Wired Presents "The 12 Most Ridiculous Transformers of All Time"

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Voiceroy, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

The stuff he says about Frenzy is so true it is funny.

2. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    You didn't explain why you think Kup has no charm but Ironhide does. I feel the other way around. If an unexplained opinion truly is worthless, then shouldn't it just be ignored, rather than jumping on someone for having the worthless opinion?

3. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I can't explain why Kup lacks charm because it's something he doesn't have. There is no way to explain that any more clearly. I can explain that Ironhide has charm because of his various actions, Peter Cullen's voice acting, etc.

Similarly, if I agree with someone, I don't need to explain why. The guy who wrote this article explained his choices. Me explaining why I agree would consist of me repeating everything he said. The burden is on the people who disagree to explain why he's wrong. That way we can get a meaningful discussion going, instead of a playground you're-wrong-no-you-are tediumfest.

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Meh - It's the same standard 'casual cartoon knowledge says ha ha that's stupid' thing we've seen over and over, though I will admit the Movie Frenzy bit I found funny. Of course, these lists are intended for people with the same slight knowledge of past TF stuff, not knowledgeable/obsessive folk who can actually dispute the article.

Biggest (small) annoyance I had was the whole thing starts out with "TF Animated is lame" and sets up the usual false impression that Transformers didn't exist at all between 1987 and 2006 - and then includes Victory, BW, RiD and more in their list.

5. loudstone

loudstone Artobot

Yeah, that really annoyed me, and got the article off to a bad start (as in, my opinion of it was already jaded by the openening). Telling your kid their show is lame is total fail. And he never once explained what he thought was lame, besides to say that it was "obvious". Nice. Regardless of how I agreed and disagreed with him on various parts after that, he just came off as a jerk, IMHO.

He never REALLY explained why Waspinator was lame. He compares him to Kenny, thus implying that maybe he realized this was an intentional running gag, but never explains how that was lame. Expecting your readers to just see things your way if fail for a blog someplace like wired.

And as pointed out before, some things like Cosmo's alt mode are easily explained.

That said, some are right on. But a little more research, a little more explanation, and a better attitude would have helped a lot.

6. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's just entertaining satire folks, nothing to get bunched-up about. We've all seen articles written about TFs where the writer had far LESS knowledge/insight into the toys & characters than this guy does. And frankly, he succeeds in touching on a lot of things that the fandom has discussed/debated for YEARS. So he hasn't read the Marvel comics; most people reading that article haven't, either.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Reading that was time wasted, for sure. I guess you don't have to do research to write articles nowadays, and I can accept that at some times if the Article is funny, or has other informative points, but this didn't.

8. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That bugs me too, mostly because when it comes to articles like this, it feels like the author is doing it almost entirely to score cheap street-cred with the kewl readers. And get all like "omigawd I'm sooooo cynical it's unreal".

9. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I only agree about Kup and perhaps the Breastforce. Other judgments I deem unfair IMHO.

10. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    No Wheelie, no Retrax, no Twin Twist, the whole thing stinks of poor research. Heinlad is probably the only one that really makes sense on that list.

11. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    "HURF DURF I read about Deszaras and he has "breast" in his subgroup name HAW HAW DURPADURRRR". Deszaras will kill you until you are fucking DEAD. He doesn't belong anywhere NEAR a list like this.

12. Detour

Detour TFWiki.net, use it!

News Credits:
    My reply to him, copy-pasted from his commentsbox:

13. RedHeadKevin

RedHeadKevin Well-Known Member

I agree that this list needed Wheelie, Twin Twist, but how can anyone not say that Reflector was kinda useless. IN the early episodes of the series, he (all 3 of him) did nothing but provide filler as background Decepticons, and seemed to multiply into hundreds of 1/3 cameras when the scene called for it.

Unless Reflector was an analogy for the Holy Trinity...3 beings that while separate, are one....

14. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

Hey, he got Dr. Alcazar's access code and alerted Megatron to Autobot Spike. He also successfully tested the space bridge. How many other Decpeticons can boast that they NEVER failed Megatron? He didn't do MUCH, but he wasn't exactly useless either :wink:  He just had th ebad luck of Hasbro stifling his push.

15. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Fairly humorous but dear me those comments are depressing. Wow, some people just take everything as total serious business.

Oh sweet Jesus that was you?

I also left a comment. See if you can find it!

16. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I'll bet he cries himself to sleep tonight, knowing that "the fandom" (whatever the fuck THAT is) disagrees with him. "Oh no," he'll think, "Sweaty internet nerds think I'm wrong. How will I ever cope? Oh, maybe by realising that I have a child, and therefore can make myself at least reasonably attractive to women, whereas they will never know the tender touch of a woman they haven't paid." Something along those lines anyway. :tongue: 

17. newguy

newguy i

They fail at life

18. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

aah most of those i like. :( 

19. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Every time someone posts an article like this, way too many people take it WAAYYYY too seriously.

20. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Well..that was stupid...
    DN