Heavy/Scratch: WIP - Yep - Another ROTF Optimus Prime - But he's mine

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by neurosync, Aug 28, 2009.

1. neurosync

neurosync Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wip - rotf nightwatch prime

*UPDATED IMAGES 02/09/09* Blades coloured and other weathering. 3 stars? come on! lol.

*NEW ADDED CHROME STACKS*

Still much to do on this guy,.. however he has been completely apart *apart from the chest pieces which just plain stumped me, couldn't bring myself to heat those pins out for fear of complete failure, sanded down mold seams *as many as I could find, especially the garish CE embossing*, Optimus Primed him, chromed him with chromy paint through airbrush, *with a couple of small bits yet to tweak, namely on his chest hinges, and have so far done a couple of clear blue parts on him over the chrome for metallic finish look *with thanks to "bombatron" for his tips :D *

Anyways, let know what you guys think,.. he's now my 5th custom repaint and i'm lovin every second of it all :D 

Theres much to be done to him yet,.. my plans will gradually reveal themselves :D 

Attached Files:

2. neurosync

Ebay:
    They keep gettin better these forums,... 129 views and not a single response? Is there an "IN" crowd here with regard to members that I don't know about? :p  Or is it just because you're sick of looking at Primes? Or is it because you just don't rate anything I have done here? Something, anything, life, anyone? Comments or anything is appreciated,... come on guys,...gals,... throw me a bone!

3. Hakka

Hakka Well-Known Member

Looking good mate.

If you want to remove those chest pieces to get in behind them you can use a small flathead screwdriver. Put it in the slot and twist gently, the plastic tab should pop out very easily. Once its out sand the tab lightly so it can go in and out without the screwdriver. The top mount looks like a pin but it just pops off.

I don't think its an in crowd, I've posted a lot of customs some get 100 views and no replys, others have been 10 from 10. There does seem to be an overload of Primes on here lately.

You're better off posting your thread on a Monday, people have plenty of time to comment when they're at work. I've posted a few on a weekend and they get plenty of views but no replies.

Hakka.

4. neurosync

Ebay:
    Cheers for that Hakka i'll give that a go.

As for the crowd on here,.. well someones managed to rate my work here with a 1 star,.. nice eh, especially considering that they didn't have the balls to make any comment at all.

Theres obviously decent guys on here, but I think theres a lot of people here who just couldn't give a damn about anyone new trying to develop their new hobby and would much prefer to put them down. It's that that is really making me feel like never posting my work here again. Makes me feel like just keeping it to myself and my friends.

Disappointing,....

5. Andrew28b

Andrew28b Nemesis custom

I totally agree with you on that part, but i really like this wip. i always liked what airbrushing can do, but could never afford it. keep it up!

6. neurosync

Ebay:
    Cheers man. Unfortunately i've had a major airbrush malfunction today :S But I refuse to leave this alone,.. i've been using hand brushes now,.. lol. The show must go on I guess.

*I've updated the pics in main post*

7. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Damn. He looks good so far. He's gonna be badass. That last pic of him looks like he's going "Ole!"

8. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

Cool!

9. petes2177

petes2177 the poowrr?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love looking at custom Primes and I've never seen anyone do this before. Very unique repaint :B

10. neurosync

Ebay:
    Hahahaa! I totally see that! Cheers man for the comment and hell that pic makes me laugh now :D :D :D 

Thankyou!

Glad you took out the time to comment :D  I was gonna be doing the red on him,.. but i'm really actually liking him this way somewhat,..hmmm,.. what to do what to do?!,.. It's either He goes red n blue as per the Prime we all know,.. oooor I could go more for the Nightwatch scheme,.. hmmm,... Oh and if you didn't realise,.. I don't plan much, I prefer to just go with the flow as I go along,.. it's more fun that way :D  Thanks :D 

11. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    This is lookin' good so far. The application of the metallic blue looks pretty clean. Hope you can keep it up even without the airbrush. :thumb 

Also, people may not have commented on your post immediately for many reasons. Some of them, I presume, just don't have anything better to say than "This looks good" or "Great work here". It does get pretty repetitive typing in these same things with all the threads (especially the WIPs) when you don't really have any constructive tips or criticisms to add to it. Also, we get a ton of people coming in who are not registered members, just checking stuff out.

It doesn't mean that people are trying to put you down or that they don't like your work, so keep your cool and just keep bashing. :) 

12. neurosync

Ebay:
    Thanks Mampy. I've had diabolical nightmares with him today which is unfortunately forcing me to keep this as a robot mode only figure,.. which is kinda devastating,.. but yeah,.. airbrush yesterday,.. and everything else today,.. hopefully no more issues :S It would appear that my clear coat blue even with extra clear layers on top just can't take any touching with anything else,.. haven't had these problems with my other figures, so i'm blaming the clear colours for this now,.. lol. Yeah so,.. much work to do bringing this guy back into the nice shape he was in yesterday,.. *sigh*

Other than that, everything else you've said is noted ;)  Will update images again when i've fixed this hell,.. lol.

13. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    ^ What clear blue are you using? In my experience it is pretty difficult getting an even finish from the Gunze sangyo clear acrylics I brush with. But it's very important to resist the temptation to use thicker/more coats. :)  You have to stick to multiple light coats, but not too many of them as well. Give it a week or so to cure and you should be set.

14. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

he is starting to look really cool

15. neurosync

Ebay:
    Cheers man,.. he's been updated :D 

Hey again Mampy, The clear colours I use currently are Tamiya Acrylics. And yeah, I think it may be down to my hasty thicker coats, and yeah, good ol week long patience wouldn't go a miss. lol.

I've added three new images of my project here in my main post. Basically, this is now Nightwatch Prime. I don't believe I've seen one round these parts with the newer figure,.. if there is one anywhere, then point to it so I can have a look-see! :D 

Still a a bit to do yet, but he's getting there, especially since the ordeal I had :D 

16. neurosync

Ebay:
    *updated all but one images,.. OLE!*

17. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "Just keep bashing, just keep bashing, just keep bashing, bashing, bashing, bashing" now put the to the tune of just keep swiming from findin nemo and it'll be stuck in you're head for the rest of the day, neurosync, as for Ýour repaint, it's lookin bad ass man, keep up the work my man!

18. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    This screams ultra magnus to me. But I have to admit it, the work is clean and very professionally done. I am one of your followers, so you don't forget that. Your custom painted Demolishers to me are masterpieces, especially the yellow one. But as for this ROTF nightwatch prime, you are the first to do it and it turned out great! :thumb 

19. Hakka

Hakka Well-Known Member

This is looking really good.

hakka.

20. neurosync

Ebay:
    Hahaa, Findin Nemo rocks! What was that blue dumbass fish called again? Dory or something,.. cracks me up every single time, love it. Cheers for the compliment, think I need to start bringing my staring and altering and messing around with this figure to an end soon,.. I always get carried away wanting to tweak just that little bit more.. lol.

Screams Ultra Magnus,.. I was actually at one point (early in the whole process) going to go with UM, but just decided not to. I guess UM would be more white where mine is blue and invert the rest,... Thanks for that uber compliment,.. remember i've been struggling on with hand brushes with this now since my airbrush died, but that said, any streakyness seems to add its own flavour, and from the way i've done what i've done, its almost like this guy is stood out in the rain looking awlfully wet :D  So it all fits nicely :D 

Demolishor masterpieces especially the yellow one,.. :O Well, bad news on that one, I sold the yellow one at the weekend on hellbay,.. the guy just left me feedback this afternoon, and I quote "my son loves it thanks!",... :O I hope he's a well trained teenager and not 8 years old throwing it against walls! lol. Gonna try n sleep well tonite knowing that poor ol Demolishor is getting demolished! :S

Thanking you kindly.

I have since your posts added chrome stacks this afternoon. Made them out of some old stereo aerial. Chopped it up, and sanded down the ends and the angles and slid them on, however i did have to chop and make the rubbery ones more slender so that these ones could squeeze on. I'm gonna fix these permanantly to the figure later, at the moment they're just popped on there, however, they are still pretty tight fitted :D  Hope you likeys :D