring fault is that the eyes seems quite far apart from each other...especially the one with Leonardo.

4. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    The van looks silly with the head. I might consider getting the gang, as I remeber I only have Leonardo and Rafael(hope I get the name right) when I was small but missing.

5. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I will most likely see the movie but as far as the toys go I'm passing.

6. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the revamp of the 4 Turtles that came out a few years ago, but everything since has been mediocre. I still have the 4 along w/ Usagi Yojimbo, but that's it - I cut it off there. After view these pics, doesn't appear I'll buy any of the movie figs either - though the movie does look good.