wireless router question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zzeezz, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

hey guys ,
    I'm trying to set up a linksys wireless router so that I can connect to the internet with my psp. It will work for a while, but then I get a dns error and I cant connect anymore. Turning off the router will correct the problem, but is there something causing this to happen that I can fix?

2. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    I don't know much about wireless router but do have a linksys wirelss router. I actually don't use it cause I was told by a cable guy that it's easy to access by outsides and that you can hack it very easily. You might want to find some sort of protection.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Try changing the channel on the router, you could also try setting it up for a static IP.

There's quite a few things you could do - experiment.

4. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I use a Linksys WRT54G wireless router myself and had a similar problem trying to set it up to work with a laptop. I would have to clear and then refresh the IPs every time I booted the laptop in order to connect to the router. Try setting up the encryption (I use 128-bit) and use a static IP so that it won't change the settings. Megamoonman has got the idea!