With a new series and another new movie in the next year...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Mospeada, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    ...what do you think the chances are we could finally see RID box sets in Region 1? Since Bayformers 07 Cybertron and Energon got box sets, and G1 got re-released. Where's the RID love, rights-holders? (Disney/Jetix?)

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    As long as the rights are in limbo with two partially competing companies, I wouldn't hold your breath.

3. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How about... dare I speak its name... Animated Season 3?!?!

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

As much as I would love a RID box set -- as well as Animated season 3 -- I doubt it'll happen anytime soon.

5. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Sadly, this. I would love both RID and TF:A season 3 to get released. Somebody make it happen and you've got my money!

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I would absolutely love to see RID get released on DVD (Animated Season 3 can wait for it's turn), but I have a hard time seeing it happen anytime soon. If anything it's more likely to happen when Transformers is in a bit of a lull than it is when the brand is more active (aka Disney is, imo, only going to let go of it when there appears to be no reason to hold onto it).

7. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Unless Disney sells its rights to RID or how ever that works out it not likely to happen ever, which is sad.

8. Skyquake87

Skyquake87 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wish the situation would be somewhat reversed in the UK. I'd like a Region 2 release for Beast Wars, rather than an endless set of releases and repackagings for RiD. I'd like Animated Season 3 too, I'm disappointed Hasbro have nixed any potential release of that. Not suprising, I suppose, given that the line failed to live up to expectations. I guess this means we wont get a an Animated Almanac vol 2 either, if Hasbro is wanting to quietly bury Animated.

9. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
  10. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

it would be nice i'd save the money to buy both.

11. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Why do people insist that Animated was cut due to failure??

Didn't Wyatt recently say ratings and toy sales were good?

My understanding is the only thing that killed Animated was circumstances that had nothing to do with the actual show.

Give me Season 3...and RID that one is a long overdue. Don't people lose rights after a while if they don't use the property?

Thanx
    Transbot90210

12. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I've noticed that a lot of RiD fans also love Animated. I know I'm that way.

13. Skyquake87

Skyquake87 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Its just my perception, I guess. In the UK, Animated was buried on satelite and didn't arrive with much of a fanfare over here. The tie-in comic only lasted three issues (compared with the LAM comic, which is still going strong). As the Animated Franchise lasted little over a year, it doesn't stike me as a runaway success. And would Hasbro have nixed it if sales were 'good' ? Perhaps they weren't good enough in comparrison with the phenomenal sales of the Movie toys. It was a great idea, but perhaps the timing was wrong.

Plus, I'm sure I read in one of them Q & A things that Hasbro have no plans to release season 3 "in the foreseeable future" (you'll notice that Hasbro directly released Animated on DVD, rather than someone like Universal or Jetix/Fox).

By the way, I'm not saying you're wrong. You're probably right, but if Hasbro don't think it'd be worth their while releasing Season Three, and the final few toys have limped out after a lengthy delay as store exclusives, it hardly shows that its done good business. I'm sure initial "trukk not munky" style reactions didn't help either.

14. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    You're somewhat right, its not so much that Animated didn't sell well or wasn't successful, etc., the problem is that Animated was designed as a way for Hasbro to hedge their bets if the 1st movie wasn't a smash hit. Unfortunately for Animated, the movie did very well, so Hasbro chose to structure its resources for TF in a way that pretty much put all of its effort into ROTF. Thus, there simply wasn't room to give Animated the same treatment, and it sort of fell by the wayside.

15. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder WTF Hasbro was thinking when they handled over the rights to f*ckin' Disney.
    I dunno about RID, but you can find the Car Robots DVDs anyway.

Takara waited 14 years to release Victory and Masterforce for the first time. Right now, I'm more worried about BW2 and BW Neo DVDs as they're already 12 years old.

16. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    It was more like "Saban had the rights to RiD, Saban ended up being bought by Disney". The thing to remember is that Hasbro isn't a production company, they hire production companies to do their shows, and regionalization. In the case of R.I.D., it was Saban (likely a timing issue due to the abandonment of Transtech), just like how it was Actas/Voicebox for Armada, and Cartoon Network for Animated.

17. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Where can you find the Car Robots DVDs?? I've never been able to find them either. I got a Region 0 Italian RiD DVD on Ebay once, but could never find Car Robots.