Wired Presents "The 12 Most Ridiculous Transformers of All Time"

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Voiceroy, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    :lol  Pretty funny article. If you don't take it seriously and considering the tone of the writing I don't. Seriously, some people on this board seriously need to pick the sand out of their undies.

Also, of note, I'd say that this guy accomplished exactly what he set out to do... piss off a few geeks on the net. Nerd rage is very funny to watch. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised as someone who's worked with both the local newspaper and a couple of magazines if this guy's only intent was to stir the hornet's nest and see the reaction. Sometimes it's just about the response... good or bad... and, well, bad seems to go farther doesn't it?

I mean, if everyone agreed with this list the thread probably would have died out after about three or four pages, but the Internet nerd rage will keep this going and going and this nameless guy will keep getting more hits on his little article for every person that looks at it as they come into this thread to see what the nerdgasm is about. I love it. :D 

2. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    If one is going to claim one's self enough of an authority on Transformers to create such a list, it is imperative that one at least be familiar enough with the comic to acknowledge its existence. Surely the comic is more well-known among Americans than Japanese characters that have never even been released here....

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Nah, he just wanted the easy Breastmaster and Tanuki=WTF jokes.

For my money, Star Wars nerdrage is far more entertaining anyway. Talk about the unwashed masses!

4. BumbleVeeNH

BumbleVeeNH SER-Bot

Ebay:
  5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
  6. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    12 most Ridiculous Transformers

I love the search function, the search function is my friend :D 

7. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
  8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
  9. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Edited.

10. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Merged the two new threads with yesterday's. Carry on.

11. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I love how some people get so mad about his list. I think his article is hilarious and he does have some good points on some of them.

12. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    I'd call this guy a GEEWUNNER if the list wasn't mostly made up of G1 characters.

While I agree with Frenzy, I don't see why most of the others are on that list.

13. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Wow, that list is soooo stooooopid. And how dare they put Waspinator on the list?! :lol 

14. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Heh, I thought it was actually quite funny. Shockwave is a bad ass, as we all know, but when you think about it...he's kinda at a disadvantage. I mean, what if he couldn't hover in alt mode? I mean...that's gotta suck.

"I WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD! ...just as soon as someone gives me a hand. Literally. Hey you! Purple seeker guy! Yeah you, could help me here? Thanks pal. You know what...I realize that you're one of many countless drones, but you're a-ok with me Jerry. Yeah...Jerry's a good name...."

Of course this guy isn't going to "get" it like we do, and even if he does, he "gots ta be frontin'" so he doesn't show off his inner geek too much.

I look at it this way...while it's true that TF as a whole has a rich history, a huge following, and excellent writers giving it enough depth to be considered legitimate...it's still a preposterous idea all around. Once I let that sink in, and enjoyed them for what they are (fun escapism, really nothing more, nothing less)...I was able to have a sense of humor about the whole thing.

Seriously, if you can't laugh at yourself (or your interests)...are you really having any fun?

15. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Basically...
    [​IMG]

16. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Why take it so seriously blah blah blah..."

I would totally agree if this was a funny, well written, and whitty article. He pointed out some humorous things here and there, but it just fell flat and sounded almost like someones excuse to bash something he didn't understand but is popular at the moment. I'm sure if I had a job writing articles online somewhere and they wanted me to make a list of things that seemed stupid about Power Rangers or Pokemon, well, a half hour with google and I'm sure I would have made a power ranger/pokemon equivalent article.

I enjoy good satire. My belief is that this was not.

*argh look at me jamming away at my keyboard being all upset rawr*

17. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Exactly.

18. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

Ummm...maybe it doesn't have to do with being "serious" at all. Maybe some people are doing what that guy did and simply speaking their minds. If he's going to post his opinions in a public medium, those who disagree or think what he's wrtten is crap are entitled to give their opinion as well.

Personally, I wasn't amused with what he said. Heinlad (a tanuki, not a racoon) was the only one that was a little funny. The rest...meh.

C'mon, when you got TFs like:

Wheelie
    Pretenders
    RID Bruticus
    Bots named Erector and Banzaitron
    Hell, Transformers who don't transform

...you can go anywhere with those, but this guy goes after bots like Kup, Arcee, Waspinator, and Shockwave? How cliche. Yawn.

19. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Cliche? The world and his wife cracks jokes about how crap Wheelie is, how Erector is a dodgy name, Action Masters, etc. Made a change to me to see someone calling Transformers on how lame Arcee and Kup were.

20. Mastergeorge

Mastergeorge I should burn my wallet.

News Credits:
    What no wheelie?